BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ted,
    I have a 02 e46 m3 and I don't believe I have the 54 pin connector for the TCU like in the wiki. I have two connectors a blue one and a black one. The blue one looks identical to the one in the e39 video that they plug your adapter cable into. So, i guess im confused or do you have instructions for how to de-pin this blue one or are these the wrong ones all together. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3236.JPG
Views:	1188
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	3522

Comment

Originally posted by AdamM3 View Post
      Ted,
      I have a 02 e46 m3 and I don't believe I have the 54 pin connector for the TCU like in the wiki. I have two connectors a blue one and a black one. The blue one looks identical to the one in the e39 video that they plug your adapter cable into. So, i guess im confused or do you have instructions for how to de-pin this blue one or are these the wrong ones all together. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3236.JPG
Views:	1188
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	3522
      Adam,

The Blue connector pictured is the SES connector. Here are the pin arrangement from it to the BlueBus:
      Code:
      Pin 1 is the top row, lowest pin (closets to the 6 Pin Audio)
      Pin 4 is the bottom row, lowest pin (closets to the 6 Pin Audio) right under pin 1
      BlueBus 1 - Mute - SES 22
      BlueBus 2 - Mic Neg - SES 8
      BlueBus 3 - Spkr Neg - SES 12
      BlueBus 4 - Tel ON - SES 18
      BlueBus 5 - Mic Pos - SES 9
      BlueBus 6 - Spkr Pos - SES 13
      P.S. does the 6 pin connector going into the BlueBus have 3 or 5 wires in your car?

Thanks!
      -Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

Everyone else who has contacted me with a 'vert has had the SES connector

If anyone has a link to the pin out for the 26 pin TCU connector (Black), I would be most appreciative.
        My TCU had a 54-pin connector?

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post

My TCU had a 54-pin connector?
          They all did after 03/2002

Before that, there was the black 26 pin connector pictured in AdamM3's post

Comment

Ted,
            It has 3 wires

Comment

Originally posted by AdamM3 View Post
              Ted,
              It has 3 wires
              Thanks!

Comment

They all did after 03/2002

Before that, there was the black 26 pin connector pictured in AdamM3's post
                Didn't realize there was something in between the DB25 and the 54-pin connectors.

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post

Didn't realize there was something in between the DB25 and the 54-pin connectors.
                  Me either! It hit me by surprise when I started shipping units. Thankfully, the 26 pin TCU connector is almost always accompanied by the SES connector, for which I have an adapter.

Comment

What's the lead time look like from the bottom of the list? Not in any rush but just curious.
                    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

I can’t wait to receive mine and install it. Thanks Ted for doing this

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
                        What's the lead time look like from the bottom of the list? Not in any rush but just curious.
                        It depends -- I ended up sorting by who had been waiting longest and paid quickest, so order number isn't always relevant. PM me or post your Email address and I can give you a good idea.

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
                        I can’t wait to receive mine and install it. Thanks Ted for doing this
                        Hope it makes it to Bahrain soon!

Comment

It depends -- I ended up sorting by who had been waiting longest and paid quickest, so order number isn't always relevant. PM me or post your Email address and I can give you a good idea.
                          I put my name and email in literally yesterday so I'm guessing I'm last in line. No problem waiting for others to get theirs first, just curious about lead times.
                          '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Can't wait to get mine 😁😁
                            2005 E46 ///M3 zcp
                            2001 E39 530i wagon

2002 E46 330i sedan (sold) - 1995 E36 328i coupe (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

I put my name and email in literally yesterday so I'm guessing I'm last in line. No problem waiting for others to get theirs first, just curious about lead times.
                              Ah, yes, there are 900+ people ahead of you in that case :x

Originally posted by MrTRex View Post
                              Can't wait to get mine 😁😁
                              Can't wait to start shipping international orders! I'm just waiting on the proper cases right now

Comment

Ah, yes, there are 900+ people ahead of you in that case :x

(
                                Damn, 900! How long do you expect that orders placed now would take? Ballpark, but is that 3 months, 6 months, 1 year? I'm in once life goes back to normal πŸ˜€

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
                                2003 BMW M3 Β· Coupe Β· 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Working...
                                X