• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Interlagos View Post

Sold for $24k…
    I was right on the money then!
    BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Wow, the unders won big on that one. Guy got a good deal IMO.
      Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Another auction that might indicate where market is today. Very clean Imola ZCP. Guy paid top dollar in 2020: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-m3-coupe-139/
        Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBimmers View Post
          Another auction that might indicate where market is today. Very clean Imola ZCP. Guy paid top dollar in 2020: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-m3-coupe-139/
          Very sad to see that the current owner barely even put 600 miles on it in almost 4 years of ownership…

Comment

Did he purchase it as a gamble on the market?

No surprise here regarding car prices with the economy in shambles. People out here are just trying to survive with everything 50% more expensive than it was four years ago. I'm guessing it'll go just under 40k.
            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Not to take us off theme, but I don't see an economy in shambles. Not based on growth, unemployment rate or the stock market. Is the cost of living too high? Absolutely. And used car prices have come down to earth. Good Demuro video on state of the market if you don't mind his schtick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJoqnQpUWz8

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerfang View Post
                That’s the plan, I had bid on the LSB over LSB car
                on BaT a few weeks ago and the cost started to get out of hand to the point I wouldn’t want to drive it.

This car (hopefully) gets me a more enjoyable experience at a lower cost.

I don’t know if I’ll own the car forever but needed to scratch the itch and this seems like the best way to do it.
                Be careful - I scratched the itch with a 2004 M3 convertible hardtop in Jet Black with 40K miles (was also my high school love) and ended up with a second Imola Red M3 coupe just about a month ago…

Comment

Sadly today's data is corrupt and the market is artificially propped up. If your'e an armchair economist sitting around at a desk and getting your information from television then it can appear that everything is just dandy.

Everyone is effectively poorer which is why car prices have come down to "earth", it's not rocket science. Less disposable income means less toys.

Originally posted by davidinnyc View Post

Be careful - I scratched the itch with a 2004 M3 convertible hardtop in Jet Black with 40K miles (was also my high school love) and ended up with a second Imola Red M3 coupe just about a month ago…

Haha, I'm satisfied with one don't know how you guys do it.
                  2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

In the results graph, BaT still has a recent IB M3 marked as sold and if I recall correctly, the buyer backed out.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBimmers View Post
                      Not to take us off theme, but I don't see an economy in shambles. Not based on growth, unemployment rate or the stock market. Is the cost of living too high? Absolutely. And used car prices have come down to earth. Good Demuro video on state of the market if you don't mind his schtick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJoqnQpUWz8
                      None of that represents what the average person, especially lower class or middle class, is going through. I guess an E46 M3 forum is the perfect place for out of touch statements like this.
                      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
                        None of that represents what the average person, especially lower class or middle class, is going through. I guess an E46 M3 forum is the perfect place for out of touch statements like this.
                        Just curious what metric does then. Or do we just discard all available metrics and empirical data and substitute our own inclinations instead? The consumer price index isn’t doing too hot, but it is far from what any reasonable person would consider in shambles.
                        2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Amen.

Even upper middle class is feeling it by now. Not sure where this is going but it's clear that if you ain't rich, you're screwed. The sad thing is that most people in middle or upper middle class are still unaware of just how bad things have gotten and how much worse they will inevitably get. BlueBimmer and lemoose's posts are perfect examples (no offence).
                          Last edited by IamFODI; 06-21-2024, 01:28 PM. Reason: Edited out politics

Comment

So you're out of touch if you don't think everything is going to hell? That attitude becomes self-fulfilling. Big difference between shambles and things we need to correct. I think what people like Prof. Scott Gallaway says makes a lot of sense.

What's the average household income now, $70K? So yeah, any forum thread about BaT is coming from a privileged placed relative to the mean.

Back on thread - the 06 ZCP seller made this money back plus some from price he paid in 2021: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-m3-coupe-140/

Comment

Originally posted by PetrolM3 View Post

[political content edited out by mod]
                              [political content edited out by mod] Good lord…

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.gif Views:	4 Size:	220.3 KB ID:	268976
                              Last edited by IamFODI; 06-21-2024, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Damn I missed the juicy parts.

I'm just enjoying this life we have right now still get to bomb around in my 90s-2000s dream cars and make race car noises before I can no longer afford a loaf of bread.

See ya'll at the soylent factory.
                                Last edited by Tbonem3; 06-21-2024, 01:45 PM.
                                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
                                X