Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cobra View Post
    Couple questions:
    1. I have noticed that maybe 5-10% of the time when I start the car, the audio will be very choppy and skip every 1-2 seconds. It is fixed by turning off the car, waiting 15 seconds, and restarting. Is that a known issue?
    2. My phone call volume is very low relative to music volume. Is there a way to adjust them independently?
    1. Sounds like poor signal. Is the blue LED on the unit facing the cabin? In my own M3 Coupe, this makes a huge difference. On the Touring, not so much. Do you keep the phone in your pocket or place it somewhere?
    2. "Call Vol. Offset", or if you have Navigation, Settings > Calling > Vol. Offset -- try +3 or +4.

Thanks!
    -Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

I make this with the help of some AliExpress connectors (https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802762548801.html​) -- I actually got into the business of making these to support sales in Europe where pre-wiring is rare...

Thanks!
      -Ted
      That sounds like just what I need!

I'll get in touch when I get the car... Would that cover the telephone functions too, or just music playback?
      2003 Stahlblau E46 320d Touring – 6MT
      2001 Topasblau E39 530i – 5MT

Comment

Originally posted by Der_Spanier View Post

That sounds like just what I need!

I'll get in touch when I get the car... Would that cover the telephone functions too, or just music playback?
        It can cover telephony functionality (though there is some added expense), but if this is a slicktop, then you're going to have to partially drop the headliner to install the mic. The other option is to free-hand cut a hole for the mic into the headliner, hah.

-Ted

Comment

It can cover telephony functionality (though there is some added expense), but if this is a slicktop, then you're going to have to partially drop the headliner to install the mic. The other option is to free-hand cut a hole for the mic into the headliner, hah.

-Ted
          There’s a third option: getting the mic used in the last E46 convertibles, which is mounted on the steering column, just behind the steering wheel. It’s what I have in the Touring.

How much do you charge for the full-on harness if you don’t mind me asking?

Comment

There’s a third option: getting the mic used in the last E46 convertibles, which is mounted on the steering column, just behind the steering wheel.

How much do you charge for the full-on harness if you don’t mind me asking?
            You're not wrong, but that mic kinda stinks.

The full retrofit is $25.

Thanks!
            -Ted

Comment

1. Sounds like poor signal. Is the blue LED on the unit facing the cabin? In my own M3 Coupe, this makes a huge difference. On the Touring, not so much. Do you keep the phone in your pocket or place it somewhere?
              2. "Call Vol. Offset", or if you have Navigation, Settings > Calling > Vol. Offset -- try +3 or +4.

Thanks!
              -Ted
              1. Definitely doesn't seem like a signal issue. As soon as I cycle the power, it can work flawlessly for hours without a single hiccup. I keep my phone in my pocket. I have it situated with the cables/plugs pointing towards the passenger side, mounting tabs lined up with the studs.
              2. I will give that a shot!

Comment

You're not wrong, but that mic kinda stinks.

The full retrofit is $25.

Thanks!
                -Ted
                Is it really that bad?

Pulling the roof lining down is literally the last thing I’d like to do…

Thanks for your very quick feedback btw! I’ll keep that in mind. I was thinking about ordering a second Bluebeard for my parents’ E39 (they’ve seen it in mine and really liked the idea), so I might just order the harness when I get that. Otherwise shipping costs to Europe will be prohibitive just for the wiring.
                Last edited by Der_Spanier; 09-24-2024, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Thanks!
                  -Ted
                  Hi!

Has you some time to consider what we discussed by mail to raise phone volume higher than currently?
                  Have you an opinion about traffic info TP with digital output ?
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post

1. Definitely doesn't seem like a signal issue. As soon as I cycle the power, it can work flawlessly for hours without a single hiccup. I keep my phone in my pocket. I have it situated with the cables/plugs pointing towards the passenger side, mounting tabs lined up with the studs.
                    2. I will give that a shot!
                    1. I think the disconnect / connect cycle helps negotiate a better modulation scheme. What you're describing sounds dead on signal issues that I've run into. Can you face the LEDs towards the cabin, please?

2. Let me know what you find!

Is it really that bad?

Pulling the roof lining down is literally the last thing I’d like to do…

Thanks for your very quick feedback btw! I’ll keep that in mind. I was thinking about ordering a second Bluebeard for my parents’ E39 (they’ve seen it in mine and really liked the idea), so I might just order the harness when I get that. Otherwise shipping costs to Europe will be prohibitive just for the wiring.
                    It's usable, especially if you're not living on conference calls while driving, but the best microphone is the -338 mic which is headliner-mounted. Shoot me an email when you're ready to move forward with whatever you need

Originally posted by Orphee View Post

Hi!

Has you some time to consider what we discussed by mail to raise phone volume higher than currently?
                    Have you an opinion about traffic info TP with digital output ?
                    Thanks
                    SO, I'm waiting for a log file of a traffic announcement so I can look into this. We don't have this system here in North America, which makes it tough to develop around.

I can in theory just drop out of digital audio mode temporarily, while the TA is occuring.

-Ted

Comment

Working...
                    X