BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post
    This is expected. Unlocking the trunk is a completely different diagnostic command. I'll think about this and if it makes sense to have the trunk unlock as well.
    The trunk on a sedan, etc. may be one thing; the rear window and door unlock on a Touring when the other doors unlock would be much appreciated!

2004 325xi Touring

Comment

Originally posted by tabora View Post
      The trunk on a sedan, etc. may be one thing; the rear window and door unlock on a Touring when the other doors unlock would be much appreciated!
      I'll second that!

Although I must admit I've never seen the point of the automatic locking upon drive-away feature. I had it activated for a while and it got on my nerves more than anything else. If I drive through a dodgy area I just press the button manually, otherwise I'll save my mechanisms an unnecessary lock/unlock cycle.
      2003 Stahlblau E46 320d Touring – 6MT
      2001 Topasblau E39 530i – 5MT

Comment

BlueBus installed and working! What a product... Sound quality is second to none, OE integration is flawless and features like one touch blinkers are simply cool.

Also hats off to Ted for answering my emails within an hour today when I panicked because the BB wasn't working the first time I plugged it in. I had two issues, he gave me two solutions, I now have two solved problems and a fully working device. Obviously I was the issue, not the BlueBus 😅

Comment

Originally posted by tabora View Post
          Does the rear hatch window unlock with the hatch, or is there a different button for it?

Originally posted by Der_Spanier View Post
          BlueBus installed and working! What a product... Sound quality is second to none, OE integration is flawless and features like one touch blinkers are simply cool.

Also hats off to Ted for answering my emails within an hour today when I panicked because the BB wasn't working the first time I plugged it in. I had two issues, he gave me two solutions, I now have two solved problems and a fully working device. Obviously I was the issue, not the BlueBus 😅

Glad you got it installed and are enjoying it

Thanks!
          -Ted

Comment

Does the rear hatch window unlock with the hatch, or is there a different button for it?
            Different buttons on the car: hatch is unlocked as always with the button on top of the license plate, while the button for the window is located on the rear wiper arm.

If it helps, you can set the key to unlock either the hatch or the window using NCS.

Comment

Different buttons on the car: hatch is unlocked as always with the button on top of the license plate, while the button for the window is located on the rear wiper arm.

If it helps, you can set the key to unlock either the hatch or the window using NCS.
              I will have to look through the EDIBAS commands to see what might unlock those.

Does the touring not have a hatch release next to the hood release? I was watching M539 on YouTube and it seemed like the button did not exist on his E46 Touring 😮

-Ted

Comment

Hello, may i request a reboot option ? Sometime my phone can't connect to it

Comment

I will have to look through the EDIBAS commands to see what might unlock those.

Does the touring not have a hatch release next to the hood release? I was watching M539 on YouTube and it seemed like the button did not exist on his E46 Touring 😮

-Ted
                  The hatch release button on the driver's footwell was not standard, at least not in Europe. Perhaps it was an option or it was reserved to top of the range variants, idk, mine certainly does not have it. Would be interesting to know if tabora 's 325 comes with it.

Comment

t3ddftw I had your Bluebus unit installed by EAG in a 2006 M3 Convertible that I just bought. I had originally intended to put it in my 2006 Z4M, but decided to do the trade for the M3. I wanted to give you a shout out as the Bluebus transforms the abilities of the stock business radio. What a great product. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Orphee View Post
                      Hello, may i request a reboot option ? Sometime my phone can't connect to it
                      This is something I'm going to address in 1.1.17, but it's going to handle it on its own. Essentially, there are fast transients on the 3.3v power rail at boot, and sometimes the (recommended) filter doesn't do a good enough job and the BT module fails to power on. It's quite sensitive about this.

Anyways, I'm just going to power the module off like the car was going to sleep to force a reboot. I'll add a counter in EEPROM so I don't potentially create a reboot cycle, too.

The hatch release button on the driver's footwell was not standard, at least not in Europe. Perhaps it was an option or it was reserved to top of the range variants, idk, mine certainly does not have it. Would be interesting to know if tabora 's 325 comes with it.
                      Interesting!

Originally posted by Dbaliko View Post
                      t3ddftw I had your Bluebus unit installed by EAG in a 2006 M3 Convertible that I just bought. I had originally intended to put it in my 2006 Z4M, but decided to do the trade for the M3. I wanted to give you a shout out as the Bluebus transforms the abilities of the stock business radio. What a great product. Thank you.
                      Awesome, I'm glad you're enjoying it! A well kept secret is that I sell units in batch to EAG for their customers cars. They're located about 20 minutes from my house . So, if you bought your car from them, they might be able to sell you one on the spot, rather than you having to wait.

Thanks!
                      -Ted

Comment

I've got a question regarding the telephone mode. I've got an E46 with a late-model Alpine CD53 radio. My car does not have telephone-prewiring. BB is running version 1.1.16.

I therefore ran 6 wires to retrofit telephone mode.
                        • Mic +ve & -ve from microphone to pins 5 and 2 respectively on the BB
                        • Tel. Audio +ve & -ve from pins 8 and 3 respectively on X13321 to pins 6 and 3 respectively on the BB
                        • Tel. ON from pin 10 on X18126 to pin 4 on BB
                        • Tel. MUTE from pin 4 on X18126 to pin 1 on BB
                        Now, when I am in Bluetooth mode, I can speak on the phone through the car: car microphone works and sound comes from car speakers. I cannot, however, answer calls or hang up through the MFL nor through Button 3 on CD53, I have to answer on my phone. Screen does not show "PHONE" or caller ID.

Out of Bluetooth mode, I cannot receive calls on the car. Even if I answer through my phone, the radio keeps playing.

What am I missing?

Comment

I've got a question regarding the telephone mode. I've got an E46 with a late-model Alpine CD53 radio. My car does not have telephone-prewiring. BB is running version 1.1.16.

I therefore ran 6 wires to retrofit telephone mode.
                          • Mic +ve & -ve from microphone to pins 5 and 2 respectively on the BB
                          • Tel. Audio +ve & -ve from pins 8 and 3 respectively on X13321 to pins 6 and 3 respectively on the BB
                          • Tel. ON from pin 10 on X18126 to pin 4 on BB
                          • Tel. MUTE from pin 4 on X18126 to pin 1 on BB
                          Now, when I am in Bluetooth mode, I can speak on the phone through the car: car microphone works and sound comes from car speakers. I cannot, however, answer calls or hang up through the MFL nor through Button 3 on CD53, I have to answer on my phone. Screen does not show "PHONE" or caller ID.

Out of Bluetooth mode, I cannot receive calls on the car. Even if I answer through my phone, the radio keeps playing.

What am I missing?
                          The fact that the MFL controls aren't working leads me to think the BlueBus is having trouble "knowing" that a call is in progress.

Can you follow this guide: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...g-the-Terminal

Make sure the car is in ignition position 1 before starting. Put the radio on FM and run the command: "set tel on" on the BlueBus to see if it cuts your radio out.

Thanks!
                          -Ted

Comment

The fact that the MFL controls aren't working leads me to think the BlueBus is having trouble "knowing" that a call is in progress.

Can you follow this guide: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...g-the-Terminal

Make sure the car is in ignition position 1 before starting. Put the radio on FM and run the command: "set tel on" on the BlueBus to see if it cuts your radio out.

Thanks!
                            -Ted
                            I just did that and it did indeed cut my radio out and display "PHONE" on the LCD. I guess that means that my wiring is correct.

If it helps, I have the same issue with my two phones, an iPhone 6 running iOS 12.4.8 and an iPhone SE running iOS 14.2. Also, I can launch Siri from the MFL without issues.

Comment

Awesome, I'm glad you're enjoying it! A well kept secret is that I sell units in batch to EAG for their customers cars. They're located about 20 minutes from my house . So, if you bought your car from them, they might be able to sell you one on the spot, rather than you having to wait.

Thanks!
                              -Ted
                              I didn’t know that, but it’s good to know. I purchased my unit from you several months ago and was just about to install it before I decided to do the trade. I sent my unit to Trevor, and he handled the installation. Thanks again.

Doug

Comment

I just did that and it did indeed cut my radio out and display "PHONE" on the LCD. I guess that means that my wiring is correct.

If it helps, I have the same issue with my two phones, an iPhone 6 running iOS 12.4.8 and an iPhone SE running iOS 14.2. Also, I can launch Siri from the MFL without issues.
                                Does Siri work in FM mode?

Could I get a log from you?

A Bluetooth module for vehicles equipped with I-Bus - tedsalmon/BlueBus

Send the log file to my support box, please!

-Ted

Comment

Working...
                                X