No announcement yet.

Head unit upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just bought the transmitter, thanks. i am going to buy either a license plate lamp camera or trunk handle camera.

Comment

For Avin 4 users - how are your Bluetooth phone calls? I just got my 04 and folks on the other side of the call say I sounds like a mouse at a baseball game. Looking for an upgrade of my old aftermarket unit.
      ‘04 M3

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch55 View Post
        just bought the transmitter, thanks. i am going to buy either a license plate lamp camera or trunk handle camera.
        Excellent! Hope it works out for you.
        2006 M3 SMG Coupe Jet Black - AFE Intake - Borla Exhaust - ST XTA Coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by Maxhouse97 View Post
          For Avin 4 users - how are your Bluetooth phone calls? I just got my 04 and folks on the other side of the call say I sounds like a mouse at a baseball game. Looking for an upgrade of my old aftermarket unit.

Funny- I never had anyone tell me my bluetooth was an issue UNTIL I received a call from my mechanic who was driving my car and had his phone paired to my AVIN. It was awful. I have the external mic plugged in and may just have it unplugged to test out the internal mic (if they unit even has one).

Comment

following

Comment

Just trying to pick which style i like more. Want as “oem” as possible

Comment

Originally posted by m3urthy View Post

Funny- I never had anyone tell me my bluetooth was an issue UNTIL I received a call from my mechanic who was driving my car and had his phone paired to my AVIN. It was awful. I have the external mic plugged in and may just have it unplugged to test out the internal mic (if they unit even has one).
                It does. It works okay if you're at a standstill, but if there's any road/engine noise it just can't pick up noise well enough.

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post

It does. It works okay if you're at a standstill, but if there's any road/engine noise it just can't pick up noise well enough.
                  I'm contemplating wiring in an active noise cancelling mic or maybe finding a solution that runs in the background in Android.

Comment

Originally posted by m3urthy View Post

Yikes, I'm sorry to hear that.

My unit was purchased in OCT 2019. PX6 with DSP and the black carplay (wireless) dongle. Stock BM53 radio and HK amp. Had to get the Factory Nav extension cable too.

Upon installation I had grounding issues with all the right channels. Basically the volume was super faint. At first I thought it was my Carphonics BM53 (it wasn't) and then I thought maybe I needed to replace the HK amp (it wasn't that too lol). I went pin by pin on all the AVIN cables and found the culprit. It was one ground pin that wasn't seated correctly. Once I corrected that issue, it worked beautifully.

AVIN 4 + BSW + Upgraded 6x9 subwoofers = as good as you can expect for a 17 year old car. Sounds 10x better than my newer 718 Cayman.

I recommend the Avant 4, but just be super careful on installation. Check and double check.
                    Did you upgrade to the 15 band EQ? I'm thinking about trying out the Avin. I'd like to ditch the previous owners aftermarket radio that looks like it's from WalmartClick image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200329_012923_653.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.8 KB ID:	19925
                    Garage:
                    2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.
                    1998 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel: Pizza bag warmer.

Comment

I have Avin 4 and really like it. I don't really use much function other than music off Micro SD card, Google Map and I-BUS. That's already a big upgrade from the OEM business CD and still maintain OEM look for less than $500.

Comment

Originally posted by Circa Surviven View Post

Did you upgrade to the 15 band EQ? I'm thinking about trying out the Avin. I'd like to ditch the previous owners aftermarket radio that looks like it's from WalmartClick image for larger version Name:	IMG_20200329_012923_653.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.8 KB ID:	19925

I did - I really can't compare it to the non EQ version though since i haven't listened to it. Honestly with Apple CarPlay, my car feels just as modern as my new Cayman S. Go for the Avin!

Comment

Originally posted by van_basten View Post
                          I have Avin 4 and really like it. I don't really use much function other than music off Micro SD card, Google Map and I-BUS. That's already a big upgrade from the OEM business CD and still maintain OEM look for less than $500.
                          Does the Avin have a CD/DVD player like the Dynavin?
                          6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
                            Does the Avin have a CD/DVD player like the Dynavin?
                            Not on the newer Avin Avant 3-4. The earlier Avant 2 did, but the newer ones don't.
                            '06 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Imola
                            '99 BMW M3 5MT Coupe - Estoril/Dove
                            '00 Honda Civic Si - Electron Blue Pearl/Black
                            '11 Toyota Tacoma T/X TRD - Magnetic Grey/Grey

Instagram: @6spd_M3 | @midwesteuroparts

Comment

Ebay this:
                              bmw e46 trunk handle reverse camera
                              Will these still work as a trunk handle? ie will it still pop the trunk when I click the handle?

Comment

Originally posted by Titaniu//M View Post

Not on the newer Avin Avant 3-4. The earlier Avant 2 did, but the newer ones don't.
                                You can hook one up via USB if you really want IIRC. And I think the ibus app can control the factory cd changer

Comment

Working...
                                X