X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lo
    sent from my pone

Comment

I kinda have everything I want already out of this car. If I go farther it's gonna be even more annoying to use. I already drive my M5 much more than it and I originally bought the M5 to drive on long trips.

Next up is another V8 powered car, this time preferably US made AKA simple. I don't wanna be friends with tow truck operators anymore.
      2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
      2005 BMW ///M3
      Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
      2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
      2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
      2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

After driving an F80 6MT this last weekend I want more power, as childish as it may seem. Part of me wants to go FI on the M3 after feeling some real grunt on the F80 but after spending the $ on a Karb. box and going that route I feel it would be almost sacrilegious to stop, reverse course, and throw a supercharger system in this vehicle so that likely isn't ever going to happen.

I need to find a different platform and another way to make a living if I ever want a modern high HP performance vehicle.

Man that F80 was nice, so jealous.
        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
        Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
          I wanted a CSL the car first came out so I've been building a CSL-inspired car. Next up is CSL roof (karbonius) and SS full exhaust w/ stepped headers and oversized sec 2. After that, It'll be a full custom interior with recaro PP ABE and maybe a half cage.

Recently, I've been throwing around the idea of a GT3 because I'm approaching my financial goals much quicker than expected + EV adoption seems inevitable. I'd give up the E46 but it would be a shame since I've put a lot of hours into the project.
          We're boat brothers because we're in the same one. I told myself I wanted a gt3 for awhile but too indecisive with the m3. It's like a bad gf, I'd been with it so long I can't bear to see it go some days.

Like you I want PPs in carbon kevlar probably something custom a la csl'ish but that'll be my last major addition, the massive weight savings is so tempting. There's so much cool shit out now that I've gotten back into it that it makes it fun again. Plus I was hesitant to invest in a depreciating asset but with values now it's easier to justify.

I'm copping stuff I wouldn't have otherwise considered simply due to the absurdity of them being available. I will document once they start trickling in but everything is taking forever.
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
            I'm running out of things I want to do

... well, I say that, but then something new like the Slonik plate comes along that I have to have.
            Time to get into software modding and finally figure out how to mess around with the MK60

If only I had more time...
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Time to get into software modding and finally figure out how to mess around with the MK60

If only I had more time...
              I gave up on that happening and bought an 817.3 unit.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I’m getting pretty close to finished with the car. Carbon roof, lithium battery next time I need one, and an extra set of 18” square wheels are the last items for the foreseeable future.

Comment

I finally have a suspension that functions correctly near stock ride height and no mod has made me happier in a long time. Farewell bump steer, hello improved camber curve!

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i
                  2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

One thing I forgot to mention is that I also want to start collecting cars which severely dampens the mod budget 😅

I want a couple of more E46's, an E60, and a 911 of course. I've also recently been bit by the E34 bug.
                    2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

I gave up on that happening and bought an 817.3 unit.
                      The 817.3 sounds even funner to mess around with. It would be great to find a way to easily flash back and forth between the motorsports firmware and the stock ZCP firmware (if possible).

MK60 swap is my next big project (unless someone gifts me a CF roof or something along those lines). I'll probably mess around with the MK60 module and try to disassemble the code whenever I start the swap.
                      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I’m so far behind....made the mistake of selling my first E46 and my E36. Now that I’ve finally got another I’m starting from scratch.

My buddy picked this car up with 6k and decided he was ready to part ways with it at 97k. I gladly took the car off his hands knowing it needed a little TLC. Zero plans to part with this one

Car was 100% OEM/stock(aside from HRE wheels) when I picked it up. It was well maintained mechanically but somewhat neglected otherwise. SMG pump was replaced around 70k and it was always serviced by the same dealer. It will be a weekend warrior for fun trips here and there but don’t plan on doing any track time.

I will get the sub frame done. Putting this a little lower on the priority list knowing the car’s history and intent.

So far...so much left to do.

-replaced almost all of the external trim and trim pieces.
                        -replaced driver’s side seat back
                        -fixed sagging fabric on the pillars
                        - fixed rear view mirror
                        -vanos complete
                        -rod bearings complete
                        -plugs changed
                        ​​​​​​-replaced emblems
                        -paint correction/interior cleaned thoroughly/engine bay cleaned
                        -replaced salmon relay
                        -headers(tune coming)
                        -springs/shocks
                        -carbon lip
                        -new floor mats

Wants...
                        -complete exhaust
                        -wheels
                        -coil overs
                        -interior trim refresh
                        ​​​​​​-upgraded sound
                        -eventuri...kinda torn on this one
                        -lots of random tid bits
                        -no SMG issues
                        Last edited by ELEM3NT; 05-11-2021, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by keljos View Post
                          Still pretty new to the community having owned my '04 M3 for less than 12months. Originally liked the idea of keeping pretty close to stock, although the lust has already become too strong for aftermarket parts. My car will mainly be a street car, and my philosophy is to buy-once cry-once with a high bar for aftermarket parts. Have been slowly sourcing parts and have done very little thus far outside of some various OEM replacement parts & maintenance.

Installed:
                          -Alcantara Steering Wheel, shifter and e-brake boot (Coby Wheel)
                          -F10 M5 lighted shift knob
                          -OEM CSL Boot Lid

Purchased:
                          -SS Sport Muffler
                          -Karbonius CSL Intake & OEM Flap
                          -CarboProject CSL style rear diffuser
                          -BlueBus
                          -Staggered Arc-8R (brushed clear)
                          -AutoSolutions AutoX SSK

Planned:
                          --SS V1 Stepped Headers & Section 1 (catted)
                          --SS sec 2 w/ resonator
                          --BBK w/ new rotors & calipers (specifics TBD)
                          --repair very broken sunroof
                          Would love to see those Arc8R's mounted when you can, I was so very close to getting those in the same brushed clear finish.
                          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Would love to see those Arc8R's mounted when you can, I was so very close to getting those in the same brushed clear finish.
                            you bet. I’ll get some pics posted once they’re on.

2012 E92 M3 Competition - LeMans Blue / Speed Cloth - 6MT
                            [SOLD] 2004 E46 M3 Coupe - Carbon Black / Black - 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                              More weight loss. More hardcore.
                              Sup T, such as? That's always sort of been my jam, well the hardcore part at least.

Sales guys always have to give me disclaimers and I always have to remind them I have a high threshold for pain.

I had monoball front cambrer plates and rsms running motons on 6" ERS springs back in 2006-07 and my buddy was riding with me one night on the way to hollywood. He said "how do you take girls out in this thing". Man it handled so good and grip was so tremendous I couldn't break the rear end loose on most turns.
                              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Yo! What was your name or m3f name?

Ya that's what I'm doing plus better dampers as well. Also trying to do a seat delete, then square 18s later.
                                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
                                X