MAP sensor wiring help PLEASE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post

It's super easy, I've had my fuel rail out 3 times in the last week https://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...eplacement.htm
    Thanks for that, is it OK if I don't replace the injector o-rings when re-installing?
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Thanks for that, is it OK if I don't replace the injector o-rings when re-installing?
      Yup! As long as yours aren't due for replacement anyway. I always make sure to clean up the o-rings, the places they fit into, and use a little bit of silicone lube on them for re-assembly (same goes for the air rail tube o-rings)

Comment

Anyone know the part # for the hose (line) that runs from the air rail to the brake servo?
        I can find it with the valves and everything but I don't need all that, just the rubber hose.
        I don't like that mine will now be spliced it 2 areas. I want to install a new line, tap it for the MAP the. Then to make it all to my satisfaction I want to use factory style ear clamps because they are more betterer!!

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
          Your reading with the engine off seems fine to me. You can do a sanity check with a barometer app on your phone (and really the barometric reading from the DME is somewhere within testo too). If it's within 50 mbar of atmospheric pressure, I wouldn't sweat it.

Engine on seems is what's weird. My first thought would be a wiring issue, but I do have to wonder if the sensor being mounted basically directly to a throttle body instead of further downstream causes oscillations like that. I haven't seen others complain of that though.
          terra Would I be correct in thinking that so long as the oscillations do not exceed boundaries that the DME would not effectively care?
          '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Hopefully I'll have it all back together tonight and see if made any difference in driveabilty with the MAP in the different location than the Kassel setup. I know that isn't very scientific though.
            I don't know that it was necessary to move it, I did like the clean look of the Kassel adapter, and the wiring was all but hidden.

Instagram

Comment

I think they sell the whole hose all the way to the brake booster (11617831663) I would hit up Mpartsworldwide and get it used.
              06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Great findings! What software are you using to read the MAP data?
                2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                  Test results:

Test 1:

Moving wire so it wasn't close to injectors keeping MAP sensor mounted on Kassel adapter.
                  Click image for larger version Name:	20200503_141842.jpg Views:	3 Size:	175.5 KB ID:	20438 Testo:
                  Click image for larger version Name:	20200503_142213.jpg Views:	3 Size:	120.5 KB ID:	20439

Test 2:

Moving MAP to a different location, I mounted it here because the previous owner had already cut into the Brake Servo hose.

Click image for larger version Name:	20200503_150023.jpg Views:	3 Size:	173.3 KB ID:	20440
                  Testo:
                  Click image for larger version Name:	20200503_150327.jpg Views:	3 Size:	103.9 KB ID:	20441

I think that says it all!

Now this forms another question in my mind, is there any problems created by running the MAP in the "Kassel Location" with those oscillations?
                  The last test case is to collect data from the OE / FSTT MAPS sensor location built into the air rail.

Do we have any reason to believe the air pressure is that turbulent and the readings are accurate?
                  2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

The last test case is to collect data from the OE / FSTT MAPS sensor location built into the air rail.

Do we have any reason to believe the air pressure is that turbulent and the readings are accurate?
                    My pictures are of the OE CSL sensor with the OE CSL rail FWIW

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post
                      Great findings! What software are you using to read the MAP data?
                      Now you’ve wired your MAP sensor as per my guide, it’s time to check it’s plumbed in properly and reading what it should. To check the reading we require a 3rd party tool called Testo. Testo is based the Ediabas API and provides realtime data. In order to use Testo you will need the following: A copy of Testo, available to download here Working INPA installation An OBD2 cable that is compatible with INPA Visual Studio C++ redistributable package, this is only required if you receive an error regarding ‘MSVCP100.dll’. Extract Testo to a folder and run the ‘Testo.exe’ executable.

You should check yours and share the info 😀
                      06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
                        My pictures are of the OE CSL sensor with the OE CSL rail FWIW
                        Good to know!

Originally posted by COVID-19 View Post
                        https://www.ecuworx.co.uk/2016/03/15...g-a-csl-clone/
                        You should check yours and share the info 😀
                        I am wrapping up a vacuum line refresh this weekend. After I get everything buttoned back up I plan to check mine. I'll report back with the findings.

Comment

I've had the kassel setup for about 2yrs but after seeing this thread, I'm planning to relocate mine to the brake booster area but am looking for the cleanest way to do this. I like Lang's option the best, but would probably need an additional adapter to connect to the oem map sensor. By doing what Cubieman did above, using the Kassel adapter and joining it to the vacuum tube would be the simplest, has anyone tested the effects of mounting locations? I read somewhere that the sensor needs to be mounted with the nipple pointed downwards for pressures to remain accurate.

Lang adapter:

https://store.langracing.com/s54-map...fi-conversion/

CubieMan:

2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
                          2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post
                            I've had the kassel setup for about 2yrs but after seeing this thread, I'm planning to relocate mine to the brake booster area but am looking for the cleanest way to do this. I like Lang's option the best, but would probably need an additional adapter to connect to the oem map sensor. By doing what Cubieman did above, using the Kassel adapter and joining it to the vacuum tube would be the simplest, has anyone tested the effects of mounting locations? I read somewhere that the sensor needs to be mounted with the nipple pointed downwards for pressures to remain accurate.

Lang adapter:

https://store.langracing.com/s54-map...fi-conversion/

CubieMan:

That picture is of a different style adapter than the Kassel and was only in that location for testing purposes as the previous owner had already cut the brake servo line there.
                            I later installed the MAP right by the brake servo, that is the cleanest installation as the cabin air filter covers it almost entirely.

COVID-19 Has the adapter style you are looking for.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	image_391.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	24834 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_390.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	24835

Instagram

Comment

Where are you guys getting those nice little adapters? I'm only finding them through UK vendors.

There's also these larger sizes. I don't have a booster hose handy but I'm guessing the 12mm *should* work.

https://www.lpgshop.co.uk/bosch-map-...-14mm-to-14mm/

https://www.lpgshop.co.uk/bosch-map-...-16mm-to-16mm/
                              IG: @limited.slip

Imola Red E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
                              Alpine White E90 M3 6MT​
                              Alpine White 1 Series M
                              A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ E̶4̶6̶ 3̶2̶5̶i̶ T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ S̶5̶4̶ 6̶M̶T̶
                              T̶i̶t̶a̶n̶i̶u̶m̶ S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ E̶3̶9̶ 5̶4̶0̶i̶ M̶-̶S̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ​T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ S̶6̶2̶ 6̶M̶T̶

Comment

Forgive me if I'm dense but how to do I get to the MAP sensor screen on the current version of Testo?
                                Looks like things have changed a bit since the instructions posted on Ecuworx.
                                IG: @limited.slip

Imola Red E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
                                Alpine White E90 M3 6MT​
                                Alpine White 1 Series M
                                A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ E̶4̶6̶ 3̶2̶5̶i̶ T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ S̶5̶4̶ 6̶M̶T̶
                                T̶i̶t̶a̶n̶i̶u̶m̶ S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ E̶3̶9̶ 5̶4̶0̶i̶ M̶-̶S̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ​T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ S̶6̶2̶ 6̶M̶T̶

Comment

Working...
                                X