This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing that wasn't made clear to me in the directions is:

Once rsa bypass is added, is it permanently bypassed?
    Or can it be relocked again?
    the instructions say add the bypass first time, then flashes can be performed at will,
    But wasn't clear what exactly that meant

My non-coder self was left scratching my head on what that means.
    But now I'd very much love to just get it fixed

Especially now after it got bricked
    Last edited by binary420; 11-06-2022, 09:37 AM.

Comment

So based on what I've found online, it seems my only options are to either buy some device to possibly be able to bdm flash the backup to the ecu,
      or otherwise to buy a replacement mss60 ecu.

And if I want it to work with my car, I'd either need to immo off flash the new dme,
      or buy a matching dme/cas/key set

Is there no other solution to recover the dme with say nfs emergency flash or something?

Comment

Yes you can buy a KTag or FGTech v54 to try flashing your backup but if your injection processor is bdm locked, you won't be able to recover it. You need a special debugger tool to unlock the bdm access of this processor. If you want more information about it you can read the "MSS60 Research" topic from Terra.
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwN...zf45mXp6PDOCzA

Comment

hello guys the program work good read all flashes good but when i load full flash i cant baypass rsa
          mss60
          the program load only tune

Comment

Originally posted by MpowerE36 View Post
            Yes you can buy a KTag or FGTech v54 to try flashing your backup but if your injection processor is bdm locked, you won't be able to recover it. You need a special debugger tool to unlock the bdm access of this processor. If you want more information about it you can read the "MSS60 Research" topic from Terra.
            Thanks for the reference to that thread.
            helpful
            couple quick questions.

I have been searching for a set which has a DME, CAS, and key already matching to make things easier.

Will that in fact make things easier or am i wasting my time since ill have to program them anyway if i want my original vin programmed?

Because ive found a few of these prematched sets, but none that have a perfect match to my dme/cas3 part #s.

also, how important is it to have a part number (both for dme and cas) that match the original exactly.

Realoem shows that mss60 are retrospectively interchangeable, and dct / manual doesn't matter.

But every ebay listing is very strongly stating to make sure to match part numbers exactly.
            and some are listed as manual only, and some DCT only..

I get it on their end, so people arent buying the wrong shit and returning
            but just want to be clear about that from actual knowledgeable people,

Do the part numbers need to be identical for any reason? Or as long as it shows on realoem as interchangeable, It can be cloned to without issue?
            Last edited by binary420; 11-19-2022, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Was wondering if anyone has ever encountered this before?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	483
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	194961

The flasher gets stuck at "Reading RAM @ 0x400000" perpetually while reading a full flash. So far it has happened three out of four times. First time was on my 2011 E92, tried it a second time and it worked as advertised. Third time was on a friend's 2008 E90, got stuck as seen in the figure. Tried it a fourth time with the same result. Any leads or help would be appreciated!

FYI, I'm using a bimmergeeks cable, confirmed all device settings were correct (com1, 1 ms latency, etc.)​

Comment

Originally posted by Dash1 View Post
                Hi everyone,

Was wondering if anyone has ever encountered this before?
                Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	36 Size:	71.5 KB ID:	194961

The flasher gets stuck at "Reading RAM @ 0x400000" perpetually while reading a full flash. So far it has happened three out of four times. First time was on my 2011 E92, tried it a second time and it worked as advertised. Third time was on a friend's 2008 E90, got stuck as seen in the figure. Tried it a fourth time with the same result. Any leads or help would be appreciated!

FYI, I'm using a bimmergeeks cable, confirmed all device settings were correct (com1, 1 ms latency, etc.)​
                even while your latency and com port are correctly configured,
                the complete configuration of the kdcan cable driver may not be complete

change the file extension of the attached .txt file to a .exe and copy it into c:\ediabas\hardware\obd\

if that folder doesnt exist, create it.
                run the program, and it will pop up a cmd with roughly 10 diferent settings.

if they are all properly configured, they will say: value xxx expected xxx "OK"
                if the expected and actual values are not the same, you'll need to edit those settings in your registry (regedit)

the location in the registry is SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Serial

you may have to add some of the settings if they arent already listed, or change the settings that dont match the cmd window.

once changed, re-run the program till all the settings say "OK"

attached are screenshots of the cmd and registry with all the correct values.

Click image for larger version

Name:	regedit screenshot.png
Views:	495
Size:	505.5 KB
ID:	197554 Click image for larger version

Name:	obdsetup screenshot.png
Views:	503
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	197555

Comment

I tested reading MSS65 (2005) and use a BMW USB Ediabas cable.
                  But i get always ECU "unknown/unsupported"
                  May i switch in config file the port=FTDI0 to something else ?

Comment

Originally posted by ppm008 View Post
                    I tested reading MSS65 (2005) and use a BMW USB Ediabas cable.
                    But i get always ECU "unknown/unsupported"
                    May i switch in config file the port=FTDI0 to something else ?

Try to read it first with INPA or Tool32 and then run the Flasher. Sometimes this helps.

Comment

Thanx
                      But no chance

Comment

Originally posted by ppm008 View Post
                        Thanx
                        But no chance
                        So INPA works but the flasher doesn't?

Comment

Yes, INPA; Toolset and Winkfpt are working like a charme.

So I only have to start mss6xflasher.exe, nothing else to do ?
                          MSS65 uses KCAN and not DCAN.
                          Ediabas cable is on COM1, although in OBD.ini.
                          ediabas.ini ist on STD:OBD

But I read in MSS6x Flasher.exe.config:
                          ="Port" value="FTDI0"

I guess FTDI0 is USB to Serial

Last edited by ppm008; 02-14-2023, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Ensure the path is correct under 'ecuPath' and you can try setting "port" to COM1 in MSS6x Flasher.exe.config

Also ensure Ediabaslib is in the same folder as MSS6x Flasher.

Comment

xk thanx
                              Setting Path to COM1 was the trick
                              mss6x_flasher works great

Comment

Edit:
                                i got it
                                Last edited by ppm008; 02-14-2023, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X