Lets see your e46 m3 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post

Got a sneak peak today....ready next Wednesday...
    Gonna look class with the mix of fabrics imo. Always surprised how dark the mtex looks when it's brand new. The colour of that alcantara changes quite a lot once it's in the sun/after its been used for a little while. I remember when I first got mine for the seats I thought it wouldn't match at all but after a couple months of use it starts to behave a lot more like the OE fabric.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
      Down to these two now after selling my Miata daily … kind of a relief. Nice having only paid off old shit boxes lol.

Click image for larger version Name:	1F857AD8-2CB7-48CC-BC54-26B1BA3A912B.jpg Views:	0 Size:	199.3 KB ID:	168443
      which kind of potato did you take this photo with? yukon gold or russet?
      http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

I took it with an apple actually, the supposed latest and greatest. I do know roughly how to take a picture generally if you give me a real camera. I’m partial to Fuji mirrorless right now: https://500px.com/p/alexjtooke?view=photos

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

LOL!!!
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Got down into the 2:34s at COTA on Cup 2 240s this past Sunday on Michelin Cup 2 Connect 240s. Hopefully next time I'll have some better brakes and a re-tune to shed some more time. I still love this thing even though it has a affinity for shedding gas doors on track

Last edited by Jickel180; 06-01-2022, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jickel180 View Post
              I still love this thing even though it has a affinity for shedding gas doors on track
              If you code the door locks to come on at a certain speed, the gas door will lock and not open on its own during hard driving.
              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

If you code the door locks to come on at a certain speed, the gas door will lock and not open on its own during hard driving.
                They do lock after a few mph via factory settings but the spring doesn't keep the door slammed tightly against the body (say you're making a left turn in the paddock at just under the locking speed) so sometimes it'll miss the locking peg. Good idea on coding it to apply earlier though, I'll look into that!

Comment

They do lock after a few mph via factory settings but the spring doesn't keep the door slammed tightly against the body (say you're making a left turn in the paddock at just under the locking speed) so sometimes it'll miss the locking peg. Good idea on coding it to apply earlier though, I'll look into that!
                  Oh interesting, yeah your issue might require a slightly different solution then

I think you can buy a new spring btw, in case yours is tired and just not holding the door closed tightly.

Edit: Yeah spring is 51171888374 and the rubber latchy bit is 51178228939 (in case yours is sticking and not letting the door close fully).
                  Last edited by heinzboehmer; 05-27-2022, 02:16 PM.
                  2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

You can just take a pair of pliers, and tweak the gas door spring a little to "renew" its tension.
                    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

[QUOTE=Jickel180;n169716]Got down into the 2:34s at COTA on Cup 2 240s this past Sunday on Michelin Cup 2 Connect 240s. Hopefully next time I'll have some better brakes and a re-tune to shed some more time. I still love this thing even though it has a affinity for shedding gas doors on track [/QUOTE

Currently watching your YouTube vids. Good stuff!

Comment

Got down into the 2:34s at COTA on Cup 2 240s this past Sunday on Michelin Cup 2 Connect 240s. Hopefully next time I'll have some better brakes and a re-tune to shed some more time. I still love this thing even though it has a affinity for shedding gas doors on track
                        More pictures please. Tell me about the wheels and size
                        http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                        '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

[QUOTE=MotorSportThree;n169770]
                          Got down into the 2:34s at COTA on Cup 2 240s this past Sunday on Michelin Cup 2 Connect 240s. Hopefully next time I'll have some better brakes and a re-tune to shed some more time. I still love this thing even though it has a affinity for shedding gas doors on track [/QUOTE

Currently watching your YouTube vids. Good stuff!
                          Good stuff to fall asleep to!

Comment

The car *should* be on the ground today. Yellow fogs are temporary, have the BMW original ones on order. I didn't realize how crappy these yellow fogs were until they showed up - their quality is horrible.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220528_081708-01-03.jpg Views:	45 Size:	78.6 KB ID:	169851
                            Last edited by Casa de Mesa; 05-29-2022, 08:59 PM.
                            Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
                              The car *should* be on the ground today. Yellow fogs are temporary, have the BMW original ones on order. I didn't realize how crappy these yellow fogs were until they showed up - there quality is horrible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220528_081708-01-03.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	169851
                              It looks amazing. Congrats!!
                              We need some Yas Marina | Laguna Seca side-by-sides.
                              Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

The M3 joined the e53 in the chrome kidney clique:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220529_181426.jpg
Views:	661
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	169898

Comment

Working...
                                X