Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
    From the doc:

That is an interesting statement, the author makes no claim as to which light modes mean M-track mode. On a non-M DSC, the short press is partial-off and long press is full off. So following that logic, short press should be M-track and long press be full-off. But on the M3 DSC the triangle light is full off. So maybe to be consistent they made the triangle+brake light M-track mode and we have been wrong this whole time?
    Nope.

Is there a way to test this without driving the piss out of the car and trying to "feel" it?
    Try to hang the ass out pulling onto a road

Comment

Bumping this thread.

Had an issue this weekend with mtrack mode intervening in the rear on the straight at summit point. I had originally coded m track mode to non-ZCP brakes. Before the event installed the Stoptech trophy bbk on all 4 corners and didnt touch the m track coding.

Front is st-60 355mm rotor
      Rear is st-40 355mm rotor

Anyone know what the bias of this kit is?

Maybe I need to code in ZCP brakes into the dsc to get rid of the weirdness on the straight.

Comment

Bumping this thread.

Had an issue this weekend with mtrack mode intervening in the rear on the straight at summit point. I had originally coded m track mode to non-ZCP brakes. Before the event installed the Stoptech trophy bbk on all 4 corners and didnt touch the m track coding.

Maybe I need to code in ZCP brakes into the dsc to get rid of the weirdness on the straight.
        https://thebuildjournal.com/tech-gui...-chart-e46-m3/ <- bias charts are here. unfortunately I can't look at them cuz I'm at work lol.
        "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
        ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Bumping this thread.

Do you know the piston sizes front and rear? Relative force at the pads is easily calculable given that and the MC sizes, and since the discs are the same size, relative brake torque at the wheels is the same ratio as the force

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

Do you know the piston sizes front and rear? Relative force at the pads is easily calculable given that and the MC sizes, and since the discs are the same size, relative brake torque at the wheels is the same ratio as the force
            I couldn’t find the piston sizing data. Though the BJ chart seems to have the data I need. Looks like they are closer to ZCP than non-ZCP.

Comment

[QUOTE=zzyzx85;n163661]

Let us tell you why brake bias is important. Just because you have a bigger caliper, doesn't necessarily mean that you have more stopping power.

Thanks. Could have sworn I looked at that chart before and 355mm wasn’t there.

Must be losing my mind.

Comment

Had an issue this weekend with mtrack mode intervening in the rear on the straight at summit point. I had originally coded m track mode to non-ZCP brakes. Before the event installed the Stoptech trophy bbk on all 4 corners..
                Interested to hear why M-Track mode would intervene on a “straight”?

fwiw I drove for a quite a while on my CSL/ZCP brake swap (before coding over the brake bias) with M-Track mode on often. Never an issue with intervening.
                6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by old///MFanatic View Post
                  Interested to hear why M-Track mode would intervene on a “straight”?

fwiw I drove for a quite a while on my CSL/ZCP brake swap (before coding over the brake bias) with M-Track mode on often. Never an issue with intervening.
                  There is a fairly significant bump after the start/finish line. Without DSC on the car feels fine to me. With M track on it freaks out and seems to apply brakes to rear axle.

I also have codes related to yaw sensor. So there are multiple threads that may have caused it. Just trying to cover all the bases.

Comment

There is a fairly significant bump after the start/finish line. Without DSC on the car feels fine to me. With M track on it freaks out and seems to apply brakes to rear axle.
                    I also have codes related to yaw sensor. So there are multiple threads that may have caused it. Just trying to cover all the bases.
                    Ah I see. Possible that bump is causing traction loss.
                    GL with tracking down the issue.
                    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Hi,

Great thread, there's another company using your PDF on their site BTW.

However, I also got stuck at SG/SG GET and wrote (I'm guessing) $7MA with FA_WRITE to ALSZ and AKMB by using Change ECU. and then did SG_Codeiren for AKMB, HOWEVER, when I go to change to MK60, it's not there?? Is this a profile thing or SP_DATEN thing?

I have the light on dash and it's deffo got an MK60 as its complaining about brake pressure on circuit 2 and I can read values from it. (Ordered x2 new sensors)

Next fly in ointment, the car has F80 brakes on it at front, is it possible previous owner did something? Unlikely and I'm probs over thinking it. Mine is a 2004 SMG.

I'm probably being an idiot here. I can see DSC in list of ECU's but not overly confident that's correct.

Comment

Originally posted by lynas View Post
                        Hi,

Great thread, there's another company using your PDF on their site BTW.

However, I also got stuck at SG/SG GET and wrote (I'm guessing) $7MA with FA_WRITE to ALSZ and AKMB by using Change ECU. and then did SG_Codeiren for AKMB, HOWEVER, when I go to change to MK60, it's not there?? Is this a profile thing or SP_DATEN thing?

I have the light on dash and it's deffo got an MK60 as its complaining about brake pressure on circuit 2 and I can read values from it. (Ordered x2 new sensors)

Next fly in ointment, the car has F80 brakes on it at front, is it possible previous owner did something? Unlikely and I'm probs over thinking it. Mine is a 2004 SMG.

I'm probably being an idiot here. I can see DSC in list of ECU's but not overly confident that's correct.
                        Could be daten file related.

Just because you can see brake pressures doesnt mean you have mk60. Easiest way to know is if you see the DSC unit in the passenger side “drug bin” then you have an MK20 otherwise its an MK60.

Comment

Not sure if I need to start a new thread for this but I have the ZCP package on my '06 M3 and my ABS module went to "sleep" on the rear brake side, no matter what I do I cannot get any pressure on the rear lines. The front is fine but nothing when I bleed the rears. Anyway, I checked out a new module at the dealer and they are quoting over $3000 for a new complete module so that is out the door. Cant find a used ZCP module to replace mine so I fitted a regular M3 module.
                          The issue I have now is that I no longer have track mode, the only code I am getting is that the VIN doesn't match which I can easily align and fix that but I want to know how do I get this module to have the same features as the original one? Is it even possible? I know the part number is different so maybe the hardware is different?
                          Would appreciate some help, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by TropicalM3 View Post
                            Not sure if I need to start a new thread for this but I have the ZCP package on my '06 M3 and my ABS module went to "sleep" on the rear brake side, no matter what I do I cannot get any pressure on the rear lines. The front is fine but nothing when I bleed the rears. Anyway, I checked out a new module at the dealer and they are quoting over $3000 for a new complete module so that is out the door. Cant find a used ZCP module to replace mine so I fitted a regular M3 module.
                            The issue I have now is that I no longer have track mode, the only code I am getting is that the VIN doesn't match which I can easily align and fix that but I want to know how do I get this module to have the same features as the original one? Is it even possible? I know the part number is different so maybe the hardware is different?
                            Would appreciate some help, thanks.
                            The VIN alignment is a mistranslated error code-- what you actually need is steering angle sensor calibration.

In tool32, open the DSC_MK60.prg file. Run LENKWINKEL_DSC_ABGLEICHEN

With the non ZCP/CSL module, you can enable M track mode, but you can't use the M track mode button to activate it. Once you turn it on (using the process in this thread), a short press of the DSC button turns on M track mode and a long press turns off DSC.

There is no way to get the original module functionality, using the M track mode button on the wheel, without a ZCP/CSL MK60. The hardware is different. Only the CSL/ZCP can receive firmware flashes, as well (if you wanted to run the race program from BMW motorsport, for example).

You can create similar(ish) functionality by wiring the steering wheel M track mode button to be your DSC button, but you'll still be stuck using the long press/short press DSC off/M track mode.

It does really suck to find a CSL/ZCP MK60, if you don't want to pay new pricing (which is crazy). It took me years, and even then someone just linked me to it in the end because they knew I was looking.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                            2012 LMB/Black 128i
                            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

The VIN alignment is a mistranslated error code-- what you actually need is steering angle sensor calibration.

In tool32, open the DSC_MK60.prg file. Run. LENKWINKEL_DSC_ABGLEICHEN

With the non ZCP/CSL module, you can enable M track mode, but you can't use the M track mode button to activate it. Once you turn it on (using the process in this thread), a short press of the DSC button turns on M track mode and a long press turns off DSC.

There is no way to get the original module functionality, using the M track mode button on the wheel, without a ZCP/CSL MK60. The hardware is different. Only the CSL/ZCP can receive firmware flashes, as well (if you wanted to run the race program from BMW motorsport, for example).

You can create similar(ish) functionality by wiring the steering wheel M track mode button to be your DSC button, but you'll still be stuck using the long press/short press DSC off/M track mode.

It does really suck to find a CSL/ZCP MK60, if you don't want to pay new pricing (which is crazy). It took me years, and even then someone just linked me to it in the end because they knew I was looking.
                              Thanks for the reply, to tell you the truth, I really don't use the option regularly just wanted to keep the car as original as possible, I'll load up the M-Track mode on it and just keep it at that until I can find the correct part(hopefully), thanks again. I can calibrate the Steering Angle Sensor with INPA right?

Comment

Originally posted by TropicalM3 View Post

Thanks for the reply, to tell you the truth, I really don't use the option regularly just wanted to keep the car as original as possible, I'll load up the M-Track mode on it and just keep it at that until I can find the correct part(hopefully), thanks again. I can calibrate the Steering Angle Sensor with INPA right?
                                I think it needs to be Tool32, but not certain.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                                2012 LMB/Black 128i
                                2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Working...
                                X