Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have experience with BMC air filter for CSL intake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw this and ordered the BMC filter through IND today. Started my car yesterday for the first time with the Karb box. I almost hate to cover these trumpets up...

PS. Please ignore the temporary cross over tube - my CSL specific one showed up damaged and didn't realize it until yesterday. I did hear that the clear tube mod was worth about 2-3 HP tho.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220514_161935.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	208.6 KB
ID:	168057
    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

The matte looks so good!

Comment

Yeah I'm digging the matte. I like it stickerless too. May keep it that way! Wish Karb sold one of theirs in the muted grey like they do via their air brushing option.

Comment

Everyone liking the matte now? 😎
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I really can't believe it, no offense to anyone.
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

The engine bay is open to road debris and you've got airflow from motion and the fans constantly circulating grit and grime while u drive

A Matte carbon version of anything is probably the last material I'd want in the engine bay tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                Ejaz, I would say "pipercross" - my foam itg has been perfectly fine
                Keep an eye on it Brother. Foam is foam and disintegrates quickly in a hot engine bay. It also often gives you the illusion of being OK and as soon as you touch it it crumbles

Comment

Yep foam is pretty garbage, not sure why anyone would risk it to save a few bucks.
                  2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                    Yep foam is pretty garbage, not sure why anyone would risk it to save a few bucks.
                    Cause that's the only option? After 5 years and several washes, mine is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post
                      The engine bay is open to road debris and you've got airflow from motion and the fans constantly circulating grit and grime while u drive

A Matte carbon version of anything is probably the last material I'd want in the engine bay tbh
                      Yeah matte sucks. This settles it, I'm gonna start a support group thread for all us suckas who bought it already.

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

Why would matte carbon be any worse than gloss carbon in terms of engine bay filth?

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post

Why would matte carbon be any worse than gloss carbon in terms of engine bay filth?
                          I polish my gloss cf airbox to restore its gloss just like the exterior paint.

Comment

Because that guy doesn't know what he's talking about - as usual. Matte is the "I hate washing my engine bay" finish of choice. If you want to get even lazier, ceramic coat it and never touch it again.

Comment

for the same reasons exterior matte paint is a chore to upkeep

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Yeah matte sucks. This settles it, I'm gonna start a support group thread for all us suckas who bought it already.
                                lol not saying it's the end of the world, just something i'd avoid if i could

Comment

Working...
                                X