No announcement yet.

Karbonius Carbon Fibre Stock S54 Plenum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the weight weenies the Carbon box will also save about 5 lbs. Stock box plastic is very thick.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
      For the weight weenies the Carbon box will also save about 5 lbs. Stock box plastic is very thick.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      I weighed mine and it is about 8Lb lighter than the stock plenum. The Eventuri is another 2Lb lighter than the standard air filter housing, so 10Lb all up.

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

CSL airboxes don't really have any issues if you do them correctly (CSL DME firmware, MAP sensor and tune for your specific setup)
        Exactly what I did, but I ended up with a blown engine to show for the troubles. Wasn’t tuned on a dyno, but engine was entirely stock otherwise and used proper CSL DME with h-bridge and MAP. The tuner supposedly adjusted tune accordingly (i.e., for US headers and no CSL cams).

Also impossible to pass NY annual inspection which was a huge headache for me, may not impact others.

Comment

Originally posted by EYEHAVEYOU View Post

Exactly what I did, but I ended up with a blown engine to show for the troubles. Wasn’t tuned on a dyno, but engine was entirely stock otherwise and used proper CSL DME with h-bridge and MAP. The tuner supposedly adjusted tune accordingly (i.e., for US headers and no CSL cams).

Also impossible to pass NY annual inspection which was a huge headache for me, may not impact others.
          I'm sorry that happened to you but let's be honest, how many others has this happened to? It's like 1 in 5,000? Whether your tuner is reputable or not, it should be easy to confirm if the car is running well afterwards before you redline the crap out of it - you should be able to do that yourself with free software. This shouldn't be a factor here at all...
          Last edited by PetrolM3; 12-10-2022, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Completely forgot about the “import duty” fee through DHL…
            Attached Files
            Last edited by JDMaflac; 12-18-2022, 04:48 PM.

Comment

50 is nothing, it was 400 for me!!! US guys are so lucky

Comment

Originally posted by JDMaflac View Post
                Completely forgot about the “import duty” fee through DHL…
                Hey you're in Charlotte? I'm about an hour north of you. Would love to see that airbox sometime if you get it installed.
                Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
                  50 is nothing, it was 400 for me!!! US guys are so lucky
                  That is 25% of the Karbonius box...😲

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Hey you're in Charlotte? I'm about an hour north of you. Would love to see that airbox sometime if you get it installed.
                  Sure! Might be awhile but i'm planning on installing the Karbonius box first and then install the Eventuri.

Comment

Will have to see what people have done to their oil dipsticks but it’s here. Going to install either the Eventuri or Karb box first.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	EA15B197-7158-44EC-B985-F1D867083AE3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	173.7 KB ID:	197064
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	EF6F11D3-A2E8-4072-ACB8-6458AD3AE115.jpg Views:	0 Size:	159.3 KB ID:	197061 Click image for larger version  Name:	00347E81-F85A-4EA2-BC4D-0BD5F55E1FB7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	211.5 KB ID:	197062
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	4918EAA1-7EAE-470F-B38A-704E5E1D5706.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	197065
                    Last edited by JDMaflac; 12-21-2022, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMaflac View Post
                      Will have to see what people have done to their oil dipsticks but it’s here. Going to install either the Eventuri or Karb box first.
                      Click image for larger version Name:	EA15B197-7158-44EC-B985-F1D867083AE3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	173.7 KB ID:	197064
                      Click image for larger version Name:	EF6F11D3-A2E8-4072-ACB8-6458AD3AE115.jpg Views:	0 Size:	159.3 KB ID:	197061 Click image for larger version Name:	00347E81-F85A-4EA2-BC4D-0BD5F55E1FB7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	211.5 KB ID:	197062
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	4918EAA1-7EAE-470F-B38A-704E5E1D5706.jpg Views:	7 Size:	180.3 KB ID:	197065
                      I'd recommend eventuri first - once you install the Karb box, you won't have a chance to test eventuri only for comparison reasons unless you remove the Karb box and re-install it again which is a decent amount of work... instead, you can easily swap the eventuri/stock intake....
                      Last edited by PetrolM3; 12-21-2022, 08:36 AM.

Comment

I bent my dipstick to the right and made a basic bracket out of random aluminum to hold it to the airbox.

Comment

I kept my CSL dipstick, but the Z4M has so much more room

Comment

Quick audio clip of the intake with a 6" pod filter and a MAF setup I printed, OEM elbow. Took this with a Hero 8 taped between the SMG fluid reservoir and the fender. Figured some people might find this interesting.

EDIT:
                            Made a new revision of my printed intake that really let the intake sing IMO.
                            Thinner walls so less sound dampening.

FINAL EDIT:
                            1/20
                            Printed from carbon fiber fill polycarbonate and made available on 3dwardprinting.com for ordering.
                            The CF fill helped make the print so much nicer and the sound a bit louder yet. Pricy but worth it.
                            Last edited by TeddybearCup; 01-20-2023, 08:10 PM.

Comment

That sounds pretty darn good!

Comment

Designed a super basic bracket for the oil dipstick, because my aluminum screwed together L brackets unscrewed from all the vibrations and started clanging against each other every once in a while. Super annoying!

I hosted the file on my site listing for folks with a printer. Not super motivated to print these out for people because of how small they are and how basic the design is, but can do so for anyone needing one.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X