Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions on aftermarket catted section 1 or weld on cats ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarcoPolo View Post

Yes I have both sport and race. I'm at a crossroads because for me race is too loud where a sport is too quiet so I keep on switching back and forth to see which is the one that I want.
    I can tell you for sure that the sport is pretty quiet but I also got an airbox so all I hear is the airbox sound.
    Yeah I feel like I am in the same boat, may run my stock muffler until I can find a deal on a sport muffler as well. Thanks for your input.

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoPolo View Post

Yes I have both sport and race. I'm at a crossroads because for me race is too loud where a sport is too quiet so I keep on switching back and forth to see which is the one that I want.
      MarcoPolo where did you end up with your muffler choice? How are the HJS cats holding up?

Comment

Originally posted by OldRanger View Post

MarcoPolo where did you end up with your muffler choice? How are the HJS cats holding up?
        i don't have them anymore, but i can say that up until i had them on, they worked wonderfully. i had a engine failure (crack in the block) which resulted in a new used block and a rebuilt head (why not). while the engine was out, i found a great deal on SS V1 w/Catted Section 1. considering everything was out, it only made sense. time will tell if it was worth it because the euro heads and HJS cats would have been just as fine. unfortunately all this was done in the last 3-4 months during the "offseason" in the northeast so i havent taken my car out yet. at the same time, fresh block. fresh head, it's not exactly apples to apples.

but as i said, up until the day i had them on, they were great. whoever i sold them to (FB Marketplace) put them on and the only feedback was:
        - car had a throatier sound (freer flowing)
        - car did NOT have a smell (which is what we care about)
        - butt dyno was the car accelerated easier but we all know we hear the sound and we think the car just got 50HP more, so take that for what it's worth.

edit: with my new setup, i stuck with the SS Sport. i just sold my SS Race yesterday. the Sport is loud enough IMO given the louder sound from the freer flowing SS V1.
        '06 Carbon Black
        Sabelt, Brey Krause, MCS 2-way, SuperSprint, Karbonius, Epic, Volk

Comment

Working...
        X