No announcement yet.

Does your 46M have the factory alarm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know my car has the alarm because whenever I lock the doors with the windows down in a parking lot I come back out to the siren wailing and lights flashing.
    2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Originally posted by Circa Surviven View Post

Is it just a single module (part number: 65756950525) or are there multiple components to get it working properly?
      It has been 17 years (!) since I did the install....

but off the top of my head, there was at least also the siren (engine bay), tilt sensor (trunk), and ultrasonic/motion sensor (headliner).

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

It has been 17 years (!) since I did the install....

but off the top of my head, there was at least also the siren (engine bay), tilt sensor (trunk), and ultrasonic/motion sensor (headliner).
        I edited my last post. No worries.
        Garage:
        2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.
        1998 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel: Pizza bag warmer.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Dawg View Post
          I know my car has the alarm because whenever I lock the doors with the windows down in a parking lot I come back out to the siren wailing and lights flashing.
          If I’m not mistaken, you can hit the lock button twice and it will disable the motion sensor inside the vehicle.

Also - I think* it also would disarm the function of the vehicle lifting (jacking/being towed).

Comment

Originally posted by loudspeaker69 View Post

If I’m not mistaken, you can hit the lock button twice and it will disable the motion sensor inside the vehicle.

Also - I think* it also would disarm the function of the vehicle lifting (jacking/being towed).
            First click arms everything, second click disables the motion sensor, 3rd click disables the tilt sensor

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Good to know!
              2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

First click arms everything, second click disables the motion sensor, 3rd click disables the tilt sensor
                Thank you!
                I had the owners manual 2 feet from me, but I was going off memory!

Comment

Originally posted by Circa Surviven View Post

Does it make an audible noise when locking and unlocking? I always thought that it was just something that wasn't introduced in the E46 so I got used to just listening to the locks click when walking away.
                  It does, the second I installed it, it made the beep for unlocking and locking it. Didn't even program it.
                  2003.5 E46 M3 Silver Grey/Cinnamon

MCS - Vorshlag Plates - SSv1- SS Dual 2.5" Sec.2 - SS (Hamann) Street Sec.3 - 3.91 Gears - BBS E88s - 996 Brembo - PSMax - SDW Monoball - VinceBar - DMG - Haimus CSL - Karbonius - HTE Tuning - AEM 50-1200

http://www.instagram.com/sid_e46/
                  Journal: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...grey-speed-run

Comment

yes - '02 M

Comment

5/05 Prod. I have the alarm and man, that thing is annoying.. Windows open, and you put your hand in the car, it goes off. lol
                      Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

08/2004 factory fitted - they're not always dealer fit. Mine's Australian delivered though where M3s tended to come fairly well specced e.g. Navigation was always included. I don't think over ever seen a non nav one here.

Mine beeps mostly when lock/unlocking but sometimes it doesn't that I've never figured out. Maybe happens when relocking shortly after locking or vice versa. The locks make a fairly loud noise so I listen for that more than the beeps.
                        Last edited by Shonky; 08-27-2021, 01:30 PM.

Comment

2001 M3 convertible. Came with the factory alarm. The beep stopped working after a while but I had it coded back on.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
                            08/2004 factory fitted - they're not always dealer fit. Mine's Australian delivered though where M3s tended to come fairly well specced e.g. Navigation was always included. I don't think over ever seen a non nav one here.

Mine beeps mostly when lock/unlocking but sometimes it doesn't that I've never figured out. Maybe happens when relocking shortly after locking or vice versa. The locks make a fairly loud noise so I listen for that more than the beeps.
                            None of them were installed at the factory. Maybe Australia has some installed at the port, or similar, but not the factory.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                            2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

None of them were installed at the factory. Maybe Australia has some installed at the port, or similar, but not the factory.
                              What is factory option 302 then? They do not install locally.

Last edited by Shonky; 08-28-2021, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
                                What is factory option 302 then?
                                I didn’t say you couldn’t order it when specing the car— I said it wasn’t installed at the factory.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                                2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Working...
                                X