Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radekxpl View Post

Are you saying that these fenders ecs offers:

Is exactly the same thing from them same company we are talking about in this thread If I’m understanding correctly ? Because if it is Ecs does not mention anything in the description that in fact these fenders are wider than oe and they are branding them under their ECS brand which would be suspicious 🤔imo. But if in fact that’s true than price is very appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The Karbonius CF Front Fenders on ECS Tuning for a cool $2,154.15

Formally SWRTstang_M3 on M3forum.net with a join date of 07/2004

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

No, these are the karbonius. If you search karbonius you will find them here https://www.ecstuning.com/b-karboniu...m3/e46lvf~krc/.

Not sure why you think the ecs branded ones are the ones we're talking about here.
      Sorry I should have been more specific I was referring to the ones from alsatek the non vented ones I think I just got confused sorry for confusion, now I realized he was actually referring to karbonius ones 🤦

Last edited by Radekxpl; 01-23-2022, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radekxpl View Post

Sorry I should have been more specific I was referring to the ones from alstek the non vented ones I think I just got confused sorry for confusion

No stress man, I don't know who's making the ones you linked for them. I would reach out to their shitty customer service and once you hear back from them in 4 days you might be able to get some more info from them.
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

When I was removing the old, cracked and hardened clear bra off the front of my front bumper, it ended up pulling up paint in the process. There was no way to save it so I decided to use an eraser wheel, needless to say I burned through a portion of the material and have been hunting for a new front bumper. I was leaning toward the OEM Euro front bumper but realistically I'd love to upgrade to a CSL front bumper and Alsatek looks like they have fantastic quality. Hope to see progress regarding their CSL front bumpers.

Comment

Those are the widened OEM styles, they fit with OE liners.

I have a set in production with a CSL bumper. I’ve found a way to import for low logistics fees.

Once I fit them, we’ll get this going.

The waiting list is at 20+ for the fenders here and for the bumpers here

Click image for larger version

Name:	40EBE9CE-5C3A-495F-BD60-13A8CF697EDF.jpeg
Views:	464
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	149976

Name:	0C5CC2B4-A099-4C80-975E-55CE20D85A44.jpeg
Views:	454
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	149980

Name:	4A6EFF36-D69E-4B6D-AEFE-8C222AC1648D.jpeg
Views:	445
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	149979
            Attached Files

Comment

Name:	20220127_144905.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	150694
              Obviously it's different due to body lines but it hit that it's basically an RS influenced fender. I was just walking past one at work and it something seemed super familiar. Then I thought of this thread.
              This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
              https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

From the product page off of the Karbonius website

Based in GT3RS appearance, our fender includes slats in carbon fibre what allows optimal air evacuation and aggressive and integrated aesthetic.

Comment

Lmao.

Btw the alsatek aren't pure carbon but a sandwich iirc.
                  2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                    Lmao.

Btw the alsatek aren't pure carbon but a sandwich iirc.
                    Complete CF construction - I asked to confirm whether they were vacuum infused or pre-preg & autoclaved.

Comment

Well I ordered the Karbonius fenders and trunk back on January 20th and they finally show as inbound to ECS! They sadly won't make the first track day I have with the car but it's all good. I'll post pics when they arrive
                      ​​​

Comment

For a dedicated track car or Clubsport project, getting the front fenders widened and vented only fix half of the problem. The wheels are still exposed and aero isn’t the best with widened wheels. Front bumper also need to be widened so wheels don’t stick out like crazy.

I always like the look/design of Setra E46 M3, seems like a good looking efficient solution. I tried to convinced Mile End composite guy to do fenders and front bumper like this in the past for my race cars builds but too much work invloved vs possible sale volume.
                        Last edited by Gt4; 04-15-2022, 03:40 AM.
                        2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                        2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
                        2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                        2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

The fenders come with new supports that also widen the stock bumper, which is good because stock bumpers like to widen themselves over time anyway. As far as aero on the tire goes how really picky are we going to get here, weren't not in F1. Most of the problem can be solved with properly installed canards too

Comment

Yeah, I prefer the widening of the front bumper strategy for sure.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                            2012 LMB/Black 128i
                            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
                              For a dedicated track car or Clubsport project, getting the front fenders widened and vented only fix half of the problem. The wheels are still exposed and aero isn’t the best with widened wheels. Front bumper also need to be widened so wheels don’t stick out like crazy.

I always like the look/design of Setra E46 M3, seems like a good looking efficient solution. I tried to convinced Mile End composite guy to do fenders and front bumper like this in the past for my race cars builds but too much work invloved vs possible sale volume.
                              That's a pretty tamed kit, do they produce that?

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post

That's a pretty tamed kit, do they produce that?
                                I contacted member Setra on RIP M3forum.net to ask him if I could bought some of fenders and bumper and he wasn’t looking to sell any. He had a guy making him spare parts for his race car only.
                                2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                                2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
                                2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                                2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Working...
                                X