X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• terra
    replied
    Originally posted by MpowerE36 View Post

Do you know if when left mpc is closed for read, it is also closed for write ?
    If you're talking about the BDM lock it's locked down unless you clear and set the the registers (which will erase the contents of the internal flash). For OBD read lock - I guess it depends on how you do it. The way I know how to do it would not break writes.

Leave a comment:

• MpowerE36
    replied
    Originally posted by CF-CarParts Motorsport View Post
    Left mpc closed for read... so think about, other ways need to get around to change "something" to open it 🙄.
    Do you know if when left mpc is closed for read, it is also closed for write ?

Leave a comment:

• CF-CarParts Motorsport
    replied
    I wouldn’t delay too much, as you know in the automotive world it’s only a matter of time before someone else figures it out. Get your money while you can. When I figure it out I will post it publicly, gotta give something back for all the hard work terra has done here.
    That's why I am at MEVD17 and MG1 atm. Some MEVD17 tested CAS off also but again... only manual ones.
    MSVx + MSSx + most MSD8x ecus allready solved .

And yes 100% with you for terras work since years . Awesome and innovator for many people to start with... so he's a legend and got full respect of me.
    Last edited by CF-CarParts Motorsport; 08-11-2021, 10:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• andriym6
    replied
    Hi, your pictures arent very well.
    I've attached what you want
    Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• hobbit382
    replied
    Haven't seen this in this thread. Sry. So need to test a bit more to secure the solution even more.
    it was posted in this thread.
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/e...mss60-research

As told, won't share for free because the correct solution was to much time effort.
    It's tested in all known MSS60 and MSS65 sw-versions (only MT atm) and atm also running in 4 swap cars as standalone. True standalone .
    I wouldn’t delay too much, as you know in the automotive world it’s only a matter of time before someone else figures it out. Get your money while you can. When I figure it out I will post it publicly, gotta give something back for all the hard work terra has done here.

Leave a comment:

• CF-CarParts Motorsport
    replied
    Hi, your pictures arent very well.
    I've attached what you want
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• andriym6
    replied
    Originally posted by beastpilot View Post
    Just to follow up on my Bricked MSS85 (M5) DME, and how I recovered it:

Bought KTAG clone off Ebay (You need KTAG, not KESS. Make sure it isn't coming with OBDII connectors.) Apparently a BDM100 off Aliexpress will work also (cheaper, longer to ship), or a Galletto 4 V54.

Opened, ECU, soldered pins on the BDM header connectors (pins came with KTAG).

Installed KTAG software, Make sure you install Visual C++ 2005 and reboot after install or you will get Checksum errors.

Read data from ECU to have a backup of what is there. If you get Checksum errors, STOP and fix them. The reads are worthless with these, and these reads could be important.

At least with KTAG it complained about the protocol being wrong for the right processor (instructions say 117, but it wanted 116). I just used the one it suggested and it worked fine. I believe this is a difference with the Siemens vs Continental DME builds (mine was an '08 and Continental).

Take you backup you made with MSS6X flasher (you did take one, right?), and use a hex editor to break it into 4 files. 0-0x7FFFF, 0x80000-0x27FFFF, 0x280000-0x2FFFFF, and 0x300000-0x4FFFFF. (512kb, 2048kb, 512, 2048)

The first block is the left MPC. The second is the Left External Flash. Third is right MPC, Fourth is right Ext Flash.
    Flash these back to the DME. That should be it.

When I did this, I got a DME EWS error. My backup did not have the ISN in it. However, the ISN will be in your BDM backup that you took before you wrote. Open up the left micro backup file read by BDM. ISN is the 6 bytes at 0x7940. Move these to your your Flasher backup file and write back to the ECU.

Even better, make sure you read the ISN with MSS6X flasher before you even try to flash anything back. This will prove that the RSA bypass and everything is working.

You may want to just write to the Left Ext Flash first and the right MPC and flash, and see if you recover it. This will avoid overwriting the ISN if the left MPC is otherwise healthy.

I've now written back to the ECU many, many times with the MSS6X flasher program with no issues. I have no idea what failed, but it was a fluke based on my experience. I'm going to go see if I can find an obvious corruption between my BDM backup and what I was trying to write with the MSS6X flasher.
    When I try read in BDM left and right MPC both give me check sum error. C++2005 installed. Flash from left and right read okay no check sum error. Did this mean my boat and MPC corrupted?
    Somebody here has full BDM backup which matches to my dme?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• CF-CarParts Motorsport
    replied
    If we share how to OBD lock, do you share how to do an immo off ?
    Nope. I already got obd and bdm lock solution. Only waiting for martyn to mod his tool to implement immo off solution there. But will not be free and also with custom code vin lock (still testing this).

as for bdm lock terra used a wiggler to set the
    UC3FMCR from 43 FF 00 FF to 41 FF 00 FF
    Haven't seen this in this thread. Sry. So need to test a bit more to secure the solution even more.

care to share your ews delete info?
    As told, won't share for free because the correct solution was to much time effort.
    It's tested in all known MSS60 and MSS65 sw-versions (only MT atm) and atm also running in 4 swap cars as standalone. True standalone .

Leave a comment:

• ZiMMie
    replied
    Originally posted by hobbit382 View Post

I thought you already had obd and bdm lock?

nop address 0x12A70 of injection
    and 0x12C2C of ignition

I'll try to get you a ram read this weekend (motor running).

Leave a comment:

• hobbit382
    replied
    OBD lock is easy? Share with us .
    BDM Unlock? Where? just set micro config disable for read and write and it's ended.
    Never test reading ram via this tool by running engine.
    I thought you already had obd and bdm lock?

nop address 0x12A70 of injection
    and 0x12C2C of ignition

Leave a comment:

• MpowerE36
    replied
    BDM Unlock? Where? just set micro config disable for read and write and it's ended.
    If we share how to OBD lock, do you share how to do an immo off ?

You just have to locate RAM_lesen function in the program. After that it is easy.

Leave a comment:

• CF-CarParts Motorsport
    replied
    obd read lock is easy, and now that terra has posted the info to bdm unlock, I feel a few could follow those footsteps to bdm lock both sides.

Leave a comment:

• hobbit382
    replied
    Do you mean you want to sniff?
    no, just a ram read while the engine is running.

I’m able to correct checksums manually, but now that terras flasher is available, it corrects automatically.

obd read lock is easy, and now that terra has posted the info to bdm unlock, I feel a few could follow those footsteps to bdm lock both sides.

thanks again for sharing the ram dumps.

Leave a comment:

• CF-CarParts Motorsport
    replied
    do you happen to have any dumbs with the vehicle running? I haven’t tried to do a ram read on a running vehicle, but I’m assuming you can?
    Do you mean you want to sniff?
    In attachment a really old one (060E).

The biggest problem for me was checksum after changed values for immo delete. This takes most of time to figure out and solve it correctly.
    After was to integrate full obd and bdm lock + VIN lock.

Injection (left) Internal flash - 512KB
    Injection (left) External flash - 2MB
    Ignition (right) Internal flash - 512KB
    Ignition (right) External Flash - 2MB
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CF-CarParts Motorsport; 08-10-2021, 05:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• hobbit382
    replied

In which file size format you were working? This offset only can be in fullread... but in 3FExxx section there shouldn't be code .
    Just a hint. The correct immo off (working and tested, without CAS Unit (in mss60 and mss65)) is in left side of ecu . Maybe other ways are possible but in left side.
    Attach you several Rams of different versions of working DMEs from me
    the ram starts at 3F8000, offset that value to get the address from terras ram read since it’s only reading the ram.

thank you for the dumps, I’m not seeing the values I expected, but it is helpful.

do you happen to have any dumbs with the vehicle running? I haven’t tried to do a ram read on a running vehicle, but I’m assuming you can?
    Last edited by hobbit382; 08-10-2021, 04:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X