No announcement yet.

DIY: OEM CSL MAP/IAT/FLAP Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, just simply leave the MAF connection unused, I've got the same Turner Harness. Had I known they had one w/o the MAF I would have bought that, less engine bay cluter.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

Did anyone confirm the part number for the IAT connector 2 pole wiring leads? Had my friend order part number #12520143433 and it looks like the bushings at the end of the lead are pretty thick. I imagine they compress a lot but waiting to hear back if this works.
      2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
      2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Man this is a lot of work for miniscule gain but props to you guys.
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
          You'll be fine man, IAT is done already, just three more wires for your MAP, unless the flapper doodle is in the works for you.

Pin 1 on MAP connector
          Goes to X6003 Pin 7 = Power
          This spot will be occupied by a red/green wire, tap into or better yet, solder into wire. Not sure where this wire goes to.

​​​Pin 2 on MAP connector
          Goes to x6003 Pin 17 = Ground
          Pin 16 which is unoccupied worked for me, you could de-pin 17 so long as you are not using it for something which it doesn't sound like you are. Pin 17 provides ground to the MAF.
          I used the Turner IAT relocation harness for my IAT wiring (cough, plug in) job so I kept pin 17 as is and used 16 for MAP ground.

Pin 3 on MAP connector
          Goes to x6003 Pin 18 = Signal
          This spot will will be unoccupied on the connector block

Just make sure you have your battery disconnected when messing with any of this, especially the DME.

Also, DON'T do a continuity check on the DME like I did with my multimeter!
          I disconnected the battery, pressed the brake pedal in an effort to eliminate any potential remaining charge, wore gloves then I proceeded to introduce anywhere from 3-9volts straight into the DME with my Fluke via the continuity test. Just simply wasn't thinking. Quite glad it didn't smoke my newly bought DME.
          If I understand this correctly, I don't have to undo any of the pins if I wanted to revert back to a MSS54 DME for smog/state emissions purposes?

If I didn't, does anyone have a photo of a stock X60003 gray connector I can use as reference? lol
          I probably should have taken a photo of it before I started messing with the pins.
          Last edited by zzyzx85; 08-07-2021, 08:14 PM.
          "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
          ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Can anyone here confirm the part numbers for the following:
            1) 2 pole connector contacts (with or without flying leads)
            2) 3 pole connector contacts
            3) connector contacts needed to terminate at the DME

Contacts without flying leads are preferred for the most OEM like setup, but I’ll take what I can get. Thanks
            ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Bry5on View Post

Contacts without flying leads are preferred for the most OEM like setup, but I’ll take what I can get. Thanks
              Bumping this as I’m wondering the exact same thing 🤣

Comment

For anyone that removed the MAF connector and wiring, please PM me if you happen to still have it. I'm trying to repair the wiring harness on a friend's M3.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
                  For anyone that removed the MAF connector and wiring, please PM me if you happen to still have it. I'm trying to repair the wiring harness on a friend's M3.
                  I haven't been able to find a BMW part number for this connector, but I'm pretty sure this Mercedes one is the same, except for the logo: 2205454628. Just in case you don't find a used M3 one easily.

Edit: Actually, found the connector direct from the manufacturer. KOSTAL 9441582. Here it is on mouser: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...t26MQSIg%3D%3D
                  2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

For anyone else who is looking for the protection cap that goes on the CSL IAT sensor, I found the part number from a spare I ordered a while ago -

Click image for larger version  Name:	12527506431BMW__23145.1604077282.png?c=2.png Views:	0 Size:	475.5 KB ID:	242384

Comment

So I have a question, on the threads that they talk about IAT relocation for non CSL setups, they indicate on the MAF connector pins one and three are the IAT wiring Not polarity specific.

Pin 1 goes to x60003 pin 22 (signal intake air temp)
                      pin 3 goes to x60003 pin 17 (ground air mass sensor)

​​​

So what's wrong with just wiring your CSL IAT to pin one and three on the MAF connector?

This is what I did so hopefully it's okay and works

Why are all of the IAT wiring guides that I find saying to route the IAT wires to x60003 pin 22 (signal intake air temp) and pin 25(common ground for Ground Coolant temperature, Shield, knock sensor) directly

Since the original IAT for the MAF connector went to pin 17 on x60003, I opted to use pin 16 for the ground for my map sensor so that I don't get any weird interference with the map sensor ground in the iat ground being combined. I wanted map to have it's own dedicated ground

Comment

Originally posted by Bry5on View Post

Bumping because I have the same exact questions.

For the OEM CSL IAT I currently have this sitting in my cart,

12521427615 - 2 Pole Connector
                        12520143433 - Contact w/ flying leads thegenius46m Was your friend ever able to confirm these are the leads that plug into the 2 Pole connector?

Just need to confirm these will actually get the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
                          So I have a question, on the threads that they talk about IAT relocation for non CSL setups, they indicate on the MAF connector pins one and three are the IAT wiring Not polarity specific.

Pin 1 goes to x60003 pin 22 (signal intake air temp)
                          pin 3 goes to x60003 pin 17 (ground air mass sensor)

​​​

So what's wrong with just wiring your CSL IAT to pin one and three on the MAF connector?

This is what I did so hopefully it's okay and works

Why are all of the IAT wiring guides that I find saying to route the IAT wires to x60003 pin 22 (signal intake air temp) and pin 25(common ground for Ground Coolant temperature, Shield, knock sensor) directly

Since the original IAT for the MAF connector went to pin 17 on x60003, I opted to use pin 16 for the ground for my map sensor so that I don't get any weird interference with the map sensor ground in the iat ground being combined. I wanted map to have it's own dedicated ground
                          +1 I did as well. Both MAP and IAT are wired through the MAF connector. I never understood why it wasn't the popular choice, or maybe it does present an issue that I'm not aware of yet
                          2006 M3 ZCP

Comment

Working...
                          X