Lets see your e46 m3 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racee78 View Post

Topaz, which I love almost as much as LSB. It’s a great combo with a 6speed and black interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think if by you parked a mystic, topaz, lemans and interlagos together - most of us would have a hard time telling them apart
    Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Spotted an M5 in the wild recently, don't see them around often in NZ

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210914_135217.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	157394

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Can't tell if that's a dig at the e46 m3 in general or his m3 with the status gruppe bumper 😅

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post

Definitely nothing against dude’s car. Front bumper gap is just an e46 feature.

the said gap I’m referring to is the corner of the bumper where it meets the fender on each side.
        Funnily enough, the game is completely accurate to my car in that department. No gap on my bumper. 😂

Name:	FEC8339B-A716-4CA6-8B3B-77D621527406.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	157411

Comment

Originally posted by shibui View Post

Funnily enough, the game is completely accurate to my car in that department. No gap on my bumper. 😂

Name:	FEC8339B-A716-4CA6-8B3B-77D621527406.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	157411
          Your bumper is defective. Return it.
          Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Your bumper is defective. Return it.
            I like the clean look 😎 even if it isn't "OEM+ 🤤" .

The M3 never had a 1-piece CSL lip either, so the whole purist thing went out the window a long time ago lol

Comment

I think if by you parked a mystic, topaz, lemans and interlagos together - most of us would have a hard time telling them apart
              They would be pretty easy to tell apart in person.
              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

2001 LSB w/ 31,432 located in Puerto Rico 🇵🇷
                Bought the 🚙 3 yrs ago from original owner.
                car came w/ active autowerke headers & exhaust
                So far I’ve done:
                front & rear Brembo brakes w/ ss braided lines
                zhp comp wheels w/ Michelin tires
                Swapped cinnamon interior
                center console euro (arm rest delete)
                alcantara headliner/ rear deck
                Zhp shift knob
                alcantara shift boot
                angel eyes
                oem CSL bootlid

tons of maintenance:
                engine oil
                all fluids
                subframe inspected (all good) but next month taking care of it for piece of mind.
                rod bearing - done
                vanos same as subframe will be done soon as preventive maintenance.

future upgrades:
                alcantara steering wheel
                Karbonius Airbox
                and still debating on suspension (coilovers or new struts keeping the eibach springs) if i decide to go the coilovers route so far pss10 bilstein or R&T Ohlins 🤷🏽‍♂️
                Last edited by M3Giovan; 03-08-2022, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Topaz, which I love almost as much as LSB. It’s a great combo with a 6speed and black interior.

We might not get along. Just warning you. 😁

Good looking car.
                  Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

We might not get along. Just warning you. 😁

Good looking car.
                    Thanks!

Great build thread and I’m following now to see the final result. Great on you for doing the work to make it right. Disassembly is far easier than reassembly in my opinion. I have done this to a few different cars over the years, the first being an E34 touring, then and E39 M5, and the list goes on. My only advice to others attempting these jobs are to label wiring, but you’re beyond that point.

I’m also doing a color change on my E34 touring project, which is currently disassembled as well.

Comment

Had a local photog take some photos of my car for submission to a magazine. probably wont get in but at least the pictures were nice. I usually take my own photos since i'm a former photographer but i really enjoyed seeing another photographers POV and how they approached photographing the car from different angles.

Comment

Finally got back to Buttonwillow after a couple years away. I didn’t get my sub 2, but I was close, 2:03. Stock tune, just headers, 280whp, MCS 1WNR with swift flat ride spring rates, 30mm front bar, PFC 08 pads, cobra nogaro seats, AKG shifter. The suspension felt amazing. Tons of grip and very predictable weight transfer. My last session I was hitting a lap that felt really quick but I went off on the last turn and fucked it up. I was giving my wife a ride along that session so i’m kind of glad she got to experience a high-speed off.

Name:	Mar-06-2022-Speed Ventures (Sun) cropped.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	157841 Click image for larger version

Name:	Mar-06-2022-Speed Ventures (Sun) 2 cropped.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	157842 Click image for larger version

Name:	Mar-06-2022-Speed Ventures (Sun) 3 cropped.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	157843 Click image for larger version

Name:	Mar-06-2022-Speed Ventures (Sun) 4 cropped.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	157844

Comment

Question: does a thicker front roll bar put more load on the front suspension making wider front wheels more useful? Is there anything else up front that should also be beefed up at the same time?

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                            Question: does a thicker front roll bar put more load on the front suspension making wider front wheels more useful? Is there anything else up front that should also be beefed up at the same time?

maw
                            Thicker front bar is just another way of increasing the roll stiffness, similar to running a stiffer spring. Its basically transferring forces from the loaded side to the unloaded side. The flat ride theory is that you get more roll stiffness from the bar than the springs, so that your front/back spring rates allow for more compliant ride in a straight line, while the bar makes up for the roll stiffness when cornering. It all has to be balanced pretty carefully, so I would look at the flat ride thread for a better explanation. It has a chart that helps figure out what spring rates you need to run with what diameter bar in order to achieve your desired roll stiffness and bounce frequencies and what not. If you don’t plan on using flat ride spring rates I would suggest changing both the front and rear bars at the same time so that you don’t throw the front/rear balance all out of whack.

I’ve heard of people breaking the sway bar subframe mount but I’m not sure there is much you can do to prevent that preemptively. I think that happened to Beau (i think he is BBRTuning on here). You can also upgrade your end links. Other than that it's not really going to put any more stress on anything more than stiffer springs and dampers will.

My wheel set up is 10.5 square but the tires are just 265/35 square, which is pretty typical for a track car. Nothing too crazy. Plus a 10.5 +20 only pokes about 1cm further out than the typical 10 +22 or +25 that volks/enkeis/etc are.

Comment

Gearhead55 what spring rates are you running? Car looks great in those corners

Comment

Thanks!

Great build thread and I’m following now to see the final result. Great on you for doing the work to make it right. Disassembly is far easier than reassembly in my opinion. I have done this to a few different cars over the years, the first being an E34 touring, then and E39 M5, and the list goes on. My only advice to others attempting these jobs are to label wiring, but you’re beyond that point.

I’m also doing a color change on my E34 touring project, which is currently disassembled as well.

Thanks for following. It's been a lot of work (as you know) but a ton of fun. Funny thing is - I have every single wire labeled. I'm glad I did because I would have no clue what they attached to otherwise.

Post some pics of your E34. Would love to see it. Or do you have it on the forum somewhere else already?
                                Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X