Track Video Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post
    Another day, another PB at Eagles Canyon in Dallas. Sadly though I ended with a rotor cracked in two places and in need of replacing my rear pads. So time for some overdue maintenance with new rotors/pads/oil/brake fluid before we get into the summer months here in TX.

Finally splurged and hired up a local TX driving coach (Scott Adams for the TX peeps) to help me see things differently with my home track at Eagles Canyon. I was feeling that I was getting to the point where I was just driving a familiar line and not experimenting with my technique and overall approach to practice.

After a full day of practice in a different track config, I returned back to the track and immediately saw an improvement. It wasn't only time improvements but also overall balance of the car where the car wasn't just plowing with understeer but rather finally rotating due to my newly learned techniques I was practicing.

By the end of the day, I improved my pb time by .5 seconds and the theoretical dropped another second... all on 200 tw tires too, mind you! I was ecstatic with that result... if you think you're not worth having an extra set of eyes work with you at the track, then you're selling yourself short! Totally worth it and will pay dividends in upcoming events.

I assume you cracked the rotor on track? Did you lose brakes completely when that happened?

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

I assume you cracked the rotor on track? Did you lose brakes completely when that happened?
      Thankfully not in track. I pulled in cuz I started smelling more brake pad than normal so I backed off and called it a day. It wasn’t until I was swapping wheels around that I found the cracked rotor.

Consider this a psa to everyone to go check your rotors!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
      2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post

Thankfully not in track. I pulled in cuz I started smelling more brake pad than normal so I backed off and called it a day. It wasn’t until I was swapping wheels around that I found the cracked rotor.

Consider this a psa to everyone to go check your rotors!!

I had a rear rotor crack on me as well. It was a 9 year old Stoptech disc that had seen over 100 days, most on the front axle and some on the rear.

I’ll admit that I don’t check my rear brakes very closely. I check all of the rotor hat bolts and both sides of the disc on the front.

I only noticed that crack by accident. Brakes felt fine.

Comment

VIR Full-2:11.41

**New Catalyst makes posting these videos much easier**
          2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
          [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Comment

Summit Main with NASA. Had to back out of the hot lap as everyone was crawling on the main straight with checkered out (last lap, last day). Approaching my pre-wreck pace. Lot more left in the car.

Comment

https://youtu.be/qiwMVgvEPqM

Summit Main with NASA. Had to back out of the hot lap as everyone was crawling on the main straight with checkered out (last lap, last day). Approaching my pre-wreck pace. Lot more left in the car.
              That looks like a fun track!

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

That looks like a fun track!
                It really is! Only thing its missing is some esses.

Comment

It really is! Only thing its missing is some esses.
                  How do you like your KMP wheel? Do you mind if I ask you what shift module you are running? Love the setup.

2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
                  [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh1179 View Post

How do you like your KMP wheel? Do you mind if I ask you what shift module you are running? Love the setup.

KMP wheel is awesome, came with the car. Car is an smg so its just the kmp magnetic paddles wired into the factory clockspring.

Comment

Sydney Motorsport Park (Australia), annual Porsche vs BMW challenge (they won by 2pts)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Great day out at Thunderhill East with the WRECCD group. Went hopeful to be sub 2:00 on the Bypass config but realized upon arrival we were doing the Cyclone. Hopeful to crack that number next time out.
                        Best time of the day was 2:01.69. As always, any and all pro-tips are appreciated.

Comment

A fun chase video of me at Thunderhill East the other day. Without aero and with 100% stock power the car can do sub 2 on the bypass on 200tw tires. Love this car!

Comment

Originally posted by Bento View Post
                            Great day out at Thunderhill East with the WRECCD group. Went hopeful to be sub 2:00 on the Bypass config but realized upon arrival we were doing the Cyclone. Hopeful to crack that number next time out.
                            Best time of the day was 2:01.69. As always, any and all pro-tips are appreciated.
                            Lot's of time on the table still, will write something up for you in the next few week!

Comment

Originally posted by tdp_will View Post

Lot's of time on the table still, will write something up for you in the next few week!
                              Thanks so much! Looking forward to it!!

Comment

It was a very hot day - 98 degrees and humid. Still running decent laps times even in the heat.

Comment

Working...
                                X