MAP sensor wiring help PLEASE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by COVID-19 View Post
    Got it to work. My car was kinda warm already BTW. I don’t seem to have a fluctuation at idle.

Click image for larger version Name:	F5688E0E-9671-4F98-894D-E6627E40CEB2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	130.1 KB ID:	20318 Click image for larger version Name:	92267212-3366-4192-B156-2F197E407376.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	116.5 KB ID:	20319
    And where is your MAP located physically and wiring wise? Someone please feel free to stop me on my fuel injector signal interference idea, but I still have that in my head.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

I have a wire coming out of PIN 18 for the signal and ground from 17 and power from 7
      Click image for larger version  Name:	6615E66D-D8BB-4CEE-A645-5FD3B47B0F7E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	104.6 KB ID:	20364
      Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

And where is your MAP located physically and wiring wise? Someone please feel free to stop me on my fuel injector signal interference idea, but I still have that in my head.
      Last edited by COVID-19; 05-03-2020, 07:54 AM.
      06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

I've got that adapter and may try that today and see what happens.

Instagram

Comment

I've got that adapter and may try that today and see what happens.
          Yeah I remember selling you one on M3F. Either way I would first test the actual connector where it connects to the sensor. Might be loose since Kassel probably puts them together.
          06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Comment

Yeah I remember selling you one on M3F. Either way I would first test the actual connector where it connects to the sensor. Might be loose since Kassel probably puts them together.
            Yea, good idea. I noticed they didn't use the the little weather proofing plugs on the connector so I wonder how well its assembled.

Instagram

Comment

I may be able to test that.
              I'm thinking of doing a test where I take my wire out from right beside the fuel injectors (where I have a theory that they are causing signal interference) and over the air box to the DME. This test would keep the location of the MAP sensor itself the same (Kassel adapter).

The next test would be to use my inline MAP adapter.

Those two tests may be able to determine if wiring route and/or MAP position have anything to do with my strange readings.

I just really don't want to pull those wires I spent so much time routing and de-pin too many times as I fear the locking tabs on the pins might only take so much abuse before they don't work. But I am quite curious and there is only one way to find out!
              That would be great information,if you could test and share the data. I'm wondering if this is any way related the the infamous CSL airbox "hesitation" at low RPM when trying to punch it.
              2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Yea, good idea. I noticed they didn't use the the little weather proofing plugs on the connector so I wonder how well its assembled.
                Yeah. If there’s a difference I can send you the link for the connectors I get. (Or get Kassel to replace it)

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200430_220926.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.2 KB ID:	20375 Could someone please comment on if its feasible that the fuel injectors are causing signal interference based on my picture of how I snaked the MAP wiring.
                  Last edited by Cubieman; 05-03-2020, 08:10 AM.

Instagram

Comment

Yeah. If there’s a difference I can send you the link for the connectors I get. (Or get Kassel to replace it)
                    Yes, probably have to have Kassel do something for me if there is a problem with their wiring/connections sensor side. Although they could claim I caused any damge which may have happened.

Instagram

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	20200430_220926.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.2 KB ID:	20375 Could someone please comment on if its feasible that the fuel injectors are causing signal interference based on my picture of how I snaked the MAP wiring.
                      I suppose it’s theoretically possible that the solenoids of the fuel injectors are causing some weird induced current, but it wouldn’t be high on my list of possibilities. Technically my wiring is running right along side all the fuel injector wiring with no issues.

Comment

Test results:

Test 1:

Moving wire so it wasn't close to injectors keeping MAP sensor mounted on Kassel adapter.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	20200503_141842.jpg Views:	3 Size:	175.5 KB ID:	20438 Testo:
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	20200503_142213.jpg Views:	3 Size:	120.5 KB ID:	20439

Test 2:

Moving MAP to a different location, I mounted it here because the previous owner had already cut into the Brake Servo hose.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200503_150023.jpg Views:	3 Size:	173.3 KB ID:	20440
                        Testo:
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	20200503_150327.jpg Views:	3 Size:	103.9 KB ID:	20441

I think that says it all!

Now this forms another question in my mind, is there any problems created by running the MAP in the "Kassel Location" with those oscillations?
                        Last edited by Cubieman; 05-03-2020, 12:21 PM.

Instagram

Comment

Now this forms another question in my mind, is there any problems created by running the MAP in the "Kassel Location" with those oscillations?

​​​​​​​
                          Nice! Hooray for science.

Comment

Nice!! I would still move it to the other location so it can be facing up.
                            Last edited by COVID-19; 05-03-2020, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Nice!! I would still move it to the other location so it can be facing up.
                              I will move to that better location, that was just for a quick test.

Thing s**tty part is I can't pull my wiring without de-pining signal and ground from the DME and pin 18 does NOT want to come out, that tab I can depress to slide it out 1/2 way but then it is sticking and I don't want to force it.

I was thinking of pulling the fuel rail, that would get my wiring out. Although I've never done that and am a bit intimidated, lol.

Instagram

Comment

I was thinking of pulling the fuel rail, that would get my wiring out. Although I've never done that and am a bit intimidated, lol.
                                It's super easy, I've had my fuel rail out 3 times in the last week https://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...eplacement.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X