Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

European Blind Spot Side Mirrors - Worth It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, why would you want to see less when you can see more? I can see the whole picture of what's going on behind me instead of a partial picture.

I say do whatever makes you happy.
    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Here is my experience with WAM's.....I used the ebay ones and thought they were awesome but i came to realize they were crap after i installed a pair of E9X OE BMW ones.

So my advice get a pair of used E9X ones from ebay and slap them on....

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
        Yep, why would you want to see less when you can see more? I can see the whole picture of what's going on behind me instead of a partial picture.

I say do whatever makes you happy.
        I don’t think they let you see more. Cars drive from my side window to side mirror to rear view mirror, never dropping out of sight. With the non convex glass I can perfectly judge how far they are.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

You definitely see more. You can see multiple lanes over and further back. The field of view covers areas the rear view mirror does not.

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
            You definitely see more. You can see multiple lanes over and further back. The field of view covers areas the rear view mirror does not.
            You can see more per mirror for sure… and more useless information (sky, ground). I have overlap with the stock mirrors, so there’s not really room for information improvement. As in, if a car is transitioning from the side mirror to rear view mirror, there’s already overlapping information. E.g if their door handle is centered on the transition, the door handle is visible on my side mirror and rear view mirror. If the front half of a car is visible out the front side window, the rear half of the car is visible in that mirror.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i
            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

If I had to pin point a specific scenario where seeing more over and back would be super beneficial is when merging onto the highway and you want to rapidly get over to the faster lanes. I find myself leaning my head forward and slightly to the right(LHD) in order to change more angle of visibility. The reason I don't like this or would prefer having better side mirror visibility is I don't want to compromise my forward looking(i.e. through windshield, rear ending someone possibility) visibility as I'm having to tilt my head back and forth in order to get the best available front/back visibility coverage.

Comment

I was thinking of doing away with mine altogether as all the roads I drive upon are empty..... :0

Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif?itemid=19681784.gif
Views:	299
Size:	925.3 KB
ID:	110358Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif?itemid=20242333.gif
Views:	315
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	110359
                3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

I installed them on all my cars . They are much better than stock in my personal opinion .

Comment

Had mine since 2012. Unplugged the defroster. Been great and no brown stains to this day

Comment

Originally posted by kermmmit7 View Post
                      I installed them on all my cars . They are much better than stock in my personal opinion .
                      Same here. They made a huge difference on the X5M and Golf R

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

I don’t think they let you see more. Cars drive from my side window to side mirror to rear view mirror, never dropping out of sight. With the non convex glass I can perfectly judge how far they are.
                        Originally posted by Obioban View Post

You can see more per mirror for sure… and more useless information (sky, ground).
                        Lmao cut it out.

Originally posted by E46_M3_ZCP View Post
                        If I had to pin point a specific scenario where seeing more over and back would be super beneficial is when merging onto the highway and you want to rapidly get over to the faster lanes. I find myself leaning my head forward and slightly to the right(LHD) in order to change more angle of visibility. The reason I don't like this or would prefer having better side mirror visibility is I don't want to compromise my forward looking(i.e. through windshield, rear ending someone possibility) visibility as I'm having to tilt my head back and forth in order to get the best available front/back visibility coverage.
                        Exactly. I'm probably the most defensive driver on the road and I like to know what's going on around me including two lanes over not just one, well, because people can't drive. My girlfriend even commented how she loved the fact she could sleep in the passenger seat on the way home because she trusted my driving.
                        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

It would appear one of the PO's of mine installed these and neglected to hook up the heater wire, or maybe they are knock-offs w/o that option.
                          I had to get used to the "fun house mirror effect" with these but they don't bother me one bit.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20210613_210632.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	110426
                          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                          Instagram

Comment

Those ones are aftermarket

Comment

I have the OE euro ones and like them. The blue tint is the same as USDM blue tint to my eye.

Comment

Originally posted by T.J. View Post
                                I have the OE euro ones and like them. The blue tint is the same as USDM blue tint to my eye.
                                I can’t find the photo now of mine. But having autofold mirrors you can compare easier. My Genuine BMW euro mirror glass has a bluer tint than US stock.
                                6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Working...
                                X