Clutch Delay Valve Delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch Delay Valve Delete

How many of you guys have bypassed the CDV? Is it worth doing? Everyone has been in my ear about removing it since I switched over to a manual m3.
    11 E90 M3 Alpine White
    96 FJ80 Black
    05 E46 M3 Carbon Black: (sold)
    86 Porsche 944 Turbo Guards Red, 320 whp: (sold)
    89 E30 Touring Alpine White, S52 swapped: (sold)
    02 E46 M3 Steel Grey: (sold)

I deleted it on my E36 M3 and it made a remakeable difference.
    I deleted it on my E46 M3. It was not as remarkable but it will help clutch disc life.
    5 minute job.

Comment

I removed mine, I like how the clutch pedal feels without it.

Comment

Cheap + easy mod worth doing. I replaced stock transmission line with braided steel version while down there.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

It only delays the clutch engagement and not disengagement, so to help people not stall the engine (or the SMG in this case). Am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by sapote View Post
            It only delays the clutch engagement and not disengagement, so to help people not stall the engine (or the SMG in this case). Am I right?
            No, it just smooths engagement a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Deen HK View Post
              How many of you guys have bypassed the CDV? Is it worth doing? Everyone has been in my ear about removing it since I switched over to a manual m3.
              Yes do it. In 23 years in the E46s never heard anyone say they regretted removing it.
              6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by sapote View Post
                No that’s not it. Here’s some info.
                6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by old///MFanatic View Post
                  No that’s not it. Here’s some info.
                  https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=6562
                  I think the article agrees with what sapote said. It does slow engagement of the clutch.

SMG does not have CDV as the slave cylinder is electronically controlled. The hard pipe goes straight from the SMG pump to the slave, no valves in between I have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
                    I think the article agrees with what sapote said. It does slow engagement of the clutch.
                    I should have worded it better to reference his comment related “to not stalling engine”. BMW is said to have put it in for driveline shock.

Either way felt Zecks article is good info.

Comment

Yeah if you blow through it you can tell that there's no restriction in one direction and a substantial restriction in the other. When installed, it's orientated such that there's no flow restriction when pushing the clutch in, but there is a restriction when letting the clutch out. This manifests as a slower release of the clutch itself (not the pedal).
                      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Got rid of it when I had my clutch done. Not sure why they put this in in the first place, feels much more natural after I had it removed.

Comment

Took mine out 18 year ago. No regrets.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i
                          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by wahsm View Post
                            Got rid of it when I had my clutch done. Not sure why they put this in in the first place, feels much more natural after I had it removed.
                            Probably for the same seemingly dumb reason there is no sport button key-off memory. But I agree--I had mine out years ago and feels much better.

Comment

Originally posted by wahsm View Post
                              Not sure why they put this in in the first place, feels much more natural after I had it removed.
                              Probably the lawyers wanted to avoid tranny reliability issue during the warrantee period. The device works to engage the clutch smooth, less jerk on the tranny internal parts, driven by a powerful engine.

Comment

Working...
                              X