BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

It's not a component that needs to be replaced -- I cut a trace on the PCB, then I remove C21, R19 and R20 and install a modboard I designed in that area with some solder bridges that connect it to the BC127. The end effect is that the power sequence is different and thus there are no longer any issues with the cold.

I have not gotten a chance to look at the PDC issue -- I honestly forgot since I don't have a car with PDC

-Ted
    Ah, I did not expect so much work to be done...
    In this case I will send it back to you then... if you are still OK

Comment

Originally posted by Orphee View Post

Ah, I did not expect so much work to be done...
      In this case I will send it back to you then... if you are still OK
      Of course! Shoot me an email so I can confirm the shipping address -- support@bluebus.dev

-Ted

Comment

t3ddftw A friend of mine would like to buy a bluebus soon.

He (almost) have an M5 E39 from 09/1999 with DSP.

Is DSP coaxial cable sold with bluebus does he have to request / add it in the shopping cart ? is the 6 pin connector for TCU phone included ?

Thank you

Edit :
        May I also suggest to add SES pin connectors option in TCU de-pinning guide ?

Adam,

The Blue connector pictured is the SES connector. Here are the pin arrangement from it to the BlueBus:
        Code:
        Pin 1 is the top row, lowest pin (closets to the 6 Pin Audio)
        Pin 4 is the bottom row, lowest pin (closets to the 6 Pin Audio) right under pin 1
        BlueBus 1 - Mute - SES 22
        BlueBus 2 - Mic Neg - SES 8
        BlueBus 3 - Spkr Neg - SES 12
        BlueBus 4 - Tel ON - SES 18
        BlueBus 5 - Mic Pos - SES 9
        BlueBus 6 - Spkr Pos - SES 13
        P.S. does the 6 pin connector going into the BlueBus have 3 or 5 wires in your car?

Thanks!
        -Ted
        Last edited by Orphee; 03-20-2024, 01:28 AM.

Comment

t3ddftw A friend of mine would like to buy a bluebus soon.

He (almost) have an M5 E39 from 09/1999 with DSP.

Is DSP coaxial cable sold with bluebus does he have to request / add it in the shopping cart ? is the 6 pin connector for TCU phone included ?

Thank you

Edit :
          May I also suggest to add SES pin connectors option in TCU de-pinning guide ?

I don't sell the coaxial DSP cable, but if the car was not equipped with the CD Changer pre-wiring I can definitely make the analog wiring required.

The 6-pin de-pin connector is available at checkout, free of charge

Thanks!
          -Ted

Comment

Hi There - Quick question, any chance we can get ibusapp to integrated with bluebus? I love the concept of bluebus and think its awesome as ive been following it since its inception!

Comment

Originally posted by Irhase46m3 View Post
              Hi There - Quick question, any chance we can get ibusapp to integrated with bluebus? I love the concept of bluebus and think it’s awesome as ive been following it since its inception!
              Don’t android units have Bluetooth?

Unfortunately, you’d have to ask the IBUSApp guys about this, but the real issue is how you’re going to get the BlueBus audio output into the aftermarket radio :/.

-Ted

Comment

I have not gotten a chance to look at the PDC issue -- I honestly forgot since I don't have a car with PDC

-Ted
                How can I help with this matter ?
                Did you receive my logs ?

Comment

How can I help with this matter ?
                  Did you receive my logs ?
                  Yes, but this issue is complex.

The PDC "active" message is still broadcasting for some time after reverse gear is disengaged. Therefore, it's re-engaging the functionality.

Does your vehicle have a manual or auto trans?

I am under the impression that manuals can't broadcast reverse gear on the I-Bus, so if I took the trigger for PDC messages out and based it solely on gear selection, I may break this for manual transmission users...

-Ted​

Comment

Yes, but this issue is complex.

The PDC "active" message is still broadcasting for some time after reverse gear is disengaged. Therefore, it's re-engaging the functionality.

Does your vehicle have a manual or auto trans?

I am under the impression that manuals can't broadcast reverse gear on the I-Bus, so if I took the trigger for PDC messages out and based it solely on gear selection, I may break this for manual transmission users...

-Ted​
                    It is actually expected.
                    It is manual transmission.
                    But as I have front PDC too, it will stay on for maneuvers​, to warn about any obstacle frontside.
                    It will not disable itself unless I disable it by clicking on PDC button, or by raising speed to like more than 20km/h forward.

It works perfectly fine when you engage the rear gear, the sound raise down and stay down, but when you switch back to neutral, I bet on cars than only have rear PDC, it is then automaticaly disabled once rear gear is disengaged.
                    As on a front/rear PDC cars, the PDC stays active even when you remove the rear gear, I suppose currently bluebus don't know how to handle this behavior.

The PDC "active" message will broadcast forever once reverse has been engaged, even when removed until car has moved forward fast enough to disable PDC. is it totally expected with cars with front PDC.
                    Last edited by Orphee; 04-11-2024, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X