Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Creativity. Love it.

Hey and my comment on timing wasn't directed at you. Pulling together a group buy of this magnitude (you said it, logistics) is a tough one. My thought is that kind of group buy would take time to assemble...
    I would think so too - the issue with these small European carbon shops is their manufacturing capacity on large body panels. Per experience it's 1x a week as they only have 1 mold, so not too GB friendly.

Let's see! No worries, didn't see any shot directed at me ahah : )

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Euro bumper > csl tho
      Ha! Good point. I go back and forth aesthetically. Functionality wise, the CSL bumper certainly has some drawbacks... which is why I opted for Euro ultimately. That and up until yesterday, I didn't think there were quality replicas out there!

Alsatek stuff looks rad. How about that for an adjective
      Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Does anyone know whether Alsatek's CSL bumper is designed with the kevlar reinforcement in mind, or will it require the additional parts such as the aluminum bar, bumper pieces, washer tank, etc?

MileEnd's bumper design worked for those with the kevlar piece very well.

I received a response from Alsatek and their pricing for the bumper is 1450 euro for one, plus shipping. Hopefully group buy pricing can bring this down for us who are interested.

Widebody front fenders are 940 euro for a pair.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

It’d be hard to say no to a GB on that. Spacerless 9.5 ET22 fitment all around ..
          This, 💯

Comment

How fragile are the carbon fenders? Definitely interested in weight savings but if a single touch from the tire will crack them then there is no point.

Comment

Originally posted by toy4to View Post
              Does anyone know whether Alsatek's CSL bumper is designed with the kevlar reinforcement in mind, or will it require the additional parts such as the aluminum bar, bumper pieces, washer tank, etc?

I received a response from Alsatek and their pricing for the bumper is 1450 euro for one, plus shipping. Hopefully group buy pricing can bring this down for us who are interested.

GB would definitely be less. I have wholesale pricing. I asked regarding fitment and a bunch of other questions.

Comment

Originally posted by pawa_k2001 View Post
                How fragile are the carbon fenders? Definitely interested in weight savings but if a single touch from the tire will crack them then there is no point.
                E92 M3 OEM fenders are FRP and are pretty sturdy. I did have a corner break off due to an ice block hit at 100mph on my previous 09' M3 but it was an easy paint & body fix.
                Last edited by Epoustouflant; 01-11-2022, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

E92 M3 OEM fenders are FRP and are pretty sturdy. I did have a corner break off due to an ice block hit at 100mph on my previous 09' M3 but it was an easy paint & body fix.
                  I had a E92 M3, those stock fenders are definitely sturdy, if its similar strength/resistance to cracking and has a significant weight savings, I am interested. The weight savings is more important than the 10mm added width.(for me)

Comment

Originally posted by toy4to View Post

His response to my exact question:

"attached (PDF) the price list of our carbon parts for BMW E46 M3 CSL. The current price of the aero corners is 430,00 € net per set.

To install the bumper you need the mounts from the pre-facelift!"

Comment

Does anyone know the weight difference between carbon bumper with 2001 rebar mounts compared to regular M3 bumper with stock carbon reinforcement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by freshprince2421 View Post

His response to my exact question:

"attached (PDF) the price list of our carbon parts for BMW E46 M3 CSL. The current price of the aero corners is 430,00 € net per set.

To install the bumper you need the mounts from the pre-facelift!"
                        That's right. It comes gel coated and works with pre-facelift bumper carriers.

Discussions are moving forward. I'm hoping we'll work something out shortly.

By all accounts, this looks extremely high quality. I won't name names, but I know exactly which German companies are private labeling this and marking it up 100%.

It won't be cheap, but we'll hopefully have something reasonable if we're enough to justify to LTL sea freight.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Epoustouflant; 11-19-2023, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Would the manufacturer know the weight of complete bumper and mounting struts?(those for pre-carbon rebar)

OEM stock bumper with carbon rebar and fog lights weighs 18.6lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I asked ECS Tuning to start selling these fenders and they now offer them if anyone is interested, it makes shipping a lot cheaper. My buddy and I needed a solution for our new to us M3s that will be our track cars since we're running 18x10 +25 rims. Also if anyone hasn't seen the new Apex forged rims you should take a look at them! I just received a set of their new 5 spoke forged rims and they're awesome in person.
                            ​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post
                              I asked ECS Tuning to start selling these fenders and they now offer them if anyone is interested, it makes shipping a lot cheaper. My buddy and I needed a solution for our new to us M3s that will be our track cars since we're running 18x10 +25 rims. Also if anyone hasn't seen the new Apex forged rims you should take a look at them! I just received a set of their new 5 spoke forged rims and they're awesome in person.
                              ​​​
                              Are you saying that these fenders ecs offers:

Is exactly the same thing from them same company we are talking about in this thread If I’m understanding correctly ? Because if it is Ecs does not mention anything in the description that in fact these fenders are wider than oe and they are branding them under their ECS brand which would be suspicious 🤔imo. But if in fact that’s true than price is very appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Radekxpl View Post

Are you saying that these fenders ecs offers:

Is exactly the same thing from them same company we are talking about in this thread If I’m understanding correctly ? Because if it is Ecs does not mention anything in the description that in fact these fenders are wider than oe and they are branding them under their ECS brand which would be suspicious 🤔imo. But if in fact that’s true than price is very appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                No, these are the karbonius. If you search karbonius you will find them here https://www.ecstuning.com/b-karboniu...m3/e46lvf~krc/.

Not sure why you think the ecs branded ones are the ones we're talking about here.
                                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
                                X