Track Video Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrookedCommie View Post
    Here's mine from VIR. Need to sort the suspension out still, curbs are upsetting the car too much.

Great lap. Gives me something to aspire to! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Latest and greatest from Sonoma Raceway. First time there since installation of Bimmerworld V3 Aero. Was definitely a game changer for Turn 1&2. Current PR at a 1:51.52.
      Goal is to ditch the passenger and be in the 1:50s on the way to 1:49s next time.
      Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Bento View Post
        Latest and greatest from Sonoma Raceway. First time there since installation of Bimmerworld V3 Aero. Was definitely a game changer for Turn 1&2. Current PR at a 1:51.52.
        Goal is to ditch the passenger and be in the 1:50s on the way to 1:49s next time.
        Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Since I’ve put on aero, I sometimes get oversteer if I’m behind someone exiting a corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

Since I’ve put on aero, I sometimes get oversteer if I’m behind someone exiting a corner.

Interesting. Haven't experienced that yet. I feel that post aero I'm fighting off a touch more understeer. Might be my driving or could be something to address in set up. Will be discussing with Tony at TC Design.

Comment

Interesting. Haven't experienced that yet. I feel that post aero I'm fighting off a touch more understeer. Might be my driving or could be something to address in set up. Will be discussing with Tony at TC Design.
            When you got behind the Miata…

My car sometimes gets a little weird when I’m following another car. One time, I had a car come across the car (different line) and my ABS just went into ice mode.

Couple other times when the car just feels a little different.

Comment

First time to Laguna since aero installation and was pleased to be sub 1:40 on NT-01s with 20+ sessions on them. Excited to get back and keep chipping away.
              Fastest of the day was 1:39.73. Any and all pro-tips are sincerely appreciated.

Comment

First time to Laguna since aero installation and was pleased to be sub 1:40 on NT-01s with 20+ sessions on them. Excited to get back and keep chipping away.
                Fastest of the day was 1:39.73. Any and all pro-tips are sincerely appreciated.
                Is it possible to move the camera higher?

I'd recommend playing with shock of swaybar setting to dial out the nervousness at the rear end. The oversteer is obvious, but the car look unsettled under braking as well

Also, you should not be adding steering input after the apex of turn 9. Your too far left at the entrance of the corner which pinches your exit causing the additional yank on the wheel post apex. You should be on the gas before the apex and opening up the wheel just after it to track out.

Comment

I don't have a track car but I do have racing content, here is a video from our last rally. It was the very first stage of the day and we posted the third fastest time overall and the top 2wd time. I definitely see areas where we could have pushed harder but unfortunately our rally was cut short after we sheared the front diff bolt and then later blew a head gasket.

This short video is from a rally earlier in the year, It's of us going off the jump that you see in my profile picture.

Comment

Another day another PB by a second. This time during the last TT event with NASA. Need to redo my tunes for 2022.

Had about 12 HC on these 3R's. I love these tires, but god they're forever on backorder. Does anyone know of any sources?!
                    2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
                    2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

New PB at Sonoma by 2.5 seconds yesterday. Fresh NT-01s and 60 degree weather certainly helped. Chasing the 1:47s next.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6374.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	151014
                      Last edited by Bento; 01-30-2022, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Here's one from my first time ever driving the e46 on track. Even with a few issues, managed a 1:42.1 at Laguna during the first session.

Excited to go back and knock a few seconds off (hopefully) the next time out. Car is now a 5spd.

Comment

First day on the new 5spd at Laguna. Very confident I can hit a 1:40 next time out:

Comment

VIR with SVT Mustang club, 2:02.69

Last edited by rnh204; 02-23-2022, 11:09 AM.

Comment

MSR Houston clockwise. 1:41.8 on Toyo RRs. Still another easy second in this car, confident it can be sub 1:40 with RRs. It does mid-1:42s without breaking a sweat.

Last edited by bigjae46; 03-29-2022, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Another day, another PB at Eagles Canyon in Dallas. Sadly though I ended with a rotor cracked in two places and in need of replacing my rear pads. So time for some overdue maintenance with new rotors/pads/oil/brake fluid before we get into the summer months here in TX.

Finally splurged and hired up a local TX driving coach (Scott Adams for the TX peeps) to help me see things differently with my home track at Eagles Canyon. I was feeling that I was getting to the point where I was just driving a familiar line and not experimenting with my technique and overall approach to practice.

After a full day of practice in a different track config, I returned back to the track and immediately saw an improvement. It wasn't only time improvements but also overall balance of the car where the car wasn't just plowing with understeer but rather finally rotating due to my newly learned techniques I was practicing.

By the end of the day, I improved my pb time by .5 seconds and the theoretical dropped another second... all on 200 tw tires too, mind you! I was ecstatic with that result... if you think you're not worth having an extra set of eyes work with you at the track, then you're selling yourself short! Totally worth it and will pay dividends in upcoming events.

2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
                                2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Working...
                                X