Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The secret M garage CSL special

E46 CSL with S65 (?) and dual intake inlets on the CSL bumper
    Last edited by Lip; 06-10-2022, 08:49 AM.
    2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
    Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
    Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
    Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
    Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
    Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

I've been saying it for years, dual inlets in a CSL bumper is da wae.

Even if you don't have an S62 in there LOL
    2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
    2005 BMW ///M3
    Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
    2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
    2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
    2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
      I've been saying it for years, dual inlets in a CSL bumper is da wae.

Even if you don't have an S62 in there LOL
      Vorsteiner used to make a dual inlet CSL bumper!
      until they moved onto richer clientele

Comment

That S62 M3 is pretty cool. But man the sound of the S85 with a carbon airbox is ridiculous
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Dual inlets always looked "vorsteiner" to me.

Lmao just saw the pandering logo.
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Jeebus at 50 seconds. Good god. Love the quote: "The entertainment value is high"
            3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
              That S62 M3 is pretty cool. But man the sound of the S85 with a carbon airbox is ridiculous
              I thought the exact same thing!

Comment

A thing of dreams for sure...s85 that rev's to 9k with an s65 dct swap and lots of carbon. What's not to like?
                E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

I knew about the M3 GTR, but never knew these existed

Comment

This reply by Obioban has been deleted by Obioban

Wow, new to me, as well!

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i
                    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Wow, new to me, as well!

I've been on and off pondering an active front splitter like the M6 CSL since Porsche put it on the turbo.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i
                    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                      I've been on and off pondering an active front splitter like the M6 CSL since Porsche put it on the turbo.
                      I recently learned that MK4 Supras had an option from the factory for an active front splitter. That must have been such a cool thing to have in the 90s.

Here is an example of the Toyota Supra's active front spoiler being operated.

Active aero on our cars would be pretty cool, but I wonder if it's worth the effort/weight to have vs just designing a static element that is "easy" to install for when you're on track. A splitter with mounts that sandwich between the front crash bar and the chassis rails wouldn't be crazy hard to put on before a track day.

I know a guy who designed wing mounts that screw into both (yes, there's two) rear two hook mounts on his BRZ. He also added carbon reinforcement plates behind the license plate mount so that he can run some bracing to there too. Said he can put the entire thing on in about two minutes. Something with a similar philosophy but for a front splitter on our cars might be pretty useful. Although it would never outweigh the cool factor of having an active element.
                      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

I do not think automatics and ///M cars mix well, for non daily applications, but, shit - e46 s62 DCT. That’s like all my favorite code names and acronyms in one sentence.
                        Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

I recently learned that MK4 Supras had an option from the factory for an active front splitter. That must have been such a cool thing to have in the 90s.

Here is an example of the Toyota Supra's active front spoiler being operated.

Active aero on our cars would be pretty cool, but I wonder if it's worth the effort/weight to have vs just designing a static element that is "easy" to install for when you're on track. A splitter with mounts that sandwich between the front crash bar and the chassis rails wouldn't be crazy hard to put on before a track day.

I know a guy who designed wing mounts that screw into both (yes, there's two) rear two hook mounts on his BRZ. He also added carbon reinforcement plates behind the license plate mount so that he can run some bracing to there too. Said he can put the entire thing on in about two minutes. Something with a similar philosophy but for a front splitter on our cars might be pretty useful. Although it would never outweigh the cool factor of having an active element.

I think the king of active aero on the 90's Japanese Super Cars was the Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 in America. The thing had active from and rear aerodynamic spoilers, that would raise and lower and specific speeds. I thought it was awesome technology back then, but I had a 1990 Integra coupe so what did I know. Here's a good video on Youtube showing the rear spoiler. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E43lYhPsPFs

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post

I think the king of active aero on the 90's Japanese Super Cars was the Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 in America. The thing had active from and rear aerodynamic spoilers, that would raise and lower and specific speeds. I thought it was awesome technology back then, but I had a 1990 Integra coupe so what did I know. Here's a good video on Youtube showing the rear spoiler. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E43lYhPsPFs
                            I forgot about that! A close family friend had a 3000GT growing up and I thought it was the coolest thing ever

Comment

Working...
                            X