Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by designer485 View Post
    Coby Wheel is great. I love mine.
    Layered over top of existing leather or striped down all the way?

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Layered over top of existing leather or striped down all the way?
      To be honest, I'm not 100% sure, but I believe he removed the stock wrap and completely re-trims. It definitely feels thicker than stock, but not by a huge amount.

Comment

Thoughts on tainik's flat bottom wheels? Or is that look a no-no for us not being period correct.

Comment

I’m personally not a fan. I guess it goes back to being period correct. My Subaru has a flat bottom and I am pretty indifferent on it.
          2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2424;n17181

my current steering wheel [ATTACH=JSON
            {"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":17184}[/ATTACH]
            Where did you have that done? Did you use your existing wheel and rewrap? I want that done but my interior is kiwi. Not sure it that’s possible anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Rkymtnrider View Post

Where did you have that done? Did you use your existing wheel and rewrap? I want that done but my interior is kiwi. Not sure it that’s possible anymore.
              Looks like an individual two tone wheel.
              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Looks like an individual two tone wheel.
                Didn’t realize that was an option.

Comment

I bought this off eBay from Ukraine. It took a long time but I’m happy with it.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	2AA8F625-434C-418F-B453-35D5B4D34D75.jpeg
Views:	495
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	62686
                  IG: https://www.instagram.com/mspir3d/

Comment

Here are some photos of my cobywheel for future reference. You can see how the re-wrap over the existing leather results in exposed leather edges on the backside. Some may not like that. I have found its out largely out of sight and that's not where hands normally touch. The re-wrap results in a slightly thicker wheel. Some may like that. So far, I've found his leather to be better quality and better wearing than OEM.

The trim and buttons are donor that he threw in for free and didn't get installed on the vehicle. I opted for black stitching as it went into a non-M application.

Attached Files
                    '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Had mine done by Coby as well and extremely pleased with the quality, fit and finish. Genuinely asking tho, is there any particular reason why wrapping over the existing leather is not good? Been hearing this from some folks recently

Comment

Originally posted by yhp2009 View Post
                        Had mine done by Coby as well and extremely pleased with the quality, fit and finish. Genuinely asking tho, is there any particular reason why wrapping over the existing leather is not good? Been hearing this from some folks recently
                        You can feel that exposed piece of leather on each side on the back of wheel. It makes it feel cheap.

The true best steering wheels were done by an M3F OG OG Deadlysyns AKA Cong. He's MIA though.
                        2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                        2005 BMW ///M3
                        Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                        2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                        2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                        2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

You can feel that exposed piece of leather on each side on the back of wheel. It makes it feel cheap.

The true best steering wheels were done by an M3F OG OG Deadlysyns AKA Cong. He's MIA though.
                          I see, I suppose for ~$200 it didnt really bother me too much since its done so clean. I really love mine without any reservations. But if youre going for the factory look yea i could see thy you'd go for OE instead.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1676(2).jpg
Views:	448
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	107610

Comment

I just had a wheel done for my e46. Pretty happy with how it turned out. Quality is top notch

2006 M3 ZCP 6spd
                            2008 M3 6spd
                            2012 LP 570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale
                            2014 Ferrari 458

Follow me on instagram @ biggreasytaco

Comment

Just reached out to Coby and he informed me that all his wraps are over the existing leather, and he only offers Nappa. I've tried looking into some of the ledermanz and some others with no luck. Anyone know who I can send my wheel off to for a quality OEM-like rewrap?
                              2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

Here’s my wheel redone from Poland with no core. The feel is great and the quality is top notch. It’s my new favorite mod.

Comment

Working...
                                X