Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211205_105519.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	196614
    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by CybrSlydr View Post
      So, I've since replaced the broken pieces in the lock and fixed it. Key locks and unlocks the door and will also lock the passenger door. Key fob still a no-go.

Next idea is it's the RF antenna in the c-pillar or the gm5 module - any idea which one we think it might be more? I'm leaning towards the RF antenna.​ Is it underneath the sharkfin under the headliner?
      Continue to use the key lock for lock/unlock will break it again. The lock design was intended to be controlled by the key fob.
      I don't think your issue is the GM5, but the RF antenna wiring.

Comment

On the output side of the RF Antenna(the wires that lead to the GM5), there is a wire that will give a signal when you press a button on the key, I don't remember which one of the wires. My key wouldn't work for years until I tested that wire and found that a signal was going to the car, then I realised the issue was with the car, ended up being a blown fuse. Just use a test light, it will be a dull light bcse I think it is a 5v signal.

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
          Looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211205_105519.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	196614
          Don’t want to hijack this thread. But this has me wondering, my current M3 I need to be within about 10ft for the remote to work, I could’ve sworn with my previous one I could be 10 times further away and it would still work. What could that be?
          E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
          E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
          E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

An old battery in the key fob that's failing could do it.
            Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by 01CB View Post
              How much was a new new key if you don't mind? I am in the same situation.
              It was $250

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X