Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INPA code "Throttle valve pot. 2" -- which TPS is that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realized I never updated this with my findings.

Swapped all three things on my car and while doing so, I decided to disconnect each TPS one at a time and check codes to finally settle the debate.

TPS by the oil filter housing disconnected:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Oil Filter Housing TPS Codes.png Views:	9 Size:	198.9 KB ID:	244115

TPS on the throttle actuator disconnected:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Throttle Actuator TPS Codes.png Views:	9 Size:	196.6 KB ID:	244116

Pedal disconnected:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Pedal Codes.png Views:	9 Size:	188.8 KB ID:	244117

In summary, TPS 1 is by the oil filter housing, TPS 2 is on the throttle actuator and the pedal throws its own codes.

Edit: Oh! Caveat to all of this is that I'm running CSL engine management. I think the mapping is the same as stock, but did not confirm that.
    Last edited by heinzboehmer; 12-01-2023, 01:44 PM.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post

FCP will actually let you "trade up" from OE to Genuine BMW. Buy the Genuine BMW from them and then send the OE part back as a warranty return and they'll refund it, so, you just pay the difference, and you retain lifetime warranty on the BMW part. ...
      Only if it's within 90 days of purchase. Learned that recently.

Comment

Working...
      X