The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

😂 😂 😂
    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Another auction that might indicate where market is today. Very clean Imola ZCP. Guy paid top dollar in 2020: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-m3-coupe-139/​
      Wow, guy got $5K more than he paid back in 2020.
      Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Prices barely started rising in 2020 nothing surprising there.

They peaked in 2022/2023 if you look at the bring a trailer sales histogram. If he got more than what he paid in that two year window in 2024 then it'd be a wow.
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Beautiful... it's funny I'm starting to see more and more E46M on the road... most are coupes... almost none are in good shape... so maybe people have been convinced to buy beat up coupes over pristine convertibles... who knows?

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 15k-Mile 2002 BMW M3 Convertible 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #152,822.

maw

Comment

lol, I really don't understand these prices.

Take these 2 cars. More or less the same vehicle, with the same mileage, same color, similar condition, both 6MT.

20K difference in price.... why? Just the LCI and ZCP package? I know Hagerty values LCI cars quite a bit higher, but I didn't think it was 20 grand.

Bid for the chance to own a 2006 BMW M3 Competition Package 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #151,617.

Bid for the chance to own a One-Owner 2002 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #150,680.
            2004 Dinan S3-R M3
            2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post

Take these 2 cars. More or less the same vehicle, with the same mileage, same color, similar condition, both 6MT.

20K difference in price.... why? Just the LCI and ZCP package? I know Hagerty values LCI cars quite a bit higher, but I didn't think it was 20 grand.

Bid for the chance to own a 2006 BMW M3 Competition Package 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #151,617.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...m3-coupe-58-2/
              Just a stupid thing to note but the 06 $55k car comes with 5-6 year old tires on it... you'd think for $55k you'd get some decent tires that aren't aged out.
              Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

This should be interesting along with the NJ convertible... NJ is older with fewer miles, this is a newer body year coupe with similar color combo. They both seem all there.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3017VqJR/2005-bmw-m3-coupe?utm_source=listing_alert&utm_medium=email&ut m_campaign=hero

I can see last model year or so cars being more valued more ... I don't know if I see $20k but I see how someone might.

maw

EDIT ... yeah last year comp pack will get you another $20k... 4 years of depreciation on everything rubber, plastic and leather and you can see how those years are worthwhile.... that's what gets costly on these cars... the Big Three kinda handles the metal components we all know and love. The rubber, plastic and leather are the problem.
                Last edited by maw1124; 06-24-2024, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Just a stupid thing to note but the 06 $55k car comes with 5-6 year old tires on it... you'd think for $55k you'd get some decent tires that aren't aged out.
                  2019 tires are perfectly fine. Tires can be sold as new up to 4 years after manufacture date.
                  BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                  https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...m3-coupe-58-2/
                    If you had to choose between two sisters with the same miles but one was 30 while the other was 22 and dressed up a little sexier, you'd take the 22 year old.
                    Last edited by Maxima SE; 06-25-2024, 08:32 PM.
                    2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                    2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Working...
                    X