KW V3 vs. Stock Suspension Refresh for Street Driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hsq View Post
    Thanks for all the responses. Do you guys think TCK DAs are better than stock for daily driving (in terms of comfort/reliability)?
    I put 120,000 miles on my TCK DAs, and never had an issue. They're on a friends car now, converted to flat ride, and better than they were new because of it.

Flat ride TCKs in reasonable spring rates are, IMO better than stock for everything-- including DD use (assuming a reasonable ride height and set up correctly).

The notion that adjustability is useless if you're not going to change them frequently is misguided, IMO-- adjustability lets you set them up correctly for your car once, and then you should just leave them alone. Adjustability is there to let you get them dialed in. Once done, no need for tweaking.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Are these TCK DA's similar to, but just a more adjustable yellow Koni, or has there been more done internally to them?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.wReckless View Post
        Are these TCK DA's similar to, but just a more adjustable yellow Koni, or has there been more done internally to them?

Regards
        They are valved to TCK's specs and have separate compression and rebound adjustment.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by hsq View Post
          Thanks for all the responses. Do you guys think TCK DAs are better than stock for daily driving (in terms of comfort/reliability)?
          I am just one opinion. That said, I run mine on soft at/about stock height with 550lb springs. It is a better ride than stock suspension and STs (that I had before).
          Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Hmm I wonder how my car with MCS 2WNRs will ride with 350F/700R springs and Hotchkis front sway. Currently have 600F/700R springs.
            Silver Track to Street Car Journal
            Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
              Hmm I wonder how my car with MCS 2WNRs will ride with 350F/700R springs and Hotchkis front sway. Currently have 600F/700R springs.
              I’m on MCS 1WNRs 450/840 Swifts with a 30mm front bar. The ride is surprisingly comfortable. Firm but definitely streetable. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearhead55 View Post

I’m on MCS 1WNRs 450/840 Swifts with a 30mm front bar. The ride is surprisingly comfortable. Firm but definitely streetable. I love it.
                Is it set up for flat ride?

Comment

Is it set up for flat ride?
                  Yep. I think it's flat ride optimized at 80 mph. At that speed it feels splendid. I wouldn't go much softer in the front if it's primarily a track car.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gearhead55 View Post
                    Yep. I think it's flat ride optimized at 80 mph. At that speed it feels splendid. I wouldn't go much softer in the front if it's primarily a track car.

Ooh okay, cool. Thanks for the info. I’m actually turning my track car back into a street car, so I’m trying to figure out what setup might work best for me. Thinking about trying 400/700 for the time being since the 700s are already installed, and I already own the 400s.

Comment

Ooh okay, cool. Thanks for the info. I’m actually turning my track car back into a street car, so I’m trying to figure out what setup might work best for me. Thinking about trying 400/700 for the time being since the 700s are already installed, and I already own the 400s.
                      Yea try it out. 400/700 won't be very flat ride but it will definitely be a step in the right direction. Since it will be a street car you should be fine dropping into the 300s up front.

Comment

With 400/700 you're at ~2.12Hz front and rear. I still consider that kinda high for a street car... Above 2Hz will be pretty stiff. You might be better off with 300/500 if you're looking for comfort.

Comment

I’ll try the 400/700 setup before deciding if I want to go softer in the rear. The car will still have sort of a street/track setup and will retain all of the monoball parts (for now). I think Obi used 375+350/700+675, and if he felt that the car rode great and was compliant on the street, I’m sure I’ll be happy, too.

Comment

I’ll try the 400/700 setup before deciding if I want to go softer in the rear. The car will still have sort of a street/track setup and will retain all of the monoball parts (for now). I think Obi used 375+350/700+675, and if he felt that the car rode great and was compliant on the street, I’m sure I’ll be happy, too.
                            Everyone has their own idea of what compliant means, and is also going to depend on the road quality where you live. 400's are 2.6 times as stiff as stock springs so there's going to be an increase in stiffness no matter what anyone says, and some people already complain about the stock setup being stiff. Obviously the damper has a lot to do with that, but they each play a role together with bushings, bump rubbers, and tire to give an overall feel.

Of course since you already have the springs, might as well go for it. They're easy enough to change.

Comment

I think you mean softer in the front? In fact, for what springs cost, I would buy a pair of 300-325lb springs instead of installing the 400s you already own.
                              2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Anyone know if there is a "street" camber plate that will work with the front TCK SA dampers? After perhaps going too far with my rear suspension I definitely don't want a harsh camber plate setup it the front. I looked and the Turners, but it looks like they will work only with dampers designed to work with the stock upper mount.
                                Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Working...
                                X