Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PCS Tuning (Paul Claude) or HTE Performance (Hassan) for Karbonius CSL airbox tune?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had my car tuned by Hassan back in September. My car hasn’t hit the dyno yet but she’s running very strong and even smells better at idle if that makes sense. My mods are euro headers and euro sec 1, eventuri intake, and scza exhaust. I will be bringing it to the dyno for a remote session with Hassan just to make sure everything is smooth 👍

Comment

Originally posted by LVMESM46 View Post

Did you end up getting tuned by HTE?
      Yes I did

I have a Karb. CSL instake running a MAP sensor
      Along with a full SGT Exhaust

Whenever I give it WOT under low RPM it does bog down for a split of a second and run normal after

While the AC is on the idle does pulse, but not enough to make the RPM needle move

All of these things will be taken car on a dyno to fine tune AFR and everything else

Car runs great pulls really strong I have no issues on the engine side

My biggest issue on the electronic side is

The OBD 2 port doesn’t work I couldn’t get an inspection or use a simple OBD2 scanner

Hassan did try to help sending over files with updates to flash but it never worked

After I messed around some more I noticed my scanner would only work if I cycle the key on and off
      And stay operating

That was good enough for me

I did read in here that was a BUG sometimes user had reports of the same issue running MAP sensor CSL intakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Stack after you get it on the dyno could you report back here? Im sure everyone would appreciate the results.

Comment

Just FYI - I went with HTE. Dyno-tuned. With Karbonius full carbon CSL airbox with no flap, SS headers v1 and section 1, Dinan axel back. The car feels like a hungry beast. Driveability is normal. Keep in mind this was on a Mustang Dyno. Not a Dynojet.

Comment

Nice. Put it in the dyno thread too
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by bennys8 View Post
              Just FYI - I went with HTE. Dyno-tuned. With Karbonius full carbon CSL airbox with no flap, SS headers v1 and section 1, Dinan axel back. The car feels like a hungry beast. Driveability is normal. Keep in mind this was on a Mustang Dyno. Not a Dynojet.
              Nice gains-congrats!

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
              Nice. Put it in the dyno thread too
              Absotively, but just concentrate on the delta folks, not the max numbers.😉 I really dislike Mustang dyno data though because you never know how the frick'n thing was set up-UUGH!
              Last edited by stash1; 04-20-2022, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Hassan is great!
                I tuned my car two years ago i think. But the place I took my car was horrendous they were late and took forever to setup.
                Hassan waited and had patience. I will be getting another retune soon cant wait

Comment

Paul did the map on my car, can't recommend him highly enough

Comment

Originally posted by bennys8 View Post
                    100hp gained at the crank is quite a bit. I think our drivetrain loss is only about 15% so maybe a 75hp gain but still, that's ALOT for an NA 3.2L. Plan on any weight savings now?
                    This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Hassan all day.

On base map running like shit, first pull, car put down 340 whp on a Mustang Dyno lmfao
                      2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                      2005 BMW ///M3
                      Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                      2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                      2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                      2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post

100hp gained at the crank is quite a bit. I think our drivetrain loss is only about 15% so maybe a 75hp gain but still, that's ALOT for an NA 3.2L. Plan on any weight savings now?
                        Sadly, the car is about to be sold. The Brembo GTS BBK (F+R) saved some weight as did the Dinan axel back exhaust along with the SS headers and sec 1. I had Recaro Sportster CS on order before I put the car up for sale.

Comment

Hassan for the win

Comment

For those who use PCS tune with MAP sensor conversion, do you really need to ship your DME?

2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                            2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                            2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
                              For those who use PCS tune with MAP sensor conversion, do you really need to ship your DME?
                              There are a couple reasons you’d need to ship your DME away. First is if you want to run a functional flap, you need to have the DME physically modified with an additional H-bridge to control the extra actuator. Second is the “official” CSL firmware has a different bootloader and can’t be flashed over OBD2 (nor back to the regular software once it’s running CSL)

There is a hacked version (check the coding and tuning section) that can be flashed via OBD2 and I’m sure Paul would be willing to use that one as a base. Personally I had Kassel do my DME modification and flashed my PCS tune over OBD2.

Comment

Don't mean to sway too much from the original topic, but I'm about to install a CSL intake and I'm planning to use Hassan. After talking with him via email, he is able to provide a base tune. For those that have used him, how effective is that base tune? And did you need to tell him ahead of time what modifications were done to the car?

I have a spare DME with the full CSL code. Planning on using that as the base and flashing Hassan's code onto it. I'm also planning on doing a remote tune with him, but wasn't sure what people's experience was like with the base tune.
                                Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X