Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PCS Tuning (Paul Claude) or HTE Performance (Hassan) for Karbonius CSL airbox tune?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCS Tuning (Paul Claude) or HTE Performance (Hassan) for Karbonius CSL airbox tune?

Hi everyone,

I have assembled all the parts for the Karbonius airbox mod and went with the Kassel Performance MAP conversion and IAT relocalisation kits.
    Still waiting for some CSL hoses to show up so only thing missing to do the install would be the tune. I won't use an OEM CSL snorkel flap. This is for a street car, I don't track and probably never will.

I know both these tuners are well known and respected so not trying to bash one or another just seeing what kinda feedback is out there. If you can share you experience with one of them, or both, and reliability and performance with their tune.
    For now I'm just looking for a tune with my OEM Euro headers and Euro section 1 and aftermarket section 3, not looking to do remote dyno tuning at this point. (unless everyone really recommends it as a must do!)

I think Paul Claude is slightly less expensive but a 50$ difference is not the deciding factor here lol. I heard they do alot of real world track testing with their tunes.
    HTE seems very well recommended on every E46 M3 group as well and he was very helpfull when I had a few questions for him.

So who would you go with?

Thanks!
    Last edited by VisorM3; 05-10-2021, 08:47 AM.

As someone who just placed an order for a Karbonius box, i'm very interested in learning more about the available tune options as well
    2012 E92 M3 Competition - LeMans Blue / Speed Cloth - 6MT
    [SOLD] 2004 E46 M3 Coupe - Carbon Black / Black - 6MT

Comment

Hassoooooooon
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by keljos View Post
        As someone who just placed an order for a Karbonius box, i'm very interested in learning more about the available tune options as well
        Congrats on the order brother!!

Comment

You'll get votes for both. A better result would be members who have actually used both.

You may also want to reach out to both on your own and get a sense for yourself of who you'd rather work with.
          '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
            Hassoooooooon
            Haha ok thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post
              You'll get votes for both. A better result would be members who have actually used both.

You may also want to reach out to both on your own and get a sense for yourself of who you'd rather work with.
              Yeah you are right, now that you mention it, it's gotta be pretty rare someone that used both to be able to give a comparison.
              But just feedback in general is all good as well and I'll just make up my mind and pick one lol

I have contacted both by email or FB messenger and both were very informative and good vibes.

Comment

Have only heard good things about Hassan, but haven't personally tried his tunes.

I chose Paul Claude over Hassan pretty much only because of the videos on his youtube channel. I specifically wanted a tune that would be reliable both on and off the track and wasn't ready to give up reliability for a couple extra hp. If his tunes haven't caused his engine to blow up after being driven like that, I'm fairly confident my car will be fine too.
                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I went with the OG of all e46 tuners... Randy from Epic. He's been around for years and nearly all BMW racers in known organizations run with him. He fixed all my tune issues from two previous tuners. My car is 99% of the time on the track and has been rock solid, even in hour long stints.
                  2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
                  2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                    Have only heard good things about Hassan, but haven't personally tried his tunes.

I chose Paul Claude over Hassan pretty much only because of the videos on his youtube channel. I specifically wanted a tune that would be reliable both on and off the track and wasn't ready to give up reliability for a couple extra hp. If his tunes haven't caused his engine to blow up after being driven like that, I'm fairly confident my car will be fine too.
                    Exact same situation here ... also I got his before Hassan was offering tuning. I didn’t even get a dyno tune, just his canned tune for SSv1+Karbonius box with MAP sensor and stock cams. Pulls really hard and smoothly from 2k rpm on ... no dead spots or weird behavior, never would know the car isn’t stock aside from the noise. A couple of local shops have said they’re surprised how well it drives and idles.

That said I’m sure Hassan does similarly great work ...

Comment

no experience with HTE, but personally i've been kicked down the road by a lot of big name tuners and it stopped with PCS tuning. have nothing but good things to say about him and the results.

agree with jbfrancis3 that you should reach out to both, particularly to see how their availability is.

Comment

All good choices. Like Trojan has mentioned though I'll be going through Randy as well here shortly since I just got my air box. I have an Epic tune on my car now and has been nothing but good to me.

Comment

I'm only interested in live tuning and I've reached out to both Paul and Hassan. Hassan seems to be more accessible and my local shop has been working with him for awhile.

I may be the guinea pig and use both without telling them though they'll know 😂
                          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Recommend Hassan HTE been running his tune for over year, and it’s a beast! csl map, airbox 280/272 cams cat-less exhaust, car runs smooth as butter and pulls incredibly till 8200k. Been Mostly running it on NE tracks. It even recently passed emissions where csl tunes usually have trouble with due to fact most of them don’t have US revision done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

A local guy told me the exact same thing influenced him towards Paul Claude!
                              A youtube video made me look into him in the first place as well, 45whp gain with the exact same setup I will have.
                              Last edited by VisorM3; 05-10-2021, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X