Race track only brake pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

I really have trouble believing the ST34s are that hood, based on my experience with stoptech calipers, rotors, and other pad compounds.
    Not ST43. SR34 race pad. You can get them for $200 and only come in sizes for Stoptech calipers. A set of SR34s used to last about 6-8 weekends pre-roll cage at 3000 lbs.

Now that I’m at 2630, the SR34s last 10+ weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

Not ST43. SR34 race pad. You can get them for $200 and only come in sizes for Stoptech calipers. A set of SR34s used to last about 6-8 weekends pre-roll cage at 3000 lbs.

Now that I’m at 2630, the SR34s last 10+ weekends.

SR34, then.

Performance friction track pads are best in class, whereas every stoptech component I’ve used has been kind of… junk.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

SR34, then.

Performance friction track pads are best in class, whereas every stoptech component I’ve used has been kind of… junk.
        I’ve had Stoptechs on since 2013. Never have had a single issue with them. Just replaced 2 friction discs earlier this year.

Not the best BBK ever but they keeps costs low and performs well enough for me.

Comment

Their rings don't tend to last as long, but I like the Trophy calipers a lot. Always wanted to try their SR race pads.
          '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

I’ve had Stoptechs on since 2013. Never have had a single issue with them. Just replaced 2 friction discs earlier this year.

Not the best BBK ever but they keeps costs low and performs well enough for me.

Their rotors last 1/2 to 1/3 as long as other rotors I’ve used, the finish on the calipers looked like crap after a year of use and the seals need replacing seemingly 5x as often as brembo, and their street performance pads have given me deposits on 3 different cars… one of which was my mom (not fast).

Their low cost is a false economy, IMO.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

I used ht-10's front and rear on my m roadster I tracked. I liked them.

Comment

I like my DTC-70

Comment

I've been happy with DTC60s, no confidence issues when on the back straight of CoTA at 130+mph
                  '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
                  Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                  Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Has anyone run endless? Looking to get the N35S compound for my bbk. Coming from PFC 08’s on stock caliper

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post

Woo. I ended up going with the ST43s. Can't wait to get them on and at the track.

Sadly, fcp doesn't sell them - but I'm hoping I'll get 1-2 years out of a set and they've only $150 - fairly affordable. My old Wilwood's only lasted 2-3 track days destroying not only the pads but the rotors too! It was getting expensive.
                      I'm also running st43s and happy with them. Can't comment on rotor life since this is my first set. Just make sure to ceramic coat your wheels. It makes it so much easier to get the brake dust off. The wheel get's fully dusted in about 300 miles and they squeal a whole lot! LOL. I'll be switching to something like akebono for street.

Comment

Originally posted by sdwz_m3 View Post
                        Has anyone run endless? Looking to get the N35S compound for my bbk. Coming from PFC 08’s on stock caliper
                        I thought about running ProjectU or Endless - but unless I just want to keep a spare set on hand (which I guess you could do) they're sometimes hard to get and also pricey compared to Raybestos/Hawk/Ferodo/ST.

Originally posted by enjoy_m3 View Post

I'm also running st43s and happy with them. Can't comment on rotor life since this is my first set. Just make sure to ceramic coat your wheels. It makes it so much easier to get the brake dust off. The wheel get's fully dusted in about 300 miles and they squeal a whole lot! LOL. I'll be switching to something like akebono for street.
                        Probably a good call on the ceramic coating, I haven't done that. With that said, I don't drive my race car on the street but after every race/track day the wheels come off and everything is cleaned.
                        E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                        Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

For those who want to try Endless pads (ME20/CC40, for example), ping Jesse at http://jessestreeter.com. He sourced ME20 pads for my s2k. It took him several weeks (were not in stock), but final prices (approx converted because he invoiced in Yen with a spot rate), were about $75-100/axle cheaper than other places you can find online.

He's a very popular source in JDM community, but if Endless makes them for our cars, which they do, he will get them to you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by mrgizmo04; 08-26-2021, 03:32 PM.
                          Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post
                            I've been happy with DTC60s, no confidence issues when on the back straight of CoTA at 130+mph
                            I’m moving to TX next week from NY

What club do you do CoTA with ?

Comment

So I'm in the market for a set of track pads. I got a Brembo GT BBK on my car, so there isn't as much track pad selection available. I've kinda narrowed down my choices to Hawk DTC-60, Raybestos ST43, and Carbotech XP10. I have used all these pads in the past on other cars, just wondering what people's thoughts of these are on this car. From my previous experience with these pads, I think they should all be pretty similar.
                              2004 Alpine White / Cinnamon E46 M3 6MT
                              1993 Brilliant Black FD Rx7
                              IG: @gearheadtwins

Comment

Originally posted by marksae View Post
                                So I'm in the market for a set of track pads. I got a Brembo GT BBK on my car, so there isn't as much track pad selection available. I've kinda narrowed down my choices to Hawk DTC-60, Raybestos ST43, and Carbotech XP10. I have used all these pads in the past on other cars, just wondering what people's thoughts of these are on this car. From my previous experience with these pads, I think they should all be pretty similar.
                                I really liked the RT RE10s.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                                2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Working...
                                X