Matt from OG picks up an E46 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toby22 View Post

Which is sound primarily. High redline next. We know it wasn’t for the torque lol
    Isnt there any difference in throttle feel NA vs turbo? And the many other small things that make the e92 analog in comparison

Comment

Originally posted by yhp2009 View Post

Isnt there any difference in throttle feel NA vs turbo? And the many other small things that make the e92 analog in comparison
      Sure, but E92m just feels like a lazier version of the e46m to me. One huge upside of the e9X is the sound. Steeeing feel of e92 isn’t much to talk about either. So not sure what other analog feel it has going for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby22 View Post

Sure, but E92m just feels like a lazier version of the e46m to me. One huge upside of the e9X is the sound. Steeeing feel of e92 isn’t much to talk about either. So not sure what other analog feel it has going for it.
        Compared to the EPS in the F8X, the e9X has air cooled 911 steering 🤪

I’m not a huge fan of the e9X, but it’s the last real M car for sure. Instant throttle response, high revs, sufficient chassis and steering feel, rwd, NA, manual trans exists. It does feel a bit like a lazier (but faster) e46 M3, but it’s still speaking the right language.

… and, yes, it sounds great.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
          There's also some need to differentiate sound in the car from sound outside the car. Bone stock, the car sounds pretty great inside the car-- it's only outside the car that the chainsaw happens.
          for the most part yes. I drove mine bone stock for ~7 years, and I could definitely hear the midrange rasp. However at the top it sounded great inside the car.

Comment

You have an e46 m3 that was compromised by mendacious emission standards.

Try putting it in its original config.
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

The cats will not be coming out of my car under any circumstances, nor should they be removed from anybody else's.

Comment

What are you talking about?

Comment

Tbone upping his vocab game lately
                  '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

It has actually slipped since my 20s

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post
                      Tbone upping his vocab game lately
                      The T stands for Thesaurus, don’t you know?

Edit:
                      Or twat, depending on how close e-buddies you are with him 😂

Comment

Or tactless

Still waiting for tnord to clarify if he really believes the E46 M3 was first sold without any cats.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                          Or tactless

Still waiting for tnord to clarify if he really believes the E46 M3 was first sold without any cats.
                          Touché

Comment

I watched a lot of his older videos like the 1m build and can normally deal with his negativity/OCD, but him reviewing the E46 m3 is just so grating. It's great for him to buy any car he wants and build it to spec, but have some gratefulness to your life rather than complaining. I get stock is not ideal, but definetly not as bad as he was claiming to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubacca View Post
                              I watched a lot of his older videos like the 1m build and can normally deal with his negativity/OCD

a lot of people here like to give him a pass on his personality because he has OCD.

but really it's probably his narcissism that rubs people the wrong way

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

a lot of people here like to give him a pass on his personality because he has OCD.

but really it's probably his narcissism that rubs people the wrong way
                                On a positive note, Matt seems to not accept subpar, to a very extensive extent. I can greatly appreciate that type of personality, however I also can’t watch his personality on screen. It is in deed cringe

Comment

Working...
                                X