Brey Krause rear deck Harness mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Just called because I was curious-- sounds like it's just temporarily discontinued.
    Glad it’s not some safety issue that popped up.

Taking these tomorrow to a machine shop that HMS pointed me to .. props to those guys for their help, I didn’t even buy the original parts through them.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

Glad it’s not some safety issue that popped up.

Taking these tomorrow to a machine shop that HMS pointed me to .. props to those guys for their help, I didn’t even buy the original parts through them.
      I have only ever had 100% positive experiences with HMS.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

So is this kit a no-go atm?
        2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
        2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Sounds like it. Per my last email from Hans at HMS on 6/3 I was told a 7/15 ship date but with what repoman89 posted I am going to reach out to him tomorrow and see what's up.

Comment

edit: retracted for now
            Last edited by repoman89; 06-28-2022, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Does anyone have pictures of what these mounts look like installed? I can't find one for the E46.

Comment

Originally posted by TeddybearCup View Post
                Does anyone have pictures of what these mounts look like installed? I can't find one for the E46.
                Mine:

Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	174944

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Ok I received it and checked the threads, when trying to start the bolt into the threads there was a issue so I took a wire brush and cleaned all that black paint or whatever coating that is on the edge of the threads. After that I got them in carefully without any issue. But I will say without cleaning them up there definitely was an issue getting them to seat properly.

Comment

Originally posted by lvm3sm46 View Post
                    Ok I received it and checked the threads, when trying to start the bolt into the threads there was a issue so I took a wire brush and cleaned all that black paint or whatever coating that is on the edge of the threads. After that I got them in carefully without any issue. But I will say without cleaning them up there definitely was an issue getting them to seat properly.
                    How was the fitment otherwise and overall install? Ive removed the deck a billion times so not too worried about that. Sucks this is the only ideal solution for a dual purpose car because I'm trying to get back out to the track and this is the ideal solution for proper harness mounting.

I also don't understand this statement "The R-1246 requires longer shoulder harness belt runs than our other harness mounting solutions. Only use the R-1246 in combination with harnesses where the harness manufacturer approves of running the belts 30-40" (depending on seat position) from shoulders to the harness mount points. Not recommended for drivers with seats in extremely forward positions (close to steering wheel), as harnesses may not be long enough to reach."

Schroth harnesses are plenty long. I'm 5'6 and my buddy said they should have more than enough length to reach. Hope that is indeed true.

Is this BK setup still worth ordering? Sadly am used to having to fabricate things to fit so if its not too bad, I'm very tempted to order. Does anyone have any pics of the installation under the deck?

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post

How was the fitment otherwise and overall install? Ive removed the deck a billion times so not too worried about that. Sucks this is the only ideal solution for a dual purpose car because I'm trying to get back out to the track and this is the ideal solution for proper harness mounting.

I also don't understand this statement "The R-1246 requires longer shoulder harness belt runs than our other harness mounting solutions. Only use the R-1246 in combination with harnesses where the harness manufacturer approves of running the belts 30-40" (depending on seat position) from shoulders to the harness mount points. Not recommended for drivers with seats in extremely forward positions (close to steering wheel), as harnesses may not be long enough to reach."

Schroth harnesses are plenty long. I'm 5'6 and my buddy said they should have more than enough length to reach. Hope that is indeed true.

Is this BK setup still worth ordering? Sadly am used to having to fabricate things to fit so if its not too bad, I'm very tempted to order. Does anyone have any pics of the installation under the deck?
                      Install is pretty trivial and the parts fit quite well. No complaints in that department. Worth mentioning that you lose the subs in the trunk. I was 50:50 on removing those for weight loss anyway so that made the decision easy. HK audio sounds equally bad as it did before

Comment

Install is pretty trivial and the parts fit quite well. No complaints in that department. Worth mentioning that you lose the subs in the trunk. I was 50:50 on removing those for weight loss anyway so that made the decision easy. HK audio sounds equally bad as it did before
                        Wait why do you lose the trunk sub? I just retrofitted that and have all new hk speakers lol. Those idiots.
                        Last edited by thegenius46m; 07-20-2022, 11:37 AM.

Comment

IIRC no need to lose the sub if only doing driver side harness mounts.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Yeah it’s because of an aluminum reinforcement plate for one of the passenger side mounts. Probably could carefully dremel a cut in the plastic sub housing to go around it.

Comment

Yeah it’s because of an aluminum reinforcement plate for one of the passenger side mounts. Probably could carefully dremel a cut in the plastic sub housing to go around it.
                              Awesome thanks for the info! If it's just barely off that's an easy modification. Or I'll grind down the reinforcement plate a tad lol. A small section wont shouldn't compromise safety at all unless we're talking a big amount here.

Comment

reviving this old thread. any reason one would not want to run their redesigned harness bar from 2018? Obioban

I'm leaning towards these eye hooks to run harnesses and avoid a roll bar but at $375 its pricy but I will avoid driling holes into my car...again.

Comment

Working...
                                X