Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

European Blind Spot Side Mirrors - Worth It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally like the Euro no blind spot mirrors. They do take a bit of getting use to at first but I couldn’t go back.

Here’s some comparison pictures Stock vs Euro. ( Not Mine )

TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
    Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
    Evolve Eventuri
    - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Guys, in general, can anyone argue that any euro parts for BMWs are worse than the US market equivalents? I mean whether you're talking E46 M3 euro center console, E46 M3 euro headers, E39 M5 euro tilting armrest/storage cubby, E39 M5 euro lower dash, etc. The list goes on and one. At this point, I'm thinking it's a pretty safe bet to assume that 100% of the euro market parts for a European car are "better" or more preferred than the USDM equivalent parts.

Comment

Last year I replaced all my mirrors and other components from Mirror John. I highly recommend looking into this option as it's cheaper and seems better quality than BMW

Comment

Originally posted by big,JON View Post
          Last year I replaced all my mirrors and other components from Mirror John. I highly recommend looking into this option as it's cheaper and seems better quality than BMW
          Looks like he sells the side mirror pair for $70 shipped to the US.

Comment

Originally posted by E46_M3_ZCP View Post

Looks like he sells the side mirror pair for $70 shipped to the US.
            Mine have been on for a year and I cannot fault them at all

Comment

Originally posted by E46_M3_ZCP View Post
              Guys, in general, can anyone argue that any euro parts for BMWs are worse than the US market equivalents? I mean whether you're talking E46 M3 euro center console, E46 M3 euro headers, E39 M5 euro tilting armrest/storage cubby, E39 M5 euro lower dash, etc. The list goes on and one. At this point, I'm thinking it's a pretty safe bet to assume that 100% of the euro market parts for a European car are "better" or more preferred than the USDM equivalent parts.
              I’d say…
              cup holders > euro tray
              6mt e60 M5 > smg e60 m5
              Foot well trunk release button > no foot well trunk release button

people here retrofit the things that are better there. People there retrofit the things that are better here.

​​​​​​…. and clearly I’d file the US mirrors as better than the euro mirrors, though it’s safe to say that’s not a universally shared opinion 🤣
              (I got mine from a guy that didn’t like them and took them off, so I’m also not alone in it)

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

I’d say…
                cup holders > euro tray
                6mt e60 M5 > smg e60 m5
                Foot well trunk release button > no foot well trunk release button

people here retrofit the things that are better there. People there retrofit the things that are better here.

​​​​​​…. and clearly I’d file the US mirrors as better than the euro mirrors, though it’s safe to say that’s not a universally shared opinion 🤣
                (I got mine from a guy that didn’t like them and took them off, so I’m also not alone in it)
                I only disagree with you on the first one(cup holders > euro tray) as I thought it was a cardinal sin to eat/drink in the M3 😂
                I'm not gonna disagree with you on the whole grass is greener thing because when I had my E39 M5 and decided to "upgrade" to genuine euro Hellas(i.e. clear corner headlights) which I thought were infinitely superior in looks to the US Hellas. Shortly after that I then accidentally stumbled onto "Steaky Westinghouse's" YT channel(From across "the pond") where he retrofits the US amber corner headlights 🤢 so beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder.
                Last edited by E46_M3_ZCP; 06-15-2021, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Cup holders??? Wow.

Amber corners are the red centercaps of the lighting world.
                  2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

If a car doesn't have cup holders, that's the ultimate cardinal sin. Whether they get used or not is irrelevant. A car must have cup holders.
                    This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
                      If a car doesn't have cup holders, that's the ultimate cardinal sin. Whether they get used or not is irrelevant. A car must have cup holders.
                      My E30 M3 never came with cup holders.
                      6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Those things they call cup holders in the e39's , what the heck were they thinking.
                        P.S. apparently they weren't !!!
                        2004 M3 Mystic Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic3 View Post
                          Those things they call cup holders in the e39's , what the heck were they thinking.
                          P.S. apparently they weren't !!!
                          It's probably the greatest engineering flaw on the car.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i
                          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Best $12.00 spent for e39.
                            Attached Files
                            2004 M3 Mystic Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic3 View Post
                              Best $12.00 spent for e39.
                              I’m strongly considering upgrading to this style cup holder in my E39 as I find the “ultimate” cup holder to be anything but.
                              E46 M3 Coupe - 09/04 Production, 103k miles, Black/Black, 6MT swap, AS 0% kit, BBS RG-R + AS4’s, CSL flash, Karbonius airbox, Euro header + Section 1, Koni Yellow, Xtrons, SAP Delete, lockdowns complete

Comment

Originally posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
                                I personally like the Euro no blind spot mirrors. They do take a bit of getting use to at first but I couldn’t go back.
                                Here’s some comparison pictures Stock vs Euro. ( Not Mine )

That pretty much sums it up. And reason so many people swap the mirror glass.
                                6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Working...
                                X