Head unit upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rhoyle View Post
    How do your buttons feel on the Dynavin? I just got mine and they’re inconsistent. And the radio text won’t turn off, the PDC display isn’t working right, etc. all in all I expected more for the money...
    I have had no issues at all.. Honestly just as reliable and well functioning as the one in my 2016 denali.. I would give them a call- they seem good about customer service

Comment

Originally posted by jpiazzam3 View Post
      I have the old school style nav unit 4:3. I’m looking into installing the 9” eonon. On their website there is a certain plug style that this won’t work on. Does anyone have experience upgrading this style headunit
      I upgraded my unit to the Eonon 10. If you have factory nav more than likely you will need "Extension Harness A0582".

My ///M had a no-brand aftermarket stereo similar to Eonon/Dynavin, and prior to that had the Business Stereo unit. So with my purchase I did not get "A0582".
      When I received my unit it was pretty much a plug & play + the wiring of the back up cam.
      Last edited by Dr._Dinan; 04-20-2020, 10:25 PM.
      BMW ///M3
      Dinan | Eonon

BMW S1000rr
      Dieci83 | 4Racing | OneDesign | D.I.D | R&G | TST | PSR | ASV |
      TWM

Comment

Originally posted by STAATS View Post

+1 for a backup camera in the OEM handle position. Currently have one in the light and it makes my licence plate lighting lib sided :/
        All of the backup cams appear to have 4 pins - 2 for video, and 2 for power. This tells me that the integrated reverse light only turns on when the camera has power. Can you confirm this?

If so, then frankly I'm surprised they didn't have light and camera power separate. I'd hook the light power up to the original license plate light wires, then tie the camera power into the reverse lights.

Comment

I recently upgraded to the AVIN PX5904GB32-E469 9" Touchscreen Multimedia Navigation System. I detailed my set up and parts on my build thread (https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...black-cinnamon). Overall I have really enjoyed the unit. I am big into the wireless aspect of the system so being able to utilize carplay was a great plus. It's far from traditional but I love the modern touch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4914.jpg
Views:	1138
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	15111
          2006 M3 SMG Coupe Jet Black - AFE Intake - Borla Exhaust - ST XTA Coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by timmo View Post

All of the backup cams appear to have 4 pins - 2 for video, and 2 for power. This tells me that the integrated reverse light only turns on when the camera has power. Can you confirm this?

If so, then frankly I'm surprised they didn't have light and camera power separate. I'd hook the light power up to the original license plate light wires, then tie the camera power into the reverse lights.
            The Licence Plate light is on all the time if the lights are on

Comment

+1 for a backup camera in the OEM handle position. Currently have one in the light and it makes my licence plate lighting lib sided :/
              What do you mean in the OEM handle position? Looking for a backup cam options for my Eonon head unit and haven't heard of this one

Comment

Originally posted by umichchris View Post
                Apple CarPlay volume is wayyyyyy lower than all other inputs. this means when im driving, ive gotta cut the volume all the way up for it to be a normal level unlike other inputs. so, when i listen to music, i simply use the built-in generic Bluetooth interface rather than CarPlay which negates me spending the extra $100 for wireless CarPlay.

add to that, ive got a nasty ass feedback loop coming from the head-unit. shabby internal grounding. i ran a additional ground wire for the head unit, still the same. im going to save up to buy a new radio and toss this one in the trash tbh (i spent like $800 after options smh).
                Pretty sure it's a bug, it happens to mine too. Make sure all other audio apps (radio, BT Music etc) are closed out except for the CarPlay app. Music should play through normally now. Although I will say, my unit has a bit of feedback/static too (but only when using CarPlay interestingly).

Comment

Originally posted by scubastove View Post

What do you mean in the OEM handle position? Looking for a backup cam options for my Eonon head unit and haven't heard of this one
                  Ebay this:
                  bmw e46 trunk handle reverse camera

Comment

The Licence Plate light is on all the time if the lights are on
                    Ah yes, I just took another look at some ads on eBay. There are separate leads for the camera and light, with the camera having signal + power, and the light being on a separate power. Guess I just didn't look close enough!

Comment

My Avin 4 works perfectly. And looks OEM, win win

Comment

Originally posted by Paul M3 View Post
                        My Avin 4 works perfectly. And looks OEM, win win
                        Same here. 6 months of trouble free and reliable use.

Any people with older units have nuggets of wisdom to keep it that way? Maybe prevent updates or anything along those lines? Don't want to ruin a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by timmo View Post

Ah yes, I just took another look at some ads on eBay. There are separate leads for the camera and light, with the camera having signal + power, and the light being on a separate power. Guess I just didn't look close enough!
                          There are also wireless camera options. I used a wireless transmitter/receiver and had the camera poke through trunk release just off center. It taps off the reverse light power and doesn't negatively impact the license plate light. It also saved me having to run the cabling through the car. Just beware though the trunk release plastic is a wee bit brittle.

Comment

any link to one?

Originally posted by CTI6095 View Post

There are also wireless camera options. I used a wireless transmitter/receiver and had the camera poke through trunk release just off center. It taps off the reverse light power and doesn't negatively impact the license plate light. It also saved me having to run the cabling through the car. Just beware though the trunk release plastic is a wee bit brittle.

Comment

Originally posted by HDdave View Post
                              I have the Dynavin N7 and it is pretty damn sweet. I wish that I could loan in the torqe app or some kind of OBD2 functions. But otherwise it was literally plug and play. All my steering wheel controls work and everything.. Very very simple install and looks stock
                              Same here. But I didn't have Nav before.

6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch55 View Post
                                any link to one?

I used the transmitter and receiver at the link below. Should work with any aftermarket camera and head unit with RCA ports.

I ended up using this camera with my set up.

https://www.amazon.com/NOAUKA-Waterp.../dp/B06XNM7GNS

Comment

Working...
                                X