Karbonius CF M3 E46 Strut Brace!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
    Wow, 100% complete design rip off of BMW's own bar from their BMW PERFORMANCE line. To use the words "create" and "design" in this copy is taking a bit of liberties with those words.
    It's a very good copy in photos, but presenting it like it's you own design is kind of textbook definition of plagiarism.

*Since BMW no longer carries this it may be the reason it's able to be made? Otherwise BMW is well know for legal department taking action.
    Yeah, it's a nice bar but there's no way they could've replicated the BMWP design that closely without employing the use of 3D scanning of the OG bar.

Edit: Speaking of which, someone should start getting BMW Performance vinyl decals printed. Then whoever buys this bar can put the decal on, and no one would ever know!
    Last edited by timmo; 07-15-2021, 04:09 PM.

Comment

I mean… why get mad about this but not the CSL airbox?
      (which Bmw does still sell)

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Wow, 100% complete design rip off of BMW's own bar from their BMW PERFORMANCE line. To use the words "create" and "design" in this copy is taking a bit of liberties with those words.
        It's a very good copy in photos, but presenting it like it's you own design is kind of textbook definition of plagiarism.

*Since BMW no longer carries this it may be the reason it's able to be made? Otherwise BMW is well know for legal department taking action.
        Karbonius is a Spanish company. If you read the spanish version of the site, it sounds a lot less like they're trying to pass it off as their own design. More like they're saying they used the BMW performance bar as a starting point to design and create their own version/copy/whatever you want to call it. I'm sure this is more of a translational hiccup than them trying to pass off the product as an original creation.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I agree with Sina: "It's super sweet that a company with a proven eye for quality is still developing things for the platform".

Originally posted by timmo View Post
          Yeah, it's a nice bar but there's no way they could've replicated the BMWP design that closely without employing the use of 3D scanning of the OG bar.
          BINGO! 👍
          TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
          Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
          Evolve Eventuri
          - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Karbonius is a Spanish company. If you read the spanish version of the site, it sounds a lot less like they're trying to pass it off as their own design. More like they're saying they used the BMW performance bar as a starting point to design and create their own version/copy/whatever you want to call it. I'm sure this is more of a translational hiccup than them trying to pass off the product as an original creation.
            That's exactly what it is, lost in translation.

Funny oldfanatic is getting upset at the bar and no mention of any other csl parts LOL!
            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by timmo View Post
              Exactly my point. There was no "designing" here.

Maybe the wording didn't translate well, it should say “replicate“ instead of “create”.
              6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Looks great! I for one is just happy a company is still producing quality parts for our cars.

Comment

Otherwise BMW is well know for legal department taking action.
                  automakers don't care if you copy their parts, only if you put their name on it

if this bar had a "bmw performance" decal on it there would be problems from the motherland

Comment

i'm liking that matte brace with the matte airbox, i'll have to add it to the list

Comment

Originally posted by NZ_M3 View Post

stock bar is the same 🤷🏻‍♂️

Click image for larger version

Name:	2433DB74-03E5-427B-8E71-61C830589416.png
Views:	1212
Size:	300.5 KB
ID:	115015
                      No, stock bar has more contact area than the m performance one, lol.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	5CAA0CCB-5C8E-4B3A-A03B-4D6ABDFE5E98.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	175.7 KB ID:	117235 Click image for larger version  Name:	B808E96E-8E18-41F3-86F1-B4CB243A6F9C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	125.9 KB ID:	117233 Click image for larger version  Name:	26D218E3-12D2-4C89-AAC1-6B8CE87B05A9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	99.9 KB ID:	117231 Click image for larger version  Name:	A8434993-5019-4DB6-8152-C8A7CB4A46D7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	120.5 KB ID:	117232 Click image for larger version  Name:	86A66903-CD39-4E0E-AD09-E5FD41273B01.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	132.5 KB ID:	117230 Click image for larger version  Name:	49417423-2788-472B-B6F5-0D7994CC4BA2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	108.8 KB ID:	117229 Click image for larger version  Name:	039D3E29-12D8-4C67-9FBD-DBFABC09FD6A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	120.4 KB ID:	117228 Click image for larger version  Name:	78FC836F-06DB-4F37-9C37-6477503CE1E3.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	124.4 KB ID:	117227 Click image for larger version  Name:	77863A20-EA3D-404D-90F3-C9DF9378A445.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	175.0 KB ID:	117234

Click image for larger version  Name:	8732448C-59DE-417B-AAFB-4BF650AAF912.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	182.6 KB ID:	117236

So I got this in for a friend of mine and I happened to own the original also so thought I’d take some side by side photos and one mounted (after he said it was ok to do for photos)

it is slightly heavier compared to the genuine article but otherwise really well made to be honest.

I do believe the alloy part is going to be redone in a better finish in subsequent productions and the holes made better (currently they are slightly too small)

Last edited by NZ_M3; 07-26-2021, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Nice pictures Tom! 😎
                          Any chance you could weigh the two bars? Curious what the difference is between the two. Thanks….👍
                          TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
                          Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
                          Evolve Eventuri
                          - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Working...
                          X