YFCM Carbon Driveshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Feffman View Post
    I measured 52 13/16" (52.8125") from the front where the flange meets the guibo to the rear where the CV joint meets the front of the differential mount. These measuring points are circled in red in the attached photos.
    Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
    So...its .7" longer if using an M3 guibo. 1" if using a non-M guibo.

.7" longer sounds trivial (that's what she said) but I'm sure it adds quite a bit of cost. I wonder if there is a thicker guibo that would bolt on and reduce the lengthening needed.
    Guys,

Looking at this here - are we sure it's just 0.7 inches in length? Looking to validate, YFCM has interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

Guys,

Looking at this here - are we sure it's just 0.7 inches in length? Looking to validate, YFCM has interest.
      Depends on which guibo is used. With an M3 guibo - its .7", with a non-M its 1".

Comment

For anyone interested, I have 3 units available for delivery right now:
        • 1x 420G 6spd
        • 2x SMG2
        ​You can order here.

Depends on which guibo is used. With an M3 guibo - its .7", with a non-M its 1".
        This got developed and tested btw! It's on pre-order basis for now right here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-10-17 at 11.01.57 PM (1).jpg
Views:	400
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	240583
        Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-10-17 at 11.02.08 PM (1).jpg
Views:	373
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	240584
        Attached Files

Comment

For anyone interested, I have 3 units available for delivery right now:
          • 1x 420G 6spd
          • 2x SMG2
          ​You can order here.

This got developed and tested btw! It's on pre-order basis for now right here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-10-17 at 11.01.57 PM (1).jpg Views:	130 Size:	59.1 KB ID:	240583
          Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-10-17 at 11.02.08 PM (1).jpg Views:	102 Size:	81.2 KB ID:	240584

Just to be clear...which version driveshaft is this? v2 or v4? These have been fully tested and there are absolutely 0 issues with balancing and vibration?

Edit: Just noticed the OG is banned. LOL...welp!!!
          Last edited by Projecte46m3; 02-21-2024, 06:51 AM.
          2005 E46 ///M3 Interlagos Blue/Cinnamon

BBS - Recaro - JRZ - PFC - Supersprint - Haimus - Vorshlag - RKP - DMG - Diffsonline - Autosolutions - ​Koyo - Mile End Composites - YFCM - GC

https://www.instagram.com/justanotham4/

Comment

Originally posted by Projecte46m3 View Post

Just to be clear...which version driveshaft is this? v2 or v4? These have been fully tested and there are absolutely 0 issues with balancing and vibration?

Edit: Just noticed the OG is banned. LOL...welp!!!
            To be fair, users on this forum have reported the YFCM driveshafts are excellent. OP was banned because of drama between him.and the admins.
            Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

There's another option
              2004 Dinan S3-R M3
              2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
                These are the ones that vibrate and had issues. It's detailed in this thread I think.
                Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

These are the ones that vibrate and had issues. It's detailed in this thread I think.
                  This is what is mentioned in the original post.

"For those that are unaware, MFactory / YCW Engineering / Michael Yip private labeled YFCM's carbon driveshafts while pretending he owned the patents. Many issues arose from the delivery on a "new" V3 version, which turns out to be a poorly retro-engineered version of the V2 with balancing, vibration and probable ungluing issues."
                  2005 E46 ///M3 Interlagos Blue/Cinnamon

BBS - Recaro - JRZ - PFC - Supersprint - Haimus - Vorshlag - RKP - DMG - Diffsonline - Autosolutions - ​Koyo - Mile End Composites - YFCM - GC

https://www.instagram.com/justanotham4/

Comment

So who is Michael Yip?

Are these made by Mfactory?

The link to the history is missing.

I thought by the pics these looked like Mfactory ones.... Is Yip just having Mfactory make them for him?
                    2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                    2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

So who is Michael Yip?

Are these made by Mfactory?

The link to the history is missing.

I thought by the pics these looked like Mfactory ones.... Is Yip just having Mfactory make them for him?
                      In this entry, I take you on a deep dive on the MFactory V3 saga and the unscrupulous behaviour of Michael, MFactory's sole owner and employee.
                      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

I'm so confused.

First of all, Mfactory doesn't have one employee lol.

Second of all, IDK who this Michael Yip dude even is, I've always worked with Dave, here in the US.

Mfactory own Syncrotech, Infinitude, YCM, and others, not to mention they are the main distributer for Swift Springs. They aren't some small Tawain company run by a single individual as Euroconnex claims... IDK where he even got that from.

All of these leaves me with more questions than answers.
                        2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                        2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Yes - he private labels Exedy parts for most drivetrain components he brands as his. It's unclear whether this was his plan or not for final drive gears.
                          I just read through this thread, and this ^ is total bullshit. All Mfacorty parts are sourced through their subsidiary Syncrotech, who has been in business for decades.

It sounds to me like Matt got upset when they wouldn't give him multiple driveshafts for free when he got more group buyer participants than expected.

I've never had a problem with Matt and was sorry to see him get banned, but there's a LOT of misinformation in this thread.
                          2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                          2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

I've never had a problem with Matt and was sorry to see him get banned, but there's a LOT of misinformation in this thread.
                            it's too bad you didn't catch this thread thread before he got banned

on the old forum YCM and Mfactory both had accounts and would routinely accuse each other of making generic underdeveloped cf driveshafts that wouldn't work. i assume euroconnex laid the matter to rest after doing his "curating" process

you could always message him on euroconnex but he controls the narrative much better on his own platforms, imo its a big reason he didn't last long here

Comment

I’m confused too…the one thing I got out of all of this is you really can’t trust these driveshafts…my opinion. Too many issues. Can’t be on V4 because V1 to 3 didn’t work…versioning assumes working part in my mind.

Just saw pics of one that basically came apart on an E92 M3 which, in my mind, confirms that these are not a quality product.

Comment

I'm confused too…the one thing I got out of all of this is you really can't trust these driveshafts…my opinion. Too many issues. Can't be on V4 because V1 to 3 didn't work…versioning assumes working part in my mind.

Just saw pics of one that basically came apart on an E92 M3 which, in my mind, confirms that these are not a quality product.
                                I agree with what you are saying and if the oe F8X CF DS plan/conversion works out for us that's the way to go or just stick to OE.

Comment

Working...
                                X