Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VinceBar and Skinz - while I am there...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VinceBar and Skinz - while I am there...

I have received my epoxy/rivet VinceBar and my VinceSkinz and am in the process of planning the thrash. I am going to rebuild the rear suspension while it is out along with solid sub-frame bushings and new OEM diff mount bushings. Any reason I should not go with CMP bushings? I like the fact that they compensate for ride height change made by the Skinz. How about RTABS? I am thinking CMP, SDW (they are local!) or Dinan, although the price of the Dinans seem hard to justify.

Any other suggestions for things to look at or replace while I have it all apart?

D-O
    Old, not obsolete.

If you're doing CMP subframe bushings and are at stock ride height, you'll definitely need camber arms. The bushings bring the subframe up more than the plates push it down.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I've got the same parts ready to install when I get around to it... Vincebar/skinz, CMP subframe bushings and RTABs. Considered the SDW, but just went with CMP since I was already ordering subframe bushings from him. Here's a thread about RTABs with links to other threads about RTABs: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...cro-design-tms

Some other parts to consider at the same time...
      • Diff bushings (which you mentioned)
      • Diff seals
      • Guibo
      • Driveshaft carrier bearing
      • Control arm bushings
      • Trailing arm ball joints
      • sway bar bushings/endlinks
      • Camber arms
      • Exhaust gaskets
      • Wheel bearings
      • Axle nuts
      2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
        If you're doing CMP subframe bushings and are at stock ride height, you'll definitely need camber arms. The bushings bring the subframe up more than the plates push it down.
        Thanks for this. I am stock height and ordered the CMP solid bushings. Thinking about just getting Dinan springs now.

Comment

Originally posted by LVMESM46 View Post

Thanks for this. I am stock height and ordered the CMP solid bushings. Thinking about just getting Dinan springs now.
          I have the Eibach pro kit springs, stock camber arms and CMP subframe bushings and my rear camber maxed out at -1.3°. The drop with Dinan springs is less, so you'll max out at less camber with those.

Rear camber maxed out at -0.5° with stock springs, stock camber arms and CMP bushings lol.
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by D-O View Post
            I have received my epoxy/rivet VinceBar and my VinceSkinz and am in the process of planning the thrash. I am going to rebuild the rear suspension while it is out along with solid sub-frame bushings and new OEM diff mount bushings. Any reason I should not go with CMP bushings? I like the fact that they compensate for ride height change made by the Skinz. How about RTABS? I am thinking CMP, SDW (they are local!) or Dinan, although the price of the Dinans seem hard to justify.

Any other suggestions for things to look at or replace while I have it all apart?

D-O
            Don’t have the vincebar, but I went with the AKG subframe kit, SDW monoball RTABs, akg solid subframe bushings, oem diff bushings, and akg 75a poly fcabs. Car rides beautifully with no added NVH. Car is sitting on KW V2s, but soon to be ohlins R&T.

SDW is worth the $$. Also on FCP. With lifetime warranty!

Comment

Originally posted by K-Dawg View Post
              I've got the same parts ready to install when I get around to it... Vincebar/skinz, CMP subframe bushings and RTABs. Considered the SDW, but just went with CMP since I was already ordering subframe bushings from him. Here's a thread about RTABs with links to other threads about RTABs: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...cro-design-tms

Some other parts to consider at the same time...
              • Diff bushings (which you mentioned)
              • Diff seals
              • Guibo
              • Driveshaft carrier bearing
              • Control arm bushings
              • Trailing arm ball joints
              • sway bar bushings/endlinks
              • Camber arms
              • Exhaust gaskets
              • Wheel bearings
              • Axle nuts
              Wheel bearings and all wear items on the RTA's is part of the plan. The others are great suggestions. Thank you sir.

D-O
              Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                Any reason not to go with the CMP camber arms?

D-O
                Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by LSBNick View Post

Don’t have the vincebar, but I went with the AKG subframe kit, SDW monoball RTABs, akg solid subframe bushings, oem diff bushings, and akg 75a poly fcabs. Car rides beautifully with no added NVH. Car is sitting on KW V2s, but soon to be ohlins R&T.

SDW is worth the $$. Also on FCP. With lifetime warranty!
                  Nick, how is the jarring of expansion joints on the road with poly fcabs? I've got some delrins that will be going in but wanted to hear your feedback.
                  2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

D-O
                    They look like a nice product, but I'm wary of running exposed heim joints on a mostly street car. I like the ones that use a sealed monoball, like the bimmerworld and ground control ones.

I kept the stock arms because I thought I would be able to get enough camber with them and liked that they collapse in case of an accident. However, I had to lower my car to get decent camber, so I would absolutely do camber arms if I were doing all of this again. I do plan on doing them eventually, but I'm lazy and don't want to remove all the stuff back there to swap them out. Next time the diff is out, camber arms are going in for sure though.

Comment

D-O
                      It uses a non-sealed joint (although it looks like they offer a boot). The CMP bars (along with bars from Turner, Ground Control, etc) have the adjustment on the outboard ends, which makes them easier to adjust than the bars with the adjustment on both ends.
                      Last edited by K-Dawg; 09-14-2021, 05:30 PM.
                      2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Nick, how is the jarring of expansion joints on the road with poly fcabs? I've got some delrins that will be going in but wanted to hear your feedback.
                        so the 75A is the softest poly fcab AKG has to offer (to my knowledge).

I will say the front is slightly too stiff for my liking, but I’m pretty sure a majority of that comes from the setting on my KWs. Overall I’ve been pleased with the FCABs, will take a look at them once the ohlins are good to go in.

Comment

Originally posted by LSBNick View Post

so the 75A is the softest poly fcab AKG has to offer (to my knowledge).

I will say the front is slightly too stiff for my liking, but I’m pretty sure a majority of that comes from the setting on my KWs. Overall I’ve been pleased with the FCABs, will take a look at them once the ohlins are good to go in.
                          Waiting for your dyno results post header install my dude.
                          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Waiting for your dyno results post header install my dude.
                            You and I both lol. Called the shop today, no answer. Mainly my fault as I didn’t get to call till early evening, but will try again tomorrow morning. If all goes well, I should have a post by tomorrow night!

Comment

Originally posted by K-Dawg View Post

In addition to the non-sealed joint (although it looks like they offer a boot), they are going to be more difficult to adjust than the bars with the adjustment on the outboard ends (Turner, Ground Control, etc).
                              Good tips. Not being able to adjust the camber arms on the outboard ends would be most inconvenient. Thank you!

Jesse
                              Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Working...
                              X