KW V3 vs. Stock Suspension Refresh for Street Driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-O View Post
    Anyone know if there is a "street" camber plate that will work with the front TCK SA dampers? After perhaps going too far with my rear suspension I definitely don't want a harsh camber plate setup it the front. I looked and the Turners, but it looks like they will work only with dampers designed to work with the stock upper mount.
    Turner separately sells spring perches for 2.25” and 2.5” diameter springs. I’m using the 2.5” mounts on my street plates right now with Ohlins

Comment

Originally posted by D-O View Post
      Anyone know if there is a "street" camber plate that will work with the front TCK SA dampers? After perhaps going too far with my rear suspension I definitely don't want a harsh camber plate setup it the front. I looked and the Turners, but it looks like they will work only with dampers designed to work with the stock upper mount.
      Turner’s or GC’s will work.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Thanks. I got the impression from the Turner and TCK sites that the diameter and height of the TCK damper would be a problem. TCK site says the stock strut shaft is shorter and larger in diameter than the TCK part.
        Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
          I’ll try the 400/700 setup before deciding if I want to go softer in the rear. The car will still have sort of a street/track setup and will retain all of the monoball parts (for now). I think Obi used 375+350/700+675, and if he felt that the car rode great and was compliant on the street, I’m sure I’ll be happy, too.
          Depends what streets you're driving on. In Houston, 700 rear is jarring. In Austin, may be a different story, depending on what part of town you frequent.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Turner’s or GC’s will work.
            resurfacing this as I asked this question to TCK. he said they won't work, not sure if he's mistaken. he mentioned to use non-M camber plates. hard to get info via email and they don't answer their phone

Comment

Is the tck 14mm (versus typical 16mm)?

Will Turner or GC not include a bearing (14mm i.d. to 16mm o.d.)?

I use a bearing in order to put my 14mm MCS into tns street plates. Vorshlag includes the bearing I know for a fact.

It sounds to me like non M is 14mm then.

I'm not sure about height being an issue, I don't see how it could be.
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                Is the tck 14mm (versus typical 16mm)?

Will Turner or GC not include a bearing (14mm i.d. to 16mm o.d.)?

I use a bearing in order to put my 14mm MCS into tns street plates. Vorshlag includes the bearing I know for a fact.

It sounds to me like non M is 14mm then.

I'm not sure about height being an issue, I don't see how it could be.
                Not sure! You're talking about the sleeve correct? I assume GC can provide it. Come to think of it I'll bet they're a better place to ask than TCK. I'll try em on Mon

Comment

I can see people here bashin V3, Have anybody of you guys tried KW V3 converted to flat ride spring rates and proper setup?

Comment

Working...
                  X