Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have experience with BMC air filter for CSL intake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

Because that guy doesn't know what he's talking about - as usual.

i'm still waiting for the EPA to spook Turner into dropping Supersprint from their catalog

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

i'm still waiting for the EPA to spook Turner into dropping Supersprint from their catalog

They already have dropped every catless products from their catalog.

Taking the L once more 🤣

Comment

They already have dropped every catless products from their catalog.

Taking the L once more 🤣

that's weird when you edited your first group buy posts i figured you conceded that lying to the community wasn't a good idea

but i guess i shoulda known you're just a move the goalposts type of dude

Comment

that's weird when you edited your first group buy posts i figured you conceded that lying to the community wasn't a good idea

but i guess i shoulda known you're just a move the goalposts type of dude

:yawn:

Comment

:yawn:

"Turner is afraid of the millions of dollars in fines being levied out by the EPA! despite their fear though, i've convinced them to do a huge group buy through me before they stop selling supersprint products altogether!"

lol

Comment

"Turner is afraid of the millions of dollars in fines being levied out by the EPA! despite their fear though, i've convinced them to do a huge group buy through me before they stop selling supersprint products altogether!"

lol

Making up quotes I see I see! It's always been about catless products, they removed them.

...and back to the ignore list you go.

Comment

Making up quotes I see I see! It's always been about catless products, they removed them.

...and back to the ignore list you go.

i used to quote you directly but you wouldn't stop editing your threads

Comment

Back on topic, got the BMC filter. Updated pic!

There is a slight air gap in the BMC filter at the bottom fowared edge, about 1.5" in from the forward most edge. That's disappointing - the Pipercross/Karbonius filter did not.

Regardless of upkeep, matte looks stellar in my as-humble-as-possible opinion. Worth whatever hassle ensues. Again, IMAHAPO.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220521_185037.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	168785
                  Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Dat matte look so gud doe.

Fucdaepa.
                    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
                      There is a slight air gap in the BMC filter at the bottom fowared edge, about 1.5" in from the forward most edge.
                      Same deal on my ~2 year old karb airbox. Doesn't seem to make a difference though, as the carbon lip on the filtered section of the airbox is higher than the gap. I vacuum in there whenever I have the unfiltered section off just to be extra safe.
                      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                        Fucdaepa.
                        This took my a few tries before I was pickin up what you were puttin down. 😁

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                        Same deal on my ~2 year old karb airbox. Doesn't seem to make a difference though, as the carbon lip on the filtered section of the airbox is higher than the gap. I vacuum in there whenever I have the unfiltered section off just to be extra safe.
                        Good to know!! That lip on the back of the box, I had the same thought, wondering if it would prevent ingress of stuff. I seated the filter as far back as I can against that lip.

Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Just signed up today to chime in.

I've washed and oiled my oem csl filter with the BMC kit and I can conclusively say the oiling effects (muffles) the induction sound and while the car runs fine, initially it felt like it didn't pull as hard as before.

After a bit of a spirited run, clearly on the filter you can see where the induction trumpets draw air, around the trumpet locations of the filter it is lighter red oil dye than the rest (edges).

I suspect over time the oil may evaporate with induction air passing through it.
                          so what I'm thinking is, BMW have specifically instructed BMC not to oil the filter as It likely effects the induction sound.

Perhaps if some oil weeps from the filter over time into the air collector part of the airbox it might pick up some particles here and there.

Personally, I prefer better filtration so will keep running it lightly oiled but I'll check up inside the air collector to see what's going on in regards to dust in say 1000kms time.
                          Last edited by Empowr; 01-02-2023, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Yes.
                            Dumb follow-up... Does this apply to the older evolve boxes as well?

I'm still running my original itg filter. Cleaned/oil it last summer, and it was still in good shape. But I would like to have a backup option.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

No. Never saw anyone run oe filter in evolve box, and never saw evolve say it fit.
                              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
                              X