Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PCS Tuning (Paul Claude) or HTE Performance (Hassan) for Karbonius CSL airbox tune?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

Exact same situation here ... also I got his before Hassan was offering tuning. I didn’t even get a dyno tune, just his canned tune for SSv1+Karbonius box with MAP sensor and stock cams. Pulls really hard and smoothly from 2k rpm on ... no dead spots or weird behavior, never would know the car isn’t stock aside from the noise. A couple of local shops have said they’re surprised how well it drives and idles.

That said I’m sure Hassan does similarly great work ...
    That sounds good, thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post
      I went with the OG of all e46 tuners... Randy from Epic. He's been around for years and nearly all BMW racers in known organizations run with him. He fixed all my tune issues from two previous tuners. My car is 99% of the time on the track and has been rock solid, even in hour long stints.
      Yes I probably forgot some big names on the shortlist, another option to consider, thanks!

Comment

Was going to go with Epic, but then went to Hassan as his tunes are unlocked and allow me to adjust throttle maps myself to my liking. Hassan was an active member on m3f and also on this forum as well.

Also, hard to beat Hassan’s pricing.

I understand folks wanting to protect their tunes, but locking the DME is a dick move IMO. If people want to steal your tune they will just BDM it out anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
          Have only heard good things about Hassan, but haven't personally tried his tunes.

I chose Paul Claude over Hassan pretty much only because of the videos on his youtube channel. I specifically wanted a tune that would be reliable both on and off the track and wasn't ready to give up reliability for a couple extra hp. If his tunes haven't caused his engine to blow up after being driven like that, I'm fairly confident my car will be fine too.
          Good thinking, I had looked at those videos when I was deciding, too.

I also checked out Hassan's IG page. I remember seeing head-scratcher numbers which were a put-off (something like 380+ whp with cams and CSL intake). Gut-wise, to me, I felt better going with PCS
          '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
            Was going to go with Epic, but then went to Hassan as his tunes are unlocked and allow me to adjust throttle maps myself to my liking. Hassan was an active member on m3f and also on this forum as well.

Also, hard to beat Hassan’s pricing.

I understand folks wanting to protect their tunes, but locking the DME is a dick move IMO. If people want to steal your tune they will just BDM it out anyway.
            Agreed, never in a million years would I go for a locked tune. I’ve modified my own binary so many times since I got mine and wouldn’t want to be at someone else’s mercy for changes to throttle mapping, emissions, etc. Playing around in TunerPro or a hex editor is really powerful without touching the actual maps.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

Agreed, never in a million years would I go for a locked tune. I’ve modified my own binary so many times since I got mine and wouldn’t want to be at someone else’s mercy for changes to throttle mapping, emissions, etc. Playing around in TunerPro or a hex editor is really powerful without touching the actual maps.
              Yeah I have a car with a locked Evolve tune and has been a bitch to get it flashed back to stock!

So HTE tunes are unlocked, are Paul Claude tunes locked?

Comment

Originally posted by VisorM3 View Post

Yeah I have a car with a locked Evolve tune and has been a bitch to get it flashed back to stock!

So HTE tunes are unlocked, are Paul Claude tunes locked?
                Paul Claude tunes are not locked.

Comment

are Paul Claude tunes locked?
                  Nope
                  2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Ok thanks guys. So it's pretty much a coin flip for now haha

My gut says PCS so I will probably just go with Paul Claude, no particular reason, just because I like what I heard and I got more feedback from that tune locally and on here I guess

Comment

Ok thanks guys. So it's pretty much a coin flip for now haha

My gut says PCS so I will probably just go with Paul Claude, no particular reason, just because I like what I heard and I got more feedback from that tune locally and on here I guess
                      I dont think you can go wrong with either.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

I dont think you can go wrong with either.
                        That was my thinking when starting this thread but it’s nice to hear from other people’s experiences and comments 👍🏻

Comment

Hassan with HTE has tuned the following cars around me:

My personal turbo S54 car stock MSS54HP DME and getting retuned for e85 on same stock DME this Friday
                          Friends VF super charged S54 stock MSS54HP DME
                          Friends AA super charged S54 stock DME MSS54 with E85
                          Friends Carbon Airbox on MSS54HP DME (OEM CSL TUNE REMapped)
                          Friends Carbon Airbox on MSS54 DME (Alpha N Custom Tune)

everyone has had such a great experience with him, he's attentive, stays with you all the way through from beginning to end and even after with follow up questions and concerns. hes always available in Facebook messenger, There is never a moment where you feel hes hesitant with anything and knows exactly what hes doing.

Case in point with my car, i have a completely custom S54 turbo setup, 65lb injectors not typically used in other peoples tunes, , PMAS MAF in an less than ideal location (located right before a 45 bend in my piping instead of having 6 inches pre and post mat for air straightening)... ebay intake manifold, oddball turbo size.....Hassan was able to build me a turbo base map from scratch in short time that had the engine idling smooth with no engine dying or idle surging...MY car drives like a stock turbo car its wonderful. starts every time even on the coldest of starts. he always knew exactly what to change and where to change it, never gave me the feeling of regret that my money should have spent somewhere else.

his prices are great too and he doesnt give a "set of hours" for your tune. whatever it takes on his side to get you up and running A-Z he does it and takes care of you.

I did not pay a discounted rate for my tune i am just pleased with his service and have only great things to say .hes very careful (not conservative) and treats your engine like its his own, no one wants engine issues at the end of the day.
                          Last edited by nextelbuddy; 05-10-2021, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post

My personal turbo S54 car stock MSS54HP DME and getting retuned for e85 on same stock DME this Friday

everyone has had such a great experience with him, he's attentive, stays with you all the way through from beginning to end and even after with follow up questions and concerns. hes always available in Facebook messenger, There is never a moment where you feel hes hesitant with anything and knows exactly what hes doing.

Case in point with my car, i have a completely custom S54 turbo setup, 65lb injectors not typically used in other peoples tunes, , PMAS MAF in an less than ideal location (located right before a 45 bend in my piping instead of having 6 inches pre and post mat for air straightening)... ebay intake manifold, oddball turbo size.....Hassan was able to build me a turbo base map from scratch in short time that had the engine idling smooth with no engine dying or idle surging. he always knew exactly what to change and where to change it, never gave me the feeling of regret that my money should have spent somewhere else.

his prices are great too and he doesnt give a "set of hours" for your tune. whatever it takes on his side to get you up and running A-Z he does it and takes care of you.

I did not pay a discounted rate for my tune i am just pleased with his service and have only great things to say .hes very careful (not conservative) and treats your engine like its his own, no one wants engine issues at the end of the day.
                            Well put👍, exactly the same experience here his attention to details is second to none, can talk to him on WhatsApp pretty much anytime of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post

Case in point with my car, i have a completely custom S54 turbo setup, 65lb injectors not typically used in other peoples tunes, , PMAS MAF in an less than ideal location (located right before a 45 bend in my piping instead of having 6 inches pre and post mat for air straightening)... ebay intake manifold, oddball turbo size.....Hassan was able to build me a turbo base map from scratch in short time that had the engine idling smooth with no engine dying or idle surging...MY car drives like a stock turbo car its wonderful. starts every time even on the coldest of starts. he always knew exactly what to change and where to change it, never gave me the feeling of regret that my money should have spent somewhere else.

Hey, question for you. Your friends with the supercharged tunes from Hassan at HTE, did not have any issues with the tune? What kinda of whp were they getting with Hassan’s tune?

Comment

One made 501 whp. 8psi, that was vf kit

The other made 551whp I believe on an AA prima kit weigh a custom intercooler

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X