Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are always multiple ways to achieve the same result - if this is the result of teaching yourself C# - I congratulate you - I'll start teaching myself to become a doctor - I bet I don't get as good a result as this!!

Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by pshoey; 11-16-2020, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
      Uploaded everything to github: https://github.com/terraphantm/MSS6x-Flasher

Please be gentle with your criticism. I'm a doctor, not a programmer, this is mostly cobbled together with what I was able to teach myself :P
      Thank you for your work Terra. You did an impressive job here.

Thank you also for taking the time to explain all of your work on these ECU in the github.
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwN...zf45mXp6PDOCzA

Comment

The keys that are used in the app to sign the seed and decrypt the signature, they are from the file SGIDC.as2 in the gdaten directory?

I'm trying to work out the format of the lines in that file - I'm assuming each line contains several keys combined and they are probably encrypted by another key??

I'm very familiar with the F/G series keys but never looked into the E series stuff. Happy to share F/G series knowledge.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

P.
        Last edited by pshoey; 11-22-2020, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pshoey View Post
          The keys that are used in the app to sign the seed and decrypt the signature, they are from the file SGIDC.as2 in the gdaten directory?

I'm trying to work out the format of the lines in that file - I'm assuming each line contains several keys combined and they are probably encrypted by another key??

I'm very familiar with the F/G series keys but never looked into the E series stuff. Happy to share F/G series knowledge.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

P.
          They’re triple des encrypted. I’ll dig up the keys later. You can find them if you disassemble WinKFP. The symmetric encryption keys I thinks are encrypted with something else.

For the rsa authenticated modules, each line contains the modulus and private exponent for level 3 security access (ECU Programming Mode). Public exponent is always 7 for security access.

Comment

Does anyone on here build and sell bench setups for the MSS60/65 DME? Or could I commission someone to undertake the task? If so PM me please.

Comment

Mate its super easy 5-6 wires need.
              I would bulid some with original BMW Parts but isn't really worth if you check new parts prices .
              Only parts ~60€.

Comment

Originally posted by M3Gallo View Post
                Does anyone on here build and sell bench setups for the MSS60/65 DME? Or could I commission someone to undertake the task? If so PM me please.
                Lambda1 is correct, super easy to make one. Here are some pictures of most recent effort.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5954.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.2 KB ID:	80771 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5955.jpg Views:	0 Size:	358.4 KB ID:	80770

Comment

You guys know if MHD/XHP cable is EdiabasLib compliant so I could use that cable to flash MSS6X safely? How about ICOM?
                  Last edited by kmn1235; 02-26-2021, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Don't know about the MHD cable but definitely not ICOM as the EdiabasLib library doesn't support ICOM.

Comment

Great tool Terra...many thanks

Have a e9x s60 dme turning up this week, will try this with my bench.

Are there any plans to extend the tool?? (like code options etc (cold start delete etc)).
                      Last edited by ccfj1; 03-08-2021, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Honestly, I’m busy enough nowadays that I don’t really have time to add functionality. But if anyone else wants to, the source code is there.

Comment

Hi Mates,
                          First: I don't know if it's allowed to post, because it's a kind of teaser and advertise so if it isn't okay please mention me and delete it.

I am very happy to tell you that we got a tested and working MSS65 Immo off .
                          In fact of MSS60 and MSS65 are siblings and for bench test (because for the moment I can`t grab my no hands on an M3) also works for S65B40 and the solution are nearly the same.
                          True and full EWS / CAS delete. It is tested on several sw-versions of MSS65 (will test all of em in real).
                          For moments it's just tested in E60 M5 but we are building also adapter harnesses for swaps (E28, E30, E36, E46...) and in next months engine swap of S85B50 is done to a E3x Chassis and also harness is ready for playing .
                          So really easy plug and play standalone solutions will come for reasonable prices (~40% of known solutions from competitors).

For the moment I am very busy with finding all the rest needens for swap modification in code, I got nearly all stuff sorted out.
                          Also I am thinking about a way to protect, encrypt the solution (because we doing business with this) but be able to integrate in Martyns Tool so all of you can solve it easily - for the moment just to get your hands by sending ecu and ecu will be locked by code and mechanically.

Just for a hint (and maybe there are also other ways) but we solve it in left side of ecu .

In fact of we also got several and good knowledge in tune this BMW NA Engines I am maybe able to help you out in this place. If some of you need any help with don't hesitate to ask .
                          If I got time I help you out (series engines, tuned (decat, plenum mods and also for annoying pop and bang stuff).

Greetings from a bimmer enthusiast from germany and hope all of you got healthy times.

Comment

That is absolutely amazing news.

Comment

Originally posted by CF-CarParts Motorsport View Post
                              Hi Mates,

Greetings from a bimmer enthusiast from germany and hope all of you got healthy times.
                              Hi, where is your home Base?

Comment

Originally posted by ccfj1 View Post
                                Are there any plans to extend the tool?? (like code options etc (cold start delete etc)).
                                Originally posted by terra View Post
                                Honestly, I’m busy enough nowadays that I don’t really have time to add functionality. But if anyone else wants to, the source code is there.
                                I can add functionality to the flasher - what do we want to add? Let's get a list going.

Comment

Working...
                                X