Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What exhaust section 1-2 would pair well with my setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro section 1 (catted), leave section 2 alone, get a quieter muffler.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Euro OEM sec 1 and OEM muffler. The oem design is meant to work as a rudimentary diffuser and helps prevent ballooning of your rear bumper at speed. Both functions which many of the aftermarket exhaust manufacturers seem to overlook or discard. Supersprint street if you insist on aftermarket though
      2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

Added an AR20 to my setup and I feel a loss of power in the mid range. Not sure if that's normal, but if euro cats flow equally well or only slightly worse to the resonators then that seems like the smarter option.
        Attached Files
        Garage:
        2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.
        1998 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel: Pizza bag warmer.

Comment

I would get a euro section one, and weld in two ar20’s to it.

Comment

Originally posted by JudahJD904 View Post
            I would get a euro section one, and weld in two ar20’s to it.
            How would that work? Cut off the cats? Seems it would be way cheaper to start with US sec 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Rkymtnrider View Post

How would that work? Cut off the cats? Seems it would be way cheaper to start with US sec 1.
              I think he would just need to cut off the straight pipe section and weld in two ar20’s? I was fortunate to grab a early model cpi rtx section one with race cats for sale a few weeks ago and it’s the perfect setup for me. It’s gotten rid of 95% of the noxious fumes and 100% of the rasp
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X