This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by terra View Post

I need more information. What steps did you take, what cable do you have, are you using the latest version?
    I had to reflash the ECU in WinKFP.
    the ecu has water damage. can i get the ews. copy?
    I got cables from doitAuto. never had any problems with

Comment

You can try and get the SK depending on whether its responding, I personally woudn't try writing with that cable though.
      Last edited by Martyn; 06-08-2020, 07:52 AM.

Comment

have now ordered a cable with EdiabasLib firmware. thank you

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

does anyone have the pinout for reading and writing on the table?

mss65

Comment

Hi guys I have an MSS65, I read the left side today, but the right side I can't read it, my BDM is a KTAG, anyone know why please?
              Attached Files

Comment

I have so many questions...

I bought the special bimmergeeks cable following the instructions in the OP. I probably already have 6 cables that would work but it's best not to brick the ECUs.

I have two E9X M3s, a 2013 6MT E92 and a 2011 DCT E90. Both have different aftermarket tunes on them. Originally the 2013 was the track car and has a catless tune, but now the situation is reversed. I would like to basically swap tunes.
                To do this, I 'read tune' from car 1, save the file, then go to car 2 and 'flash tune'?

Comment

Originally posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
                  I have so many questions...

I bought the special bimmergeeks cable following the instructions in the OP. I probably already have 6 cables that would work but it's best not to brick the ECUs.

I have two E9X M3s, a 2013 6MT E92 and a 2011 DCT E90. Both have different aftermarket tunes on them. Originally the 2013 was the track car and has a catless tune, but now the situation is reversed. I would like to basically swap tunes.
                  To do this, I 'read tune' from car 1, save the file, then go to car 2 and 'flash tune'?
                  My tunes were encrypted and it was unable to read them. I would imagine you would have the same issue?

Comment

Originally posted by derbo View Post

My tunes were encrypted and it was unable to read them. I would imagine you would have the same issue?
                    In order to find out all I have to do is try to read the tune? 'Read tune'?

Comment

In order to find out all I have to do is try to read the tune? 'Read tune'?
                      Yes, try it and let us know how it goes. I was planning to order a new cable and try it out, but haven't yet.

Comment

Shouldn't we be able to bypass tune read protections on the ECUs?

What if I have a tune with read protection but want to remove or add cold start for example? There should be a way to do that
                        Last edited by SYT_Shadow; 07-07-2020, 10:12 AM.

Comment

What if I have a tune with read protection but want to remove or add cold start for example? There should be a way to do that
                          I think it's done for tuners IP protection and to force you to go back to the tuner to make any changes.

Comment

Unfortunately with the way the flash routines are setup on the MSS6x, it's not really doable without wiping out the tune altogether. If you can do a BDM backup then it'd be possible to defeat the bypass in there and reflash, but unless you own a very early M3, your DME will be BDM locked.

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
                              If you can do a BDM backup then it'd be possible to defeat the bypass in there and reflash, but unless you own a very early M3, your DME will be BDM locked.
                              My build date is 2008-04-10 is that early enough?

Comment

Originally posted by tdott View Post

My build date is 2008-04-10 is that early enough?
                                I don’t think so. The used dme I bought had a build date near there and was locked until I unlocked it.

If you’d be able to reflash your tune afterwards, I suppose you can restore to stock, do a full backup, unlock the dme, restore the backup, flash the tune, and then read the full contents over bdm.

Comment

Working...
                                X