BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mc645 View Post
    t3ddftw Any more information on the Ground loop isolator? For me the alternator whine is most annoying when the radio is off completely. Are the 6pin to 3.5mm adapters just wire adapters or is there more logic to it?
    If the radio is fully off (via the knob), you really shouldn't be hearing A/C whine

It's just a simple wire adapter.

I buy these: https://www.adafruit.com/product/1700

Then I crimp on these terminals from TE connectivity:
    1355719-1
    1355717-1

Finally, I assemble the connector ends with these parts (also from TE):
    1379118-1 (Vehicle end of the connector, which needs to have both ground pins populated)

185311-1 (Inner Terminals Housing)
    953382-1 (Outer Housing)
    953381-1 (Inner Housing locking cover)

Thanks!
    -Ted

Comment

Hi Ted, I received the wire adapters and I've got my Ground Loop Isolator in tote.

Can you ELI5 what to do with these two wire adapters provided? My Isolator has a single 3.5mm jack coming off of it and a female 3.5mm jack input.

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
        Hi Ted, I received the wire adapters and I've got my Ground Loop Isolator in tote.

Can you ELI5 what to do with these two wire adapters provided? My Isolator has a single 3.5mm jack coming off of it and a female 3.5mm jack input.
        Remove the cable that came with your isolator and toss it. Connect the 3.5mm ends from the two cables I sent to the isolator, then connect it inline with the 6-pin BlueBus audio connector.

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

Remove the cable that came with your isolator and toss it. Connect the 3.5mm ends from the two cables I sent to the isolator, then connect it inline with the 6-pin BlueBus audio connector.
          What a difference this makes, thank you my good man! Beautiful crimps by the way.

Comment

Are the new kits corrected for the issues above? This sounds like an amazing product - exactly what i am looking for to use my iphone with all original OEM stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post

What a difference this makes, thank you my good man! Beautiful crimps by the way.
              Glad to hear it! You're super welcome

Originally posted by audipwr1 View Post
              Are the new kits corrected for the issues above? This sounds like an amazing product - exactly what i am looking for to use my iphone with all original OEM stuff.
              The issue above isn't exactly a problem with the BlueBus, rather the BlueBus is picking up noise from the electrical system and pumping it out. This only happens when the noise already exists (due to issues with the charging system). That being said, it doesn't happen to enough users to justify adding isolation to the audio output circuit. It's just easier (and cheaper for everyone) to fix it on a case by case basis.

Thanks!
              -Ted

Comment

Hi Ted,

I have the bluebus since day one and really loving it! Never thought the audio quality could be so good with my low-end (basic) stock radio!

I also have a pretty noticable alternator whine sound coming through the speakers, related to the rpm. When the radio is turned off, the sound is gone.

Can a ground loop isolator help reduces this issue? If so, can you share a wire diagram where to place the isolator? I have a MID radio, non DSP (unfortunately) and non amp.

Also, I missed the recall action for the early v1 batch, related to the handsfree calling? How serious is the issue, do I risk the bluebus will stop working?

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Comment

Originally posted by JeroenS View Post
                  Hi Ted,

I have the bluebus since day one and really loving it! Never thought the audio quality could be so good with my low-end (basic) stock radio!

I also have a pretty noticable alternator whine sound coming through the speakers, related to the rpm. When the radio is turned off, the sound is gone.

Can a ground loop isolator help reduces this issue? If so, can you share a wire diagram where to place the isolator? I have a MID radio, non DSP (unfortunately) and non amp.

Also, I missed the recall action for the early v1 batch, related to the handsfree calling? How serious is the issue, do I risk the bluebus will stop working?

Kind regards,

Jeroen
                  Yeah, the isolator would very likely resolve your alternator whine.

I don't have a diagram for how it incorporates, but it's pretty simple -- the goal is to wire this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0171PQLB8/ inline with the 6-pin audio output connector from the BlueBus to the car. I sell adapters for this which convert the 6-pin to 3.5mm and back, making it plug and play.

Yeah, your BlueBus could just stop working one day. You should really send it in, but you'll have to send it to the U.S. at this point. Shoot me an email, please!

Thanks!
                  -Ted

Comment

Just added the ground loop isolator to my car like Ted suggested. What a difference! Very happy with how it turned out. Thanks Ted!

Here's details on how I did it in case anyone wants to replicate: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...ge8#post210857
                    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                      Just added the ground loop isolator to my car like Ted suggested. What a difference! Very happy with how it turned out. Thanks Ted!

Here's details on how I did it in case anyone wants to replicate: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...ge8#post210857
                      Glad you were able to get it made, and thanks for documenting it!

-Ted

Comment

t3ddftw - quick question. The GitHub Wiki page says a good default setting for Mic Gain is -23. My Bluebus won't set that number any lower than 0. Can you advise? Thanks.
                        Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, Bluebus, Lightwerkz retrofit. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBimmers View Post
                          t3ddftw - quick question. The GitHub Wiki page says a good default setting for Mic Gain is -23. My Bluebus won't set that number any lower than 0. Can you advise? Thanks.
                          Howdy!

0dB is the lowest on the HW 2.x BlueBus. I assume the other party is hearing themselves? If so, what mic gain is it set to now, and what are the last three digits of the microphone in use?

-Ted

Comment

Hi t3ddftw Ted. Other callers say I sound "tinny," not that they hear themselves at setting 0. Just asking for a good default number suggestion. Mic is original OEM. Thanks.
                            Last edited by BlueBimmers; 04-12-2023, 12:30 PM.
                            Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, Bluebus, Lightwerkz retrofit. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBimmers View Post
                              Hi t3ddftw Ted. Other callers say I sound "tinny," not that they hear themselves at setting 0. Just asking for a good default number suggestion. Mic is original OEM. Thanks.
                              Sorry for the lag getting back to you on this! Try 3dB, then go from there. You might need a tiny amount of gain to let callers hear you.

Thanks!
                              -Ted

Comment

HI Ted t3ddftw, just wondering when you'll be releasing the next firmware version? Should be 1.3.3 if I'm not mistaken.

Many thanks!!
                                2003 Stahlblau E46 320d Touring – 6MT
                                2001 Topasblau E39 530i – 5MT

Comment

Working...
                                X