ID4Motion digital dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well lookie here.

If you're familiar with Hoovie, looks like the Car Ninja decided to get one of these digital dashes for his X5.

Comment

Originally posted by nickpiper12 View Post
      Good amount of development if they did it correctly. Deleting the stock cluster (IKE) is quite the challenge, as it ties in with most systems within the car.

I’ve converted to an AIM MXG dash on my track car, and have tried to make it as factory as possible utilizing an emulator. Has been a lengthy process, but also fun.

Willing to share more details? All the factory warning lights work?

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Willing to share more details? All the factory warning lights work?
        Probably deserves its own thread at some point. All factory cluster info and warning lights retained, even doors, trunk, PDC, etc. The AIM has a great interface to set up warnings and alarms. It’s all based over CAN. Some info is over KBUS which the emulator converts to custom CAN ID’s

I can even look at anything that would be displayed on DBUS (think INPA) over real time. Mostly use this for SMG pressure and temps on track.

What started as making the MK60 and SMG to play nice without the IKE snowballed into this…

Comment

Probably deserves its own thread at some point. All factory cluster info and warning lights retained, even doors, trunk, PDC, etc. The AIM has a great interface to set up warnings and alarms. It’s all based over CAN. Some info is over KBUS which the emulator converts to custom CAN ID’s

I can even look at anything that would be displayed on DBUS (think INPA) over real time. Mostly use this for SMG pressure and temps on track.

What started as making the MK60 and SMG to play nice without the IKE snowballed into this…
          Very interested in this. Also have an SMG track car. But I use the racecapture system.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Very interested in this. Also have an SMG track car. But I use the racecapture system.
            Not too familiar with Racecapture, but if it utilizes CAN then should integrate to some extent.

The emulator I am running is really the key to deleting the cluster entirely and for a clean install of the AIM unit. Without it, you would have alot of issues.

Comment

Originally posted by CybrSlydr View Post
              Well lookie here.

If you're familiar with Hoovie, looks like the Car Ninja decided to get one of these digital dashes for his X5.
              I think you'll find they contacted Car Ninja and supplied it likely for free too. Make of that what you will. I don't think he "chose" it. Also the video is spent mostly telling us how good it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
                I think you'll find they contacted Car Ninja and supplied it likely for free too. Make of that what you will. I don't think he "chose" it. Also the video is spent mostly telling us how good it is.
                Yeah I mean there’s a banner at the start of the video that identifies it as a paid promotion.

That said - it does look pretty well executed. I don’t think it fits for the E46 particularly, but perhaps cool for other more modern platforms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
                Build Thread:
                https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

More info on the cluster and options

Comment

Good amount of development if they did it correctly. Deleting the stock cluster (IKE) is quite the challenge, as it ties in with most systems within the car.

I’ve converted to an AIM MXG dash on my track car, and have tried to make it as factory as possible utilizing an emulator. Has been a lengthy process, but also fun.

This is close to how I'd do it if I were going to make a digital dash - something that doesn't emulate the limitations of a traditional dashboard but instead shows information that's important to me in a clear fashion.

I've thought of trying to implement something akin to a Model S dashboard. But real life always gets ahead of my ambitions.

Comment

"The E46 M3 has a pretty bad cluster"

I understand you are trying to sell a product, but CRINGE.
                      2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

Just wanted to bump this thread. I know most of you aren't too fond of this cluster but has anyone actually preordered? I have been tempted to get one lol.

Comment

Hi! Im located in Germany and kind of close to ID4motion HQ and I was lucky to get a beta unit. Two of their employees visited me and we made some progress on the development and fixed a lot of bugs.

Currently, the cluster looks to be in a stable state since the last update and I really like it. To be honest, I dont know if the classic M3 cluster should be replaced by that, because its so beautiful. For the orignal non-M3 cluster its a no brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnvu View Post
                            Just wanted to bump this thread. I know most of you aren't too fond of this cluster but has anyone actually preordered? I have been tempted to get one lol.
                            I ordered one. I know it's not many people's thing, but I love tech and gadgets so thought I'd give it a try. Happy to post back once it's installed.
                            2003.5 BMW ///M3 6-speed
                            2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

Comment

Working...
                            X