No announcement yet.

CPV oring keeps tearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again I have a few of these Viton O-rings left from my order so if anyone needs a free one just message me

Comment

Originally posted by LVMESM46 View Post
      Again I have a few of these Viton O-rings left from my order so if anyone needs a free one just message me
      Thanks for that offer, I definitely appreciate it. I just ended up ordering a few and getting the expedited shipping for them. Really appreciate it though!

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
        If you followed this thread then you'd know he got banned for being dick.
        I did follow this thread. Where exactly was he "being a dick" enough to be Banned? 🤔

Originally posted by mpower22 View Post
        Thanks George Hill, unfortunately my post is hidden in a section away from the main classifieds so most people on here don't even see or find it, but the link is always in my signature.

I'm the one who developed this fix over 10 years ago. Not sure why all the trial and error in this thread.

My link is posted all over this forum with numerous members vouching for me even in this thread. Do your due diligence.

TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
        Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
        Evolve Eventuri
        - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Originally posted by WOLFN8TR View Post

I did follow this thread. Where exactly was he "being a dick" enough to be Banned? 🤔

[mod edit] Haven't seen the likes of which on nam3f since launch. This is a better place than M3F and its good that some thought for the future and quality of membership is being exercised.
          Last edited by IamFODI; 10-26-2021, 02:31 AM.
          '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

I think you may have missed some of the other things he posted in here, I think one of the admins deleted his other comments, because they’re no longer available.

Comment

Basically called OP an idiot and a crybaby along with a slew of other words just because he was asking a few questions which in no way were insulting the guy that got banned

Comment

Don't want to go into a lot of detail. In short, there were multiple posts (now deleted) that flagrantly crossed the line despite a warning, plus an aggravating factor or two.

The ban is temporary. Everyone gets a second chance (other than obvious spammers).
                2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
                Slicktop, no iDrive | Ă–hlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
                Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

I bought these O-rings (in the 14.5 x 1.5 size) a bit over 8 years ago. Doesn't seem like Amazon stocks that size anymore, but I'm sure you could get them elsewhere. Been working great. I probably still have the other 24 somewhere in my garage.

Same here. I use to sell a few kits a week, now it's a few kits a month. Nobody looks in the "Member Services" section.
                  You know, you guys could have given us that exact feedback. Initially on this forum all of the classifieds were completely separate from the vehicle sections. When each individual section got their own classifieds, we probably should have done the same for the services section. But that got overlooked, and since this forum is so E46 heavy, people missed that area. For now I moved that section under the E46 classifieds. Can probably just make new sections for the other forums.

Comment

Apparently I missed all of the deleted drama. Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by terra View Post
                    You know, you guys could have given us that exact feedback. Initially on this forum all of the classifieds were completely separate from the vehicle sections. When each individual section got their own classifieds, we probably should have done the same for the services section. But that got overlooked, and since this forum is so E46 heavy, people missed that area. For now I moved that section under the E46 classifieds. Can probably just make new sections for the other forums.
                    I actually did reach out to a Moderator via a PM about this with No response. Moving that section under the classifieds a good idea. Thanks…👍
                    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
                    Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
                    Evolve Eventuri
                    - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Welp, the new O-rings worked. Ordered 4 from Morehead speed works and it screwed in much easier than the previous orings. Let this be a lesson to any future readers, dont buy ECS brand orings.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukem3 View Post
                        From a couple searches looks like the size is 17.5 O.D., 14.5 I.D. And 1.5 cross section. 16x 2 is too large and will not seat right. 1.5 x 14.5 is what you want

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

The indy I talked with said it is 2x14.5... 2mm dia. thick, 14.5mm ID, but please don't quote me. but I think he has a point tho.

Someone from bimmerfest actually took measurement of the CPV, the groove width is 2mm.... so I wasn't sure why 1.5mm was suggested...? 1.5mm in a 2mm groove is quite sloopy isn't it?

Source:
                        Last edited by y2k_o__o; 03-01-2022, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X